2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can all remember..LE said they had not had a chance to go through all the electronic equipment... was this October...I think..could be wrong...long time either way you look at it...the cell phones could come from anyone...

I don't remember ever hearing about this -- do you have a link?

Throwing this into the Universe, didn't Houze recently take on another "possible" murder case? Does anyone know when that was? I seem to remember it being fairly recent (since november maybe).

IF so, maybe that narrows down the timeline of when the "information" came in. IF Terri did make a deal-or Houze knew she was going to, then taking on another client would be natural (ie he would have enough time for it). IDK, I know the idea of a "deal" has come up...but then I think- why would TH talk now when she hasn't before.

Also, re: burn phones I thought the burn phone was useful because it couldn't be traced back to you. IF that is where the information is coming from (subpeonas from a burn phone) how are they going to tie that to TH?

They could trace it back to the retailer and perhaps get a camera shot of who bought it? Based on the receipt day and time?

So in other words, if in fact this is where she would have gotten rid of him, she would have had plenty of time, correct?

Yes in my opinion she would have had plenty of time to get there and back to the gym. If you are talking miles up Dixie Mountain, then it gets trickier.

Just getting up to speed... so it's pretty well believed that he's not alive I guess. :(

(I cannot find which of the FOUR locations she went to in Beaverton. They are 27, 28, 35 and 41 minutes from the search site.)

Okay, I just picked one of the locations... if anyone knows for sure which one she went to, let me know.

From Fred Meyer, to search site, to this gym location is 56 minutes TOTAL.

That would leave her with 33-43 minutes at the search site or to drive up further to another site.

More than enough time.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...42,-122.875214&spn=0.217652,0.441513&t=h&z=11

The furthest gym away would be 1 hour and 7 minutes from Fred Meyer, to search site to the gym.

That would still leave her with 12-22 minutes at the search site.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...86897&sspn=0.435603,0.883026&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=10

You picked the right gym. 24 Hour Fitness on Waterhouse. ;)

I'm thinking whatever was found really was maybe 4 weeks to 6 weeks ago and they are doing more checking now.Maybe they already found Kyron.This is the time period(4 to 6 weeks) any DNA evidence would have come back.

IIRC, it's right in the task force plan.

ETA: I'm having no luck at all today. All the online links to the task force plan I can find no longer work, and to top it off, the Advanced Search on here is hosed for me. I'm searching on key words I know I posted, and the posts won't come up. Was trying to get to my posts in the task force thread.

Yes mam...there is one...right now I am cooking supper...as soon as I can...I will locate it..But THERE is a LINK...I beleive it was the last PC... I could be wrong...but it was absolutley there...

I'm thinking whatever was found really was maybe 4 weeks to 6 weeks ago and they are doing more checking now.Maybe they already found Kyron.This is the time period(4 to 6 weeks) any DNA evidence would have come back.

I cannot beleive that is possible for many reasons. First and foremost being, if he were found weeks ago and they were waiting on DNA - thre is no way in heck that could be kept under wraps this long. At the very least they would have given Desiree and Kaine a heads up. Based on Desiree's comments, I think that is unlikely. Secondly, if remains had been found I don't think it likely they would be waiting for DNA to perform a more thourough search of the area. If ANY human remains had been found, I don't see them waiting six weeks to go back and search for evidence. That just doesn't follow to me.

ETA Just reread your post and now realize I misunderstood. You meant that you think they found evidence weeks ago and are now revisiting the sites. Possible, but I thought one of the MSM sources qouted the LE spokesperson as saying these were not areas that had been searched previously.

or what happened to him....it really does sound like Desiree knows he's gone.

I'm just trying to imagine how Desiree feels...I am feeling so frustrated and that is nothing.

OT: I have missed all of you!
I told my husband I had to "talk to my Kyron friends" when I heard the search news. He just shook his head lol.

:hug:

A credible source tells me the #kyron searches were conducted today based on “some reasonably location-specific information”.....but nothing of significance was found.

Also no vehicle, no personnel connected to the State Medical Examiner’s office or any county coroner’s office was involved today.

http://twitter.com/#!/AnnaCanzanoKATU

I've been playing with the timeline for a while, and couldn't get it to work, except for... after Kaine came home at 2pm. He went upstairs. Terri was downstairs. I believe the baby was sleeping.

There was time for her to go then to the search spot. Kyron's bus didn't come till approx 3:30.

You just need to take a few minutes (maybe 10?) off the far end for Kaine and Terri to go downstairs, Kaine to put the baby's shoes on, and then all of them to walk to the bus. And maybe 15 minutes off the front end for Kaine to look at the kiss the baby, look at the science fair pics, and make something to eat.

Nothing has ever said when Terri went upstairs. She could have just done so on arrival home from the search spot.

There's about an hour - 2:10 to 3:15 - in there. Plenty of time.

The only other thing I can think of is if Kaine, when he got in, pulled the car in and blocked the truck Terri had been driving. In that case, she'd have needed a few minutes to take Kyron out of the truck and put him in the car. 5 minutes? Still gives her about an hour.

Maybe somebody else could check the times and see if my math is wonky?

I cannot beleive that is possible for many reasons. First and foremost being, if he were found weeks ago and they were waiting on DNA - thre is no way in heck that could be kept under wraps this long. At the very least they would have given Desiree and Kaine a heads up. Based on Desiree's comments, I think that is unlikely. Secondly, if remains had been found I don't think it likely they would be waiting for DNA to perform a more thourough search of the area. If ANY human remains had been found, I don't see them waiting six weeks to go back and search for evidence. That just doesn't follow to me.

ETA Just reread your post and now realize I misunderstood. You meant that you think they found evidence weeks ago and are now revisiting the sites. Possible, but I thought one of the MSM sources qouted the LE spokesperson as saying these were not areas that had been searched previously.
I am saying they really did find a bone or something and just now finding out it is little Kyrons.Maybe they are possibly looking for the rest of him and possible evidence.They are going back now because the weather is better?Or that is what they are saying.We will see what happens now.

Went back and looked at MSM headlines 4-6 weeks ago:

http://topics.oregonlive.com/tag/kyron horman/posts.html

Kyron Horman Task Force sends out list of 490 people interviewed from school, and asks if they're missing anyone By Maxine Bernstein, The Oregonian
December 10, 2010, 3:13PM

Since then, we've seen numerous efforts to find Ky alive (the text/phone partnership; the Gordon Trucking partnership). IMO, LE is truly closing in. At the same time they're attempting to "prove" that Ky is no longer with us (with the nationwide searches), they have had -- obviously -- hard leads pointing to where his body might be found.

The resulting case might be circumstantial and lacking a body. But it will not be lacking in an all-out attempt to "prove" what happened. IMO. IMO.

OT: I have missed all of you!
I told my husband I had to "talk to my Kyron friends" when I heard the search news. He just shook his head lol.

:hug:

I tell my husband I'm visiting with "my imaginary friends!" LOL!

So, I guess the search is over, as it only 10 more minutes until sunset... and nothing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles