2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - PM edition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA is crushing this witness - gonna be nothing left but a pool of something on the floor.

So none of your research on your CV was done without your students? None of it was done on your own?

mystudentswork.PNG

JA is slaughtering this guy.

Furton purports to have research experience that has appeared in peer review journals...thus he is an expert that JB can use.

JA just blew that out of the water.

Oh man, this line of questioning regarding "research that his students do vs his actual research" will be devestating in front of a jury. The jurors will take one look at Dr. Vass, who does it all himself and published his findings and compare it to this guy who is the research advisor or "supervisor" for other peoples work, and come to their own immediate conclusions.

Dr. Vass picks up his own roadkill as a hobby and this man follows his students around. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

WHAT? NOT DO ONE'S OWN research?????

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Somebody call YALE, HARVARD, COLUMBIA heck, MIT with the news!.......They'll be plenty of free time available in college/university labs!

I know, I'm still wondering if JA would consider defense if I get in trouble in a diff state. Research is DONE on JA's side. Lol!

WOW! This guy is really not able to answer the questions intelligently. This is going to float the boat of any jury. I vote that he move forward. LOL

WOW...This guy is dying a sloooow death. JA is torturing him. The witness is making it worse upon himself by struggling the whole.long.way...

Oh man, this line of questioning regarding "research that his students do vs his actual research" will be devestating in front of a jury. The jurors will take one look at Dr. Vass, who does it all himself and published his findings and compare it to this guy who is the research advisor or "supervisor" for other peoples work, and come to their own immediate conclusions.

ITA- Also, Dr. Vass didn't have any bias. He simply stated HIS work and shared his excitement for his chosen field. Dr. Vass was brilliant in every way. He truly wanted to educate us all. This witness, eh, not so much.

IMO

Was it to provide all of your opinions or some of your opinions? What were you told??
How did you interpret it?

JA is on a roll.

JA asking what he understood the court's order to supply a report meant.

JA reminds me SOOOO much of the DA representing my brother's case.
He let us offer the guy LWOP & when he refused the DA said. I'm going for the DP and I WILL GET IT!!. Sorry for the O/T mods, but this case and my brother's case is what landed me at this awesome site. :)

I remember this from the depo..that he just supervised. OR was that another expert as well?

ICA's face is red..she might be a bit peeved..wonder why

Bless Ashton's heart BUT I prefer Ms.Burdick doing the questioning.

Yikes. He submitted the report in JANUARY, NOT March.

JA: it is also generally accepted that odors can be captured and measured instumentally.
yes

JA: are you aware the court issued an order that all experts were to have a report
yes, jose told me.

JA: what were you told it was to contain.
the basis of my opinion of the case

JA: every opinion? how did you interpret it?
I have been a witness in lots of cases, I write a report and if additional info comes up or bolsters I will discuss. I wasn't aware there would be no opportunity to bolster.

JA: your opinion of Voss and Stopopolis...had you compared their work before you wrote the report(JA informs him of the date of his report which he could not remember before the break).
So at the time you wrote this report you had not read the garbage study(dr stopopolis)
That is a study I had not read, yes.

Pssst...Is he staying at a Holiday Inn, too???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton