2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - PM edition

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After sitting for eight hours listening to this yammering - there is no way I am taking time away to watch to this next week - I'll be satisfied with watching the odd news clip of the hearings and reading the various summaries. :maddening:

Just because JB isn't earning any money does not mean I can't!!!!

OMG my only thought as today winds up is this: THANK YOU to all WSers who stuck with it today and gave us the play-by-play!

:blowkiss:

This is so bloody ridiculous, Baez and Co. have dragged this out on purpose. I think their intention is to use up the funds and wear everybody down. So now what? We are now into week 3 for the Frye Hearing!

How long is the damn trial going to go for - or does Baez think if he can bankrupt the court system he and ICA will get their long hoped for mistrial?

What did HHJP mean when he said they only have enough money to go through April??

Thanks!

ETA: WOW! Listening to Channel 9's 5:00 news and did they ever get it wrong!! They just reported that Baez called the State's expert crazy! That isn't what happened at all... I'm sure no JB fan, but I certainly wish the media would get their reports correct!!!

It would be a good idea to have Dr. Logan call in on a different hard line next time.

hint hint DT

All he has to do is turn the volume down on the polycom. I've had lots of experience with those and if the volume is too high, you get the echo on the other end. You would think the county personnel would be able to direct them on this.

I don't think the judge cares his mic is open.

I need to watch again but I think I saw him reach down and turn it back on. Maybe because it went from sidebar stuff to scheduling and KC is supposed to hear that??? I don't know.

so if you are going to commit a crime make sure you draw out your trial so that the state does not have enough money to put you on trial...okay...that makes no sense.

I don't doubt it is true or can happen...

Some murder trial take many years. This one should not have, just the media got in the way. Should have been done within a year, tops 2.

A year is normal for a simple murder case, a death penalty case can be up to 2 years before trial. Don't get me wrong, every murder case is serious, child or adult, but the length of this one is b/c of media. JB did know that much going in. He is the one that requested it and now wishes he would not have.

ETA: Unless it is a Federal Murder Trial, then I think JSR has some wisdom on those.

The judge recinded the Sat. testimony and late after hours because he could not do this to his staff. It isn't fair to them to work long hours. Court reporter can only do this for so many hours. (this is what I heard the Judge state)

Now, my opinion is since there is a funding issue, any over time pay to bailiff, clerks and stuff would eat into those funds.

I understand that in practical terms, but I watch SuperNanny ,so as a qualified expert I can say, FOLLOW THROUGH,or those kids......I mean Defense team ......will walk all over you :maddening:

So is funding/money running out due to so much spent on "experts" by the defense???

What did HHJP mean when he said they only enough have money to go through April??

Thanks!

ETA: WOW! Listening to Channel 9's 5:00 news and did they ever get it wrong!! They just reported that Baez called the State's expert crazy! That isn't what happened at all... I'm sure no JB fan, but I certainly wish the media would get their reports correct!!!

I believe HHJP said (insert at BMB) only just so much (delete enough) money...

21merc, I will say it again--SO very glad to see you back posting here.

I understand that in practical terms, but I watch SuperNanny ,so as a qualified expert I can say, FOLLOW THROUGH,or those kids......I mean Defense team ......will walk all over you :maddening:

BIG SNORT right outta my nose on that...

Thanks for bringing the cheer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member