2011.05.09 - Jury Selection Day One

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#60 1024 woman

hardship - self employed, no jury duty pay, software consultant, out of state mostly (9 out of 12 months last year), husband is also software consultant - he cannot cover, customers would be unsupported and projects would stop - at least one would leave

excused for cause

1266: hardship? yes it would. it is my job. I am the only one at my job who does my job. clinical trials. if I am not there the subjects can't be seen and our company does not make money.

HHJP: what would happen to the clientel?

I'm the main one that is there full time. If I wasn't there, there would not be seen during the specific times when they need to be seen.

HHJP: a medical necessity?

side effect to make sure they are not associated with the drug.

HHJP: excused.

Let us all calm ourselves. This is Day One my peeps. What questions don't get cleared up here will be thoroughly hashed out in the Sidebar afterwards. Don't get disgruntled at one another. In fact let's all practice being gruntled together right now... :grouphug:

The usual whiteangora - someone asks a question - no one answers it and it then takes off as being something else. I have answered this question three times saying no - State did not offer a plea deal - it is a standard court question before jury selection.....:great:
Bold and colour by me.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion, and we can all get on the same page.

Thanks, Logicalgirl!

I know that is my point. I thought we would lose most during that part not the this first round.

With this economy? Plus most employers don't pay for more than a weeks jury duty. Most people aren't going to give up their personal holidays for this, at least I wouldn't

They want to know exactly what happened I imagine.

Also no case is 100% watertight least of all this. Added to the mix is the wildcard of the jury and the witnesses performance.

Also ( I do not know if this figures in the SA reasoning) but to put this to a jury will be hard on the Jurors both emotionally and financially. Apparrently, half of the Scott Peterson Jurors are on antidepressents and in counselling.

A plea (but we do not know to what) would be looked upon favourably by the Prosecution. However, I cannot see ICA pleading to anything that doesn't give her a shot of being released.

However, if the Prosecution offered ICA a chance at a 20 to 30 year sentence the DT need to have their necks ringed for not reccomending this to ICA in very strong terms.

Please people!!! The State did NOT make a plea offer - it was a quick standard PROCEDURAL question asked by HHJP. Honest!

We really don't need to go sideways with this one - Mods - help!!

Thank you uklaw - you just phased it exactly in your most recent post! !!

1230: hardship? yes. work only pays for five days away. works for a property management co.

HHJP: what would happen to you financially if you were not paid for the remaining seven weeks?

would not be able to pay bills.

HHJP: you would lose your auto...even if not that your insurance...what about, you said you would not be able to pay your...

rent.

HHJP: step outside. excused.

It took almost 3 months to select a jury of 12 & 6 alternates for the Scott Peterson trial. 3 MONTHS!!

#61 1266 woman

hardship - job only person (doctor that does clinical trial) that does that job,

excused for cause (patient care)

Pharmaceutical company running the trial would have scrambled to replace that physician on the trial - they have plenty of money and doctors itching to run trials...loss right there..

The usual whiteangora - someone asks a question - no one answers it and it then takes off as being something else. I have answered this question three times saying no - State did not offer a plea deal - it is a standard court question before jury selection.....:great:

I know you did lg, just for the record, one more time.
There was NO plea deal.:blowkiss:

I have baby sat two neighbors animals while they went on vacations and such. I never thought about charging or making a job out of it. hummm I only did it because I love animals. lol

I am doing that right now for my neighbor and would NEVER DREAM of charging him. I love his little mutt. :)

I would like to may a little comment especially for those who post here and are local yokels......IF by chance you got by the financial burden, and IF you passed the questionaire, and questioning..Would any of you really want your history of postings aired on cross exam??..The reason I ask is after the Nancy Cooper trial, you have to know whatever you have posted in the past on Facebook or twitter, or Websleuth..or Insession or any blog for that matter will get exposed....Rather embarrassing to say the least in showing biases one way or the other....

I cant recall how many times Websleuth got a "Shout Out" in that trial :couch::eek:nline::whistle::floorlaugh:

Even 2 witnesses right LyndyLoo! :woohoo:

1107: Hardship? it would. it would be personal. his mother has cancer. he would feel uncomfortable devoting months to this trial.

HHJP: would you be able to serve? is there a prognosis for your mom at this time?

a waiting game for the end at this time.

HHJP: excused.

:countsheep:
Totally zoned out, anyone got the count of how many have been kept? Seems like we are on a kick of excusing everyone right now. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member