2011.04.15 Hearing Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what, if anything, happened today. I think they went en camera and the Judge must have revealed the location? I don't even know what happened during the hearing. All very, very confusing today. Or maybe it is just me.

JB now asking exactly how this Jury is going to be summoned- HHJP says just like every other Jury in the State of Fla- that is randomly by Drivers license records. JB wants to ask more but HHJP states this is approved by the Florida Supreme court, JB has obviously been around a Jury Consultant, (!)tries to ask more questions but HHJP is getting vehement, not going to tell anyone the location or everyone will know..

why am i getting the feeling Baez is stalling or does not want to go to trial?? he is finding or making excuses for seating a jury ANYWHERE and ANYTIME

He's talking about upstairs in the courthouse--they are having the trial in a different room.

OK folks, time to start heading on over to the Sidebar! I hear there's a new buffet over there today. :innocent:

SO did Baez win at seating that will keep her face out of the cameras?
Wow it is that bad that they reallly don't think she will fair well on tv? But doesn't matter the jury will see her.

its my understanding that the jury will be picked at the special location and brought back to Orange County to be sequestered for the actual Trial. i dont believe that they will actually hold the trial elsewhere.

I think "up there" means upstairs in the other courtroom to be used for the trial.

OKaaaaaayyy...so evidently from what HHJP is saying regarding "go up there and take a look at the technology" they all know where they are going now????

I think "up there" refers to the courtroom where the trial will take place...seems some improvements have been made to the technology, ie. audio, etc. and the room is on a higher floor than the one they are in today...therefore: Up There.

ATTENTION

I just got off the phone with Tricia. She is contacting our IT admin as I type this.

She asked me to reassure everyone that they are going to rectify the server issues as soon as possible. She offers her sincere apology for the problems today, but is glad we are aware of this now before the trial begins so that she can take care of it. She appreciates your patience and said not to worry. Things will be ready for trial.

OKaaaaaayyy...so evidently from what HHJP is saying regarding "go up there and take a look at the technology" they all know where they are going now????

He is talking about the bigger courtroom they will be using in the Orange County courthouse once the actual trial starts.

I believe he is talking about the hi tech courtroom on the 9th floor of the Orange County Courthouse. He has mentioned it before.

SO did Baez win at seating that will keep her face out of the cameras?
Wow it is that bad that they reallly don't think she will fair well on tv? But doesn't matter the jury will see her.

I guess I misunderstood that. I thought that their argument was that the camera and the people sitting behind them could see what was on their computer screens, so they wanted their backs to the WALL, not their backs to the CAMERA. ?

Sorry if this has been mentioned. This slow server is driving me crazy. I found this tweet on Channel 13 news feed about the exchange between CM and JA where LDB grabbed JA;'s arm.
CFNews13Casey: Cheney jokingly says that Linda Burdick will be told of location and not Ashton. Ashton got mad and said "excuse me!" sternly

I think they're moving to a different court room for the trial.

SO did Baez win at seating that will keep her face out of the cameras?Wow it is that bad that they reallly don't think she will fair well on tv? But doesn't matter the jury will see her.

Bold mine.

No, the defense will have their backs to the wall...they just didn't want the camera catching a too close of a look at papers and computers at their table...the camera will still be able to see KC's "lovely face."

ATTENTION

I just got off the phone with Tricia. She is contacting our IT admin as I type this.

She asked me to reassure everyone that they are going to rectify the server issues as soon as possible. She offers her sincere apology for the problems today, but is glad we are aware of this now before the trial begins so that she can take care of it. She appreciates your patience and said not to worry. Things will be ready for trial.

Good to know Beach! Thanks :)

I missed his comment. Please tell me more.......

The comment was not about the 48hrs program.
JB was in the middle of whining about not knowing the location for Jury selection, asking for all media to be excluded, asking for cameras to be turned off... when he started trying to teach HHJP about the Constitution....(!)
HHJP told him that we didn't live in Egypt or Libya, there was a little matter of the First Amendment to consider, and any decision to do as JB requested would be overturned within 48hrs.

From what I remember of the courtroom, we will still be able to see Casey's face. The Defense table will be where their backs are against the wall (literally, LOL!), but a camera angle can still get them.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member