2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - PM edition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if she used Fabric softener sheets to clean the car...

http://www.howtodothings.com/home-garden/how-to-use-fabric-softener-for-other-purposes

Fabric softener sheets or dryer sheets can double as dust cloths since they are very effective in attracting dust particles – perfect for home appliances and furniture. You can also use them to collect fallen pet fur and human hair around the house, or on your sweaters and clothes. Make sure that you use used, dry sheets for this purpose.
From what I read here...I think she did (can't confirm...I wasn't home to watch am hearing).

Yep, Baez has been threatening and posturing for months now about "trial delay, trial delay" - he had these dirty little tricks up his sleeve the whole time.

I'm right with you - I don't believe the trial will start on time either. My question is this though, what does it gain the defense to have more delays? This will "eventually" go to trail....Not even the precious Miss ICA can get out of this one.

I don't think it will go to trial on time either. I also think it's going to take a lot longer than 2 months. The poor jury may as well take up residence in Orlando which is probably the defense's plan...wear the jury down so they hate the state for putting them through this.

cocktails.jpg

http://www.daydrinkersd.com/cocktails.jpg

Thank You
I'll take...that one, no that one...forget it..I'll have one of each

I understand that in practical terms, but I watch SuperNanny ,so as a qualified expert I can say, FOLLOW THROUGH,or those kids......I mean Defense team ......will walk all over you :maddening:

OMG! I grew up in a family of "old country people'. Super Nannies don't compare to the whipping into shape we got. (Yes, therapy would be helpful now for me, and I am middle aged.)

I agree with you, however, the Judge must consider all of the other cases the state attorneys have, and the defense attorneys have. If they have cases weekends include visiting the 20 some inmates they must see, attorneys work 24/7 if good, try to squeeze it into 9 hours 4 days a week if not so good. All of them must be considered and the overtime for deputies, court reporters, etc...

That being said and my understanding of it, I too am disappointed that Judge P didn't stick to that one. It would have whipped them all into to shape, (specifically pacifier boy)which is sorely needed. Trial is only a month away!

I am sorry...but changing my prior prediction...

NO WAY IN HECK this trial is starting on time....don't care whether or not HHJP stated it WOULD....

Not a lot of confidence in HHJP standing by HIS word at this point...

I agree. I've been saying this all along. HHJP cannot get control of the DT. The DT will do as they damn well please and they don't want this case to begin on May 9th and it's my opinion it won't.

ETA it will probably start this year, but I'll be surprised if it starts on May 9th. This case simply is not prepared to go forward as planned.

http://www.howtodothings.com/home-garden/how-to-use-fabric-softener-for-other-purposes

Fabric softener sheets or dryer sheets can double as dust cloths since they are very effective in attracting dust particles – perfect for home appliances and furniture. You can also use them to collect fallen pet fur and human hair around the house, or on your sweaters and clothes. Make sure that you use used, dry sheets for this purpose.

They're also supposed to ward off mosquitos!

When it's cold out ,you can run one over your hair and eliminate the static frizzies.

Can we come to any consensus re: if HHJP is doing all of this to avoid overturn on appeal, is it worth it?

I am sorry...but changing my prior prediction...

NO WAY IN HECK this trial is starting on time....don't care whether or not HHJP stated it WOULD....

Not a lot of confidence in HHJP standing by HIS word at this point...

Regarding a conflict that CM had? Where he wanted to donate his $100??

If Cm said it, granted he is not happy on his team. BUT, that can create habeas issues so lets keep it on the down low.

Has anyone told Dorothy Sims that dryer sheets also help with static? They might help improve the situation going on up on the top of her head.

She brought it up errrr I mean "opened the door" with her own comment so I think that my comment should be allowed to stay.

I agree. I've been saying this all along. HHJP cannot get control of the DT. The DT will do as they damn well please and they don't want this case to begin on May 9th and it's my opinion it won't.

ETA it will probably start this year, but I'll be surprised if it starts on May 9th. This case simply is not prepared to go forward as planned.

Yep - full agreement here. I would never have believed that Judge Perry would allow a delay with the trial start date, after today I'm convinced it won't start on time. Sorry Judge Perry but you have allowed the defense team to run wild and refuse to rein them in. Absolute disgrace that a Frye Hearing is now going to run into it's third week.

Baez and Mason are obvious in their ploy and that truly is the best defense they can scape up on their pitiful client - no trial, no justice and no sentence. Defense ploy is to delay, delay, delay - they don't give a toss how long their innocent till proven client sits in the county jail.

Just a suggestion, but I was a pen clicker at one time -- I'm one of those who always has to be doing something with their hands.

Instead of driving my co-workers crazy, I switched to a paper clip. I could fiddle it about in my hands quietly, and for some reason it calmed my nerves.

I think I'll send JB a box and say "please use these for your nervous tic instead of clicking that dang pen".

MOO

Mel

Personally, I think there should be (or at least in THIS case) a time limit set on questioning.

2 hours for questioning your own witness...

1 hour for cross...

1/2 hour for redirect.

If the defense can't get their point across in the time allowed...cut them off! :maddening:

I bet the State is prepared to start tomorrow. This case should have been taken away from JB on day 41 and turned over to an experienced lawyer.

Yep - full agreement here. I would never have believed that Judge Perry would allow a delay with the trial start date, after today I'm convinced it won't start on time. Sorry Judge Perry but you have allowed the defense team to run wild and refuse to rein them in. Absolute disgrace that a Frye Hearing is now going to run into it's third week.

Baez and Mason are obvious in their ploy and that truly is the best defense they can scape up on their pitiful client - no trial, no justice and no sentence. Defense ploy is to delay, delay, delay - they don't give a toss how long their innocent till proven client sits in the county jail.

I go back and forth on JBP but right now, I'm very disappointed. I don't see the no nonsense judge that everyone talks about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member