2011.04.15 Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hhbp - we are not exactly doing a change of venue - we are going under 9-10. I will let you finish that we should go someplace else. after that 1st attempt - if it fails - i dont necessrily think it will fail - go somewhere else.

JB- i think jury selection process . . . could be the most important aspect of the trial. .. . seat a jury in this case - if there objections that we have, if they are of merit, we have to do that . . . if the media is the culprit of the damage for us to seat a fair and impartial jury - we should place restrictions on the media. . . .

HHBP - mr. baez we don't live in egypt or libya, there is a first amendment to the constituion - i don't know how i could tell the broadcast media that the could not report on this particular . . . .

JB - turn off the cameras in the courtroom - that would be the first thing that may and is under the discretion of the court.

HHBP - Mr Baez - since the FL supreme court ruled with the presence of cameras - do you know of any case where the cameras were turned off?

JB - State vs Kc could be the first

HHJP: objection denied. relevancy and subject to finding that date.
the state has to establish a foundation: date time place. if there is no evidence of a missing child then it has no relevancy they have to put certain things in...

JB: i believe that is all the photos

HHJP: any autopsy or crime scene?

JB: I believe that would have to be argued at trial. we cannot object because they are somewhat relevant.

HHJP: trying to get them all out, my approach the bench (?) will be limited.

JA: oxy codone? I didn't hear that???? What? I am wrong ignore me.

JB: I can't in good faith object to what was presented. the last thing, the jury issues. I filed a response.

HHJP: got it during the break.

JB: will try to narrow argument. both parties have stipulated a COV is needed. right up front we don't think five days will be enough. the courts idea of five days is a punishment to the defense.

HHJP: let me stop you right there. if it takes more than five days, we won't stop. there is sunday and monday and tuesday. whatever days it takes. if we are unsuccessful...because this is what is going to happen. when we get in monday morning there will be some press in that area. not as much as you seen here because of certain limitations. if you look at the venue stat you can try to see IF you can get a jury somewhere else IE a proper venue. matter fact most cases say you attempt go get one in that place first before you seek to change it.

since the jury will be sequestered bring them someplace else and bring them back. you are saying we should go someplace else, I wrestle with after that first attempt if it fails and I don't necessarily think it will fail, can we go somewhere else?

JB: i think the Jury selection process, we have done to our best efforts to seat a jury but if there are objections we have that we feel are of merit we must do them and your honor must be aware of that. if the media is the culpret in keeping us from seating a fair jury, must stop media.

HHJP: we don't live in egypt, libya, uh, there is a thing called the first amendment. whether we like it or not it is in the constitution. I don't know how I could tell the broadcast media they cannot cover or report.

JB: that's not what I was saying. (laughing) lets consider turning off cameras during trial.

HHJP: mr. Baez. Florida supreme court turned on the cameras in the court room have you heard of any report where they have turned them off?

JB: in this Casey against Casey it could be the first.

HHJP: it would not take the media long to have a 48 hour and have that turned around.

Baez wants to turn off the cameras in the courtroom.

Baez doesn't want to look bad on national tv?

How dare jb complain about the media....

OMG... JB is really arguing about the media, and how the cameras may need to be turned off. :eek:

HE really, REALLY has alot of nerve!

I am STUNNED about "Baez" complaining about the media coverage. Unbelievable. Now he wants the judge to legislate from the bench and take cameras OUT of the courtroom?? He has to be disbarred when this is all over

Well Baez

Then maybe you should STAY OFF OF 48 HOURS you <unusual person>!!!!!

HHJP talking about picking the jury - the location - how the press will be present.

JB says they should go someplace else to pick a jury. (don't know what location they are talking about)

JB saying jury selection will be the most important aspect of this case. Restrictions /limitations on the media should be imployed.

HHJP saying we don't live in Egypt/Libyia and there is the 1st Amendment, HHJP could not legally tell the media they can't cover/report on this.

JB: An alternative is turning off cameras in the courtroom.

HHJP: Mr Baaeezzz, FLA constitution turned the cameras on, have you ever heard off a trial that got them turned off?

JB: KC Anthony could be the first one.

Can I barf now.....princess wants special privledges. :sick:

moo

Whoa - did HHJP just throw some snark at 48 hours... subliminally or otherwise

Hah hah hah Baez is suggesting they turn off the cameras in the courthouse. JB: we have to do something to be sure her rights are not violated"

Baez just hates the media coverage, doesn't he,except just be sure you tune into his appearance on CBS this Saturday night, right?

When JB said 'the child' had he been in front of me, I honestly could have done him physical harm. Thank you Jeff Ashton for respecting the victim by using her name and not referring to her as merely the child.

To be fair, Baez also said Caylee's full name after HJBP asked about "the child" (His Honor said "the child" before Baez did) in the photo. I think even JB realized how awful "the child" sounds.

I need a drink-JB wants the cameras off in the courtroom? I'm glad Your Honour said he can't turn them off, and has never done so before.

JB - well maybe this will be your first time!!

Did HHJP just say "48 HOUR" repeal, as if to state that 48 hours like biazes show tomorrow night?

:great: :great: :woohoo: :woohoo:

You have got to just love Judge Perry ...

Baez is trying to punish us "bloggers". What difference will it make at trial?

I don't understand what Baez is asking. Is he asking not to have camers in the courtroom during the trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand