2011.04.08 Frye Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB: this non chemist, non scientist is inserting his findings. chloroform, hysteria unfolded. led to an incredible pre trial talk that created a theory that the victim in this case was overdosed with chloroform. Dr. Vass 's reports uses method that can only be described as a crude method.

he says we have a peak and although we cannot tell you what else was there, it was higher. he states he tried to get a standard to measure but he failed.

JB is now telling the judge what a standard is.

I think they have an overblow impression of their own importance. As if everyone is running in the streets and rioting over stain hysteria and now chloroform hysteria.

CFNews13Casey Twitter:

Cindy Anthony shakign her head as Baez reads emails between CSI Mike Vincent and ORNL scientist Arpad Vass.

Quick shot of CA - looking very somber, wearing a black sweater today over a black and white shirt. Glasses on.

JB: Dr. Vass "its the largest sample I have seen in twenty years." We know he has tested at the body farm, but he is not a chemist. he wants to give scientific levels of a chemical compound. he does have a chemist that works with him...dr. weis...
HH: mr. baez, just a minute...

(silence)

Jb saying this non-chemist/non-scientist . . . . . . . led to incredible amt of pretrial publicity saying the victim was overcome by chloroform. He used quantitative analysis instead of qualitative . . . the method could only be described as a crude method . . . .the peak was higher . . . he attempted to get a standard to measure that amt but that failed . . . get a scientific measurement of how much chloroform there is . . . it's the largest peak I have seen in 20 yrs, he does air samples from bodies and body farm, testified to various other examinations he conducted but he is not a chemist and wants to give scientific levels of a compound. He does have a chemist that works with him . . .
HHBP - just a second - I want to bring up Westlaw for a second

Does anyone notice that Mr. Mason seems to be paying a little bit more attention today than the previous days and he does not look happy. Quite concerned actually.

Dr. Vass is not a chemist???? He has a chemist he works with....is he for real????

I guess that must be like being an alleged attorney......

Judge Perry paused, bringing up some case law to look at.

It is just amazing to me how little ICA is affected by this whole proceeding. Talk about decomposition and chloroform doesn't phase her. She is so detached.

JMO

Alleged scientist?

Why can't he make an argument without ad homs? If he does this at trial, it will make a bad impression to the jury. Attack the argument, not the person!

Oh, JB, You don't need to be a chemist to read the periodic table of elements. Dr. Vass has more knowledge and hands on education than you could ever dream of grasping.

Baez refers to 'chloroform hysteria'. ???
My advice to defense if they are reading here, lose the power point.

They can't.. JB is using the PP like an actor uses a teleprompter. Not being snarky about that.. I used the same technique when I went to do school presentations if I didnt know the subject matter that well. It helps him stay focused on his "argument" (and YES.. "argument" WAS snarky.. lol

pat

i'm trying really really hard to be good because i have total respect for ws, the mods and the members.

but where does he get off questioning dr vass's experience in science? does he really think his editorial comments are helping him in any way at all?

I think he said Westlaw..this is what I found the Judge might be bringing up

...Online legal research service for legal and law related materials and services, including searches of United States and international legal materials...

If you ask me.....JB is laying out the logical progression of action taken in the investigation. He is making the claim for the state.

I don't know sleuther OTS - he said in the beginning of his statement that "all this talk about chloroform originated with Dr. Vass", did he not?

Is that jewelry the cremation necklace?
cremationjewlery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members