2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - PM edition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hotel reservations have to be made soon. They haven't even picked a jury and they're still stuck on the Frye hearings. I doubt they'll finish them next week. I'd like to send over a judge from Texas to get this to trial.

There is no way this trial can start in May.

I've had a few cases in Texas. You're relaxed on procedures but not when it comes to actual Court time.

So basically this trial is never going to happen, and KC will end up walking because the State can't hold her in jail forever. She'll be out until the State can afford to prosecute her, because the defence has been allowed to suck the taxpayers dry while delaying any real work in this case.

I'm standing by this going to trial on May 9th, 2011. Yes, these hearings are going into the third week... Judge Perry will make his decisions the week of April 10th-15th. The week of the 18th-22nd and the week of April 24th-29th can deal with any lingering issues (motions) and he will make all his final decisions in the week of May 2nd-6th. Jury selection will begin on May 9th.

I'm not betting money on it... but I don't think Judge Perry has any intentions on delaying this trial.

BBM

Lola, I don't think he does either. But the DT is bound and determined to get this delayed. And so far, they're doing a bang up job of getting it delayed.

I know everyone is upset, but I think Judge Perry's hands are tied to a certain extent. He can not risk this trial having to be redone. You see the financial strain of this trial is already factoring into him having to go back on his previous statements. I do not believe he intentionally says things and backs out. I truly believe he would love nothing more than to have stayed there late... came in tomorrow and Sunday if need be.

On that note. I do think the hearings will be finished by this week. Judge Perry, imo, already has his mind made up and we all know he does his own research. He is allowing these witnesses to state their opinions for the record so when he does reject them testifying to certain issues or testifying at all... he has a very valid reason to.

Everyone take a deep... deep... breath! Hold it in... Hold it in... now release!

Why in the world would the DT want this gravy train to end? Taxpayers of Fla. have no choice but to keep paying their salaries. ICA is snug as a bug in county jail....no big bad prison for her!!

Judge wants to talk about money?? Really?? He could speed this up if he wanted to. ICA is smiling a lot because she sees all this attention about HER rights....all those people around her...protecting her....petting her. And just look! Even the judge seems smitten!! Pfft....look at Caylee's side. Only 2 people. ICA is STILL more important than Caylee!! Cindy, George and Lee have proven that!

:sick::maddening:

Given the inability of the DT to delay the trial by other means, of course they are trying to 'run out the clock' by doing prolonged Frye presentations pushing it into another session and then not being available. They are going to drag this out and then cry foul that they need more time to prepare before trial. It is getting very close.

I agree with Lola. Casey will be tried. Have no fear of that. I just personally don't think it will begin on May 9th. But I'm very sure it will be heard sometime this year. If I had to bet I would say that it will get heard sometime in June or beginning of July. I could be wrong, and in fact I hope I'm wrong. I want Casey to have that day of reckoning sooner rather than later.

Inhale exhale everyone. I know it's frustrating. And for a judge like HHJP this must be very frustrating. But in my opinion I think he needs to really get better control of the DT. And pronto.

This ALWAYS bugs me, but I dont expect much more - AMAZES me how Casey darts out of that courtroom every single time without even a glance in her parents direction. In all seriousness as someone who lost her mother almost two years ago, I would give ANYTHING to see her face and/or hear her voice JUST.ONE.MORE.TIME.

Sorry, know we're not supposed to go too personal, but just had to get that off my chest.

Cold b!tch.

I am very sorry for your loss. Guess we gotta acknowledge the obvious, though-This is someone who KILLED her beautiful and innocent 2 year old girl. And my suspicion is that she meant to off Cindy back in March, 2008. So, no, she doesn't care about her parents or I should say, she cares about as much for them as she did for Caylee.
Now, mention to her that she's gonna get the DP or she is culpable...watch the waterworks, mirror gazing and "woe is me" pity party begin immediately! She is a complete narcissist.

I go back and forth on JBP but right now, I'm very disappointed. I don't see the no nonsense judge that everyone talks about.

I'd like to know by the time all is said and done how much time is he going to have to consider his ruling on this evidence coming into trial if he decides to allow it? That will be the next DT tactic. JP was biased in his ruling for not having the time to consider yada, yada, yada..and so it goes.

I know everyone is upset, but I think Judge Perry's hands are tied to a certain extent. He can not risk this trial having to be redone. You see the financial strain of this trial is already factoring into him having to go back on his previous statements. I do not believe he intentionally says things and backs out. I truly believe he would love nothing more than to have stayed there late... came in tomorrow and Sunday if need be.

On that note. I do think the hearings will be finished by this week. Judge Perry, imo, already has his mind made up and we all know he does his own research. He is allowing these witnesses to state their opinions for the record so when he does reject them testifying to certain issues or testifying at all... he has a very valid reason to.

Everyone take a deep... deep... breath! Hold it in... Hold it in... now release!
BBM

Sure, but...

It's his courtroom, he should have never allowed Logan to testify, or the "expert" JA challenged as being in violation of discovery. The defence is running amok and HHJP is not taking the time saving outs that's pretty much handed to him on a silver platter: expert witness that wasn't, discovery violation witness.

He could have taken the out and told the defence: No, these witnesses can't testify. Next!

The defence is like an out of control toddler who has never heard the word no, so continues to smash the crystal.

My opinions only.

It's funny how each attorney has their own signature style..... Let's review a few of them.....

JB: Suit # 3 and nifty coordinated tie and pocket square. Not to be confused with Suit # 1 and Suit # 2.
A question for Numbers.....if JB has 3 suits, 4 different colored shirts,20 ties and 20 pocket squares...how many unique "looks" could JB show us.

CM: Gigantic umbrella, John Lennon glasses, cowboy boots.

MM: Suit with tight jackets.

DCS: Attractive suits but bad hair.

LDB: Skirt with matching blazer and perfectly coiffed hair.

JA: Well fitted suits with nice ties. Nothing flashy.

Why in the world would the DT want this gravy train to end? Taxpayers of Fla. have no choice but to keep paying their salaries. ICA is snug as a bug in county jail....no big bad prison for her!!

Judge wants to talk about money?? Really?? He could speed this up if he wanted to. ICA is smiling a lot because she sees all this attention about HER rights....all those people around her...protecting her....petting her. And just look! Even the judge seems smitten!! Pfft....look at Caylee's side. Only 2 people. ICA is STILL more important than Caylee!! Cindy, George and Lee have proven that!

:sick::maddening:

Amster,
Don't loose faith......... part of Caylee's side: