2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it must be difficult for JA as well, because even though none of us know her personally, many have decided she is a deceitful liar, some possibly think murder, and she has to get on camera and describe what she did. And if she really just wanted to help her friend, and her actions have created an opposite perspective to some, than she must feel devastated and embarassed and under a lot of stress and scrutiny as well. Regardless of the painting plans, we do not know for sure JA saw NC on that Saturday morning, but we know BC did. And that is a fact, not an opinion.

I agree 100% and will add, JA shows what happens to people in a trial by the opposing side. No one is perfect and it is easy to be critical of others. It is wrong IMO. She is dealing with a great loss too. I only hope my friends will react as quickly as she did if anything ever happens to me or my loved ones. She was a dear friend to Nancy.

I DID NOT SAY HE DID IT, THOUGH THAT MAY BE MY OPINION.

Please do not twist my words. What I said, is regardless of what side of the fence you are on, BDI or BDDI, it is a fact BC was the last one we know FOR SURE saw her alive. Unless there was an eye witness who knew her personally, and saw her running, and stopped to chat, we do not know that she was seen after she went home on Friday night. Some of us think she went home, and BC killed her. Fact: he would have been the last person to see her alive. Some of us think she went on a run, and was murdered by someone else. FACT: BC was the last person to see or know of her alive, depending on which version of his story you believe...(remember in one he heard her leave, and in another, he saw her.) There is no opinion in that. It is a FACT. BC was the last person to see her alive.

I edited my post as soon as I re-read what you wrote to correct that, go back and look.

I didn't get to hear anything today - so I have no idea what the jury asked for. Some photos is all I can gather. All I can surmise is that they are truly deliberating, which is good.

They asked for a few things..

1) photos of nancy...upper and lower back (likely to see the sports bra)
2) 3 photos of the master bath
3) lots of phone records...3 of Brad's and 1 of NC
4) Brads deposition
5) the call dispatch for the fire dept??
6) Karen Harpers Field notes (not sure of the name)
7) Receipts from BJ's and HT's

I think that was it!!

Just the discussion threads - and those topics are interspersed throughout due to the significance. You'll have to weed through the 1,000+ posts/day ;)
Thanks for responding, I appreciate that. It is too bad that we cannot revisit each item and see it all laid out for analysis and review. c'est la vie

I didn't get to hear anything today - so I have no idea what the jury asked for. Some photos is all I can gather. All I can surmise is that they are truly deliberating, which is good.

I heard phone records but then I wasn't sure if maybe the number requested was wrong.

I heard the two defense exhibits were the customer rewards records. That was most interesting to me. It may have been discussed and I missed it. (I came home to page 22 and I skipped to the end.) I could only think of one reason they were interested in that exhibit and it wasn't to count how many times the Coopers bought Tide as opposed to All. MOO

Maybe she is aware of the assumptions people are making about her and the things they are saying about her. Perhaps she is sick at the loss of her friend and how this trial has destroyed her reputation. It is a good possibility this trail and the publicity has invaded her life and changed her and not in a good way. Personally, I have a lot of admiration for someone who steps up and makes that phone call to the police.
I agree. She was the most receptive and friendliness to speak to when this starting unfolding. Very attractive...its sad it has taken a toll on her. For one of her other friends, I rather not say what kind of attitude she had.

So, JA is enemy #1. Really....seriously?? She's creepy. A liar. Looks like carp.

Exactly how I describe Bradley!! Oh, and I think he's a killer.

I think that's where the confusion came in. In Brad's words he claimed that GM had a 3825 from him. It was cleared up later that it was a server that GM had from Brad's lab.
Apologies, but I'm not following the importance of this whole debate. If the Windows event log of his laptop showed a duplicate address error and the MAC address reported was that of some/any 3825, that means that he had that 3825 in his house at the time of the event (assuming that the laptop was in the house).

So why does it really matter who ordered it or who borrowed it from whom? If the event occurred, it means that he had the router collocated with his laptop at the time of the event. Based on my understanding, the router was not there on 7/16 when photos were taken. So, again, if the error was in the event log and if it was the address of a 3825, then he for some reason felt the need to do something with the router either while his wife was missing or in the aftermath of her body being found. Curious sense of priorities.

But in any event, I don't see how/why it matters where the router is now.

I heard phone records but then I wasn't sure if maybe the number requested was wrong.

I heard the two defense exhibits were the customer rewards records. That was most interesting to me. It may have been discussed and I missed it. (I came home to page 22 and I skipped to the end.) I could only think of one reason they were interested in that exhibit and it wasn't to count how many times the Coopers bought Tide as opposed to All. MOO

You're right--they requested phone records for BC and NC for July 11 and 12. And BC for a few weeks after NC's death.

What did you think the reason for the customer records would have been (both HT and BJs were requested) if not to count detergent? I know the point of introducing the HT by the defense was to point out purchase of milk in the middle of the night twice.

No. It was all answered right there in the chat. Brad misstated what GM had at home. He had taken something home but it wasn't a 3825 router.

I have a hard time believing that. I don't think BC mistated, and BC never corrected himself in that chat. The U server was a different item, and GM first said it was in the lab then changed to its at his home. Why would BC specifically say that with a smiley as if to indicate it was a no-no to do so. I don't think either of them were supposed to have that router at their homes.

And it must be difficult for JA as well, because even though none of us know her personally, many have decided she is a deceitful liar, some possibly think murder, and she has to get on camera and describe what she did. And if she really just wanted to help her friend, and her actions have created an opposite perspective to some, than she must feel devastated and embarassed and under a lot of stress and scrutiny as well. Regardless of the painting plans, we do not know for sure JA saw NC on that Saturday morning, but we know BC did. And that is a fact, not an opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

I think its more a case of individuals convinced of his guilt but unsure of a conviction taking it upon themselves to 'help' ensure a conviction. No conspiracy is necessary to believe evidence was tampered with.

LEOs do it...some once in their life, some never, some on a regular basis. That's reality whther you believe it or not. That's why there is legislation in the state house aimed at insulting SAs from police misconduct/tampering.

I guess the 'friends' coordination/filtering would qualify as a conspiracy in the technical sense, so if you believe MH was asked not to speak directly to police and/or that those affidavits were written with "consistency is good" in mind and/or folks who refused to provide negative info on BC were ostracized and/or pics of NC but only with the necklace email was circulated...if you believe any or all of those things of which some are testimony/evidence, then you technically believe in at least once conspiracy.

Perhaps, but I also saw MH do a whole lot of back-tracking and evading answering questions on the stand.

Did you use NC's phone?

I would never use her phone without her permission...

What? It is either yes/ or no. But we see he was interviewed several times to see if he was an alibi for BC. So everything he says is CYA as well. Would he exaggerate a story about JA to clear his own name. Yeah, I think so, especially when she seems to be a dramatic and controlling personality.

IMO, I don't think he had anything to do with it at all. But I certainly think he had a tremendous amount at stake in protecting himself. And if he in fact didn't think BC had anything to do with it, then why was he so worried? Maybe bc somewhere, he thought, maybe he did do it, and I am somehow in the middle of this, and I have no clue! I don't want to be involved! If he did it, they need to know that I had ABSOLUTELY NO FOREWARNING THAT HE MIGHT BE CAPABLE SO I COULD PROVIDE AN ALIBI FOR MY FRIEND. It would make sense that you could be equally as skeptical of him and his wige's testimony, bc in the end, they just wanted to protect themselves, as it sounds like a lot of people wanted to do in this case.

You're right--they requested phone records for BC and NC for July 11 and 12. And BC for a few weeks after NC's death.

What did you think the reason for the customer records would have been (both HT and BJs were requested) if not to count detergent? I know the point of introducing the HT by the defense was to point out purchase of milk in the middle of the night twice.

Not sure about the purchase of milk twice?? Speculation they wanted to check if Green Juice is often purchased. I also wondered if they could determine if some laundry detergent had been recently purchased and did they really need more.
Also "and BC a few weeks after NC's death". They requested the August 8'th copy of Brad's July bill...there was some confusion around this originally as it was thought they wanted the records from Aug. 8'th.

So by your reasoning, BC is guilty of obstruction of justice as well? I would say his obstruction of justice holds more weight, IMO, because he was the last person we DEFINITELY know who saw her alive.

How did he obstruct justice? I think he is innocent, I don't think he killed her. We know JA lead the police astray in the investigation.

I agree 100% and will add, JA shows what happens to people in a trial by the opposing side. No one is perfect and it is easy to be critical of others. It is wrong IMO. She is dealing with a great loss too. I only hope my friends will react as quickly as she did if anything ever happens to me or my loved ones. She was a dear friend to Nancy.

Was she really? Because when you take a step back and really look at the situation it seems a lot more like she was just outside the circle (remember hearing that phrase?) trying to break her way in.

She wasn't called a liar until long after her testimony. Many things surfaced throughout the trial that contradict her story. There are a lot of questionable things that I can't simply give her the benefit of the doubt like you can.

I never said i gave her the benefit of the doubt. I said she was under scrutiny for inconsistincies, like BC is and she must be under stress as well. But there is one thing we do know: she was trying to help find NC while someone else was trying to protect themselves. If JA was trying to protect herself, because she did something suspect, then she would have done as BC did and not call the police, not stand in NC's driveway, not search for her friend, or not make a lot of generalizations from emotion, understanding they would be used against her.

She believed what she believed. And whether or not you agree with her, you have to hold her to the same standard as BC.

Not sure about the purchase of milk twice?? Speculation they wanted to check if Green Juice is often purchased. I also wondered if they could determine if some laundry detergent had been recently purchased.

The milk in the middle of the night came out through the PI McGough's testimony. Once was just milk, the other was milk and green juice at like 2am.

I think they probably do want to take a peak back at the green juice. And I think it was brought out in trial that the last laundry detergent purchase was ~7 weeks prior--but that is a good point that they would want to verify that.

I agree, you can see where BC has been repeatedly picking at his face. And those dark circles/bags under his eyes don't help either.

Do you think being locked away for 2.5 years in a jail cell, with jail food, little sun may have something to do with how he looks? Especially if he is innocent. I don't think JA has been enduring those conditions.

I can't recall who that is right now. Can you remember the case?

I realized I had jumbled things together when the SBI blood lab became a top story. The other blood expert in the Mike Peterson trial I was trying to remember was Saami Shaibani, but he was disqualified for perjury concerning his credentials which all happened during the trial during his testimony.

While seeing what SS was doing now, I noticed one of Declan's columns about a Wisconsin case involving SS where he State delayed until the last day before trial before providing copies of the disks seized nearly three years prior. Delaying access to phone/computer/network is becoming the norm it seems; so is using the FBI as a cut-out.

http://news.cnet.com/Police-blotter-Computer-logs-as-alibi-in-wifes-death/2100-1030_3-6167028.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay