2011.03.24 - Air Sample Expert Testimony

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am slightly confused. I understand the 'grave wax' and the smell of decomp. But why are the very high levels of chloroform important? To what is the SA attributing these high levels? KC drugging Caylee? Have they any other evidence besides the searches on line to back up this theory? CA cleaning the car? With chloroform? Why wouldn't this put CA to sleep? :waitasec: Some other cause? (besides dryer sheets? :floorlaugh:)

I am slightly confused. I understand the 'grave wax' and the smell of decomp. But why are the very high levels of chloroform important? To what is the SA attributing these high levels? KC drugging Caylee? Have they any other evidence besides the searches on line to back up this theory? CA cleaning the car? With chloroform? Why wouldn't this put CA to sleep? :waitasec: Some other cause? (besides dryer sheets? :floorlaugh:)
Premeditation. She killed Caylee with Chloroform after searching for how to make it online, and with duct tape. Nothing else can contribute to the abnormally high levels other than addition of pure Chloroform. It was not produced naturally in the trunk environment, by any of the contents or combination of, including the body.

The most important reason the SA needs Dr. Vass allowed in is for his Chloroform testimony, as it is extremely, abnormally high and can be associated with the search for Chloroform on the computer, thus premeditation. I believe they will be admitting that KC put her in the trunk after an accident, so decomp in the trunk will be a moot point.

And, the smell of death that made Vass jump back 2 feet!
Bill Scheaffer thinks these two statements will astound the jury.
BSheaffer on the hearing yesterday
http://www.wftv.com/video/27321100/index.html

And, the smell of death that made Vass jump back 2 feet!
Bill Scheaffer thinks these two statements will astound the jury.
BSheaffer on the hearing yesterday
http://www.wftv.com/video/27321100/index.html
But if they say Caylee drowned and ICA acknowledges putting her in the trunk ie: Ugly Coping... the smell no longer matters, decomp no longer matters. Only the unexplained Chloroform matters.

We should add a poll to this thread lol. I am going to pray that JP will allow all of Dr.V's testimony in. Reason being, that this was a Fry hearing and I to heard when JP told Baez that what he was asking/challenging was something for the trial. Dr. V knows his science and techniques and even stated it is used in other labs. When Baez asked him how, he answers respectfully by saying he didn't work in other labs so he couldn't tell him how the science/techniques were used in other labs, but he went on and on about how he uses them where he works and where Caylee's evidence was sent.
Do I :loser:make any sense lol.

So I vote, yes all of Dr.V's testimony will come into trial.
P.S. JP looks like he is getting tired of all of Baez's antic's.

But if they say Caylee drowned and ICA acknowledges putting her in the trunk ie: Ugly Coping... the smell no longer matters, decomp no longer matters. Only the unexplained Chloroform matters.

What about the duct tape? The remains dumped in the woods? Casey knowing they were dumped in the woods and the animals and scavengers where eating away at Caylee's flesh? Lying to LE? Not calling 911 if true Caylee drowned? Not telling her parents or anyone? How happy she was to get rid of the dead squirrel, wasn't that when she dumped the car off at Amscot? The trips to Fusion, Tony's, Block Busters, and Target? Never calling 911 to report Caylee missing? Not shedding a tear while in court while they talk about dogs hitting on a decomposing/dead body? While Dr.V talked about the smell of death coming from the car? And was there not a Gatorade bottle and syringe not found at the remains site? Did we ever find out what was really in them and will that come into evidence? Anyone know?

IMO, the state has so much that even if Dr.V's testimony doesn't come in Casey will get convicted. There is just so much against her IMO. :cow:
I have faith in God that Caylee will get the justice she so deserves.

I, too, liked the testimony of Dr. Vass yesterday. JB was clearly in over his head, imo.
From my understanding of a Frye hearing, JB needed to show that this science was too new and/or not reliable. IMO, he didn't show either one. So, in my unscientific opinion, his honor will let it in. It will still be up to JB to show that it could be wrong. He really needs someone with more scientific knowledge to question this witness. Big fail. jmo

Does anyone have a link to the part in the testimony where Dr. Vass said the "isn't it cool" thing to JB? I got called into a meeting yesterday and missed that part and unfortunately don't have the time today to go back through all the video and find it...

Does anyone have a link to the part in the testimony where Dr. Vass said the "isn't it cool" thing to JB? I got called into a meeting yesterday and missed that part and unfortunately don't have the time today to go back through all the video and find it...

I think it was not long before JB had his meltdown if that helps. I would like to relisten to it too today. I caught that part when I was looking for the meltdown and didn't get a chance to go back from there to hear what led up to it. The cool, not the meltdown.

Oh please, in addition to this video clip above, you have GOT to go to the and see the shot of KC's reaction.

http://www..com/

Isn't that funny? I think that picture is from when he was talking was about the crematorium who dumped the bodies out back though. I watched that section over and over last night. She was probably thinking wow, one body was a mess, imagine a few hundred.

ETA: that would make a great avatar!

When JB said to Dr. Vass that this science hasn't be used by anyone else. Vass immediately replied it HAS been used by the FBI and a few others! VERY impressive!

:rocker:

My reason for reading this thread! Hope someone posts the answer soon.

:tyou: in advance

Isn't that funny? I think that picture is from when he was talking was about the crematorium who dumped the bodies out back though. I watched that section over and over last night. She was probably thinking wow, one body was a mess, imagine a few hundred.

ETA: that would make a great avatar!

Correct!! IIRC ICA did look up briefly when Vass mentioned the death smell but tried to be discrete and quickly looked back down. The bug eyed shot was over the crematorium.

Vass had me sold with his interaction with JA but all JB did was further convince me that Vass has something solid.

JB raising the issue of financial gain and the Labrador device only added legitimacy at a Frye hearing. Doh!!!! no-one is going to buy the device unless it was a legimate tool with reliable, usable results and ... this was a Frye hearing!!! A device suggests that the process is baked and going into 'production' not something that is still being developed and is in early stages.

I lost count of how many times JB enabled Vass to add more credibility to his research and thus shot himself in the foot. JB did a great job of helping the SA convince HHJBP and little to question the science and its validity.

My reason for reading this thread! Hope someone posts the answer soon.

:tyou: in advance

Oh gosh. I just saw that last night on one of the WFTV videos! Was it #4??? I can't remember for sure!!!

No wait, maybe it wasn't.

I think it was at the beginning of one of them though. :waitasec:

Last night I searched for Vass on FB. What I got is just an info page which links a wiki page..it obviously is NOT Vass's FB page. Anyone should be able to tell that. As if Vass put the page on there himself and linked a Wiki page he wrote for himself. Duh!! He looked surprised that there was this stuff about him!!

Casey can say whatever she wants to say... the jury will decide what they are to believe based on the evidence that is presented. If the evidence does not point to an accidental drowning... then it doesn't point to an accidental drowning.

The reason the chloroform is important is because of the searches on the computer... the high levels of chloroform detected in the trunk of Casey's car... and there just so happens to be a bottle with liquid that tested positive for chloroform with a syringe on the scene where Caylee's remains would be found. They can't all be coincidences, can they??

I am starting to really believe that chloroform played a huge role in Caylee's death. I am starting to think that Casey injected Caylee with this chloroform and then duct taped her face and placed her in the trunk... to kill her on purpose!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx
Back