2011.05.09 - Jury Selection Day One

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who the blondish (short haired - not LDB) lady is, sitting next to Mr. George? I don't think I've seen her before. :waitasec:

#58 1427 male

hardship sole proprieter, locksmith, no employees, no income for 2 months could not pay mortgage

excused for cause

I bet Casey is sooooo mad that none of these people will put their lives on hold for HER.

This is what she is hoping for. A tough to find jury (because she is special) and then a hung jury.

Really? What was the situation? I would love to know. That is unusual for the state to have objected going by past trial
I believe it was the woman who worked and picked her daughter up after school. She had a husband but he was not available to pick her up as he works until eight pm. IIRC, she was the one who ran the HSN (Home Shopping Network) website.

When I was on JD, they had us (45-50) all in a room, asked if it would be a hardship, it would last 2-3 weeks, told us to raise our hands if so. Those that raised our hands were the only ones questioned about that hardship, one at a time. There were lots who didn't raise their hands. Maybe this is what we are seeing? Only those who said it would be a hardship?

No the State did not provide details of that question. One of our "know mores" said this is a routine question the Judge asks at the beginning of these proceedings. It was a quick question and just as quickly was declined.

In listening to it, it was nothing more than a formality. At least that is the way I heard it.

really?!!!??

wow interesting - why is the state offering deals?

They want to know exactly what happened I imagine.

Also no case is 100% watertight least of all this. Added to the mix is the wildcard of the jury and the witnesses performance.

Also ( I do not know if this figures in the SA reasoning) but to put this to a jury will be hard on the Jurors both emotionally and financially. Apparrently, half of the Scott Peterson Jurors are on antidepressents and in counselling.

A plea (but we do not know to what) would be looked upon favourably by the Prosecution. However, I cannot see ICA pleading to anything that doesn't give her a shot of being released.

However, if the Prosecution offered ICA a chance at a 20 to 30 year sentence the DT need to have their necks ringed for not reccomending this to ICA in very strong terms.

really?!!!??

wow interesting - why is the state offering deals?

I don't believe they are. IIRC it was a standard question the Judge asked Casey prior to the jury selection process. Perhaps required for DP cases, maybe.

#59 1086 woman

hardship 10 yo daughter only caretaker, not paid for jury duty

excused for cause

This is just for hardship cases. They want to waive all these people first. The ones who make it passed that, come back for voir dire.

I know that is my point. I thought we would lose most during that part not the this first round.

Well then, why is this being referred to as a plea deal when it was not. The thread is getting all cluttered up with misinformation, imo.

The usual whiteangora - someone asks a question - no one answers it and it then takes off as being something else. I have answered this question three times saying no - State did not offer a plea deal - it is a standard court question before jury selection.....:great:

1024: hardship? yes. self employed. no jury duty policy. I work out of state for my clients. software consulting.

HHJP: how many days a month are you out of state?

nine months of the 12 months out of state.

HHJP: software. that is a business you and your husband share. is your husband also consulting or at home or the office?

somewhere else.

HHJP: the reason I ask, can he cover for you?

no he cannot cover for me.

HHJP: if you were selected what would happen to your customers?

projects would have to come to a stop. their projects depend on the support. they would be off scheduals.

HHJP: would they hire someone else if you were unable to support them?

one client would have to.

HHJP: excused.

I have baby sat two neighbors animals while they went on vacations and such. I never thought about charging or making a job out of it. hummm I only did it because I love animals. lol

When I was on JD, they had us (45-50) all in a room, asked if it would be a hardship, it would last 2-3 weeks, told us to raise our hands if so. Those that raised our hands were the only ones questioned about that hardship, one at a time. There were lots who didn't raise their hands. Maybe this is what we are seeing? Only those who said it would be a hardship?

Unless they changed it, JP mentioned early on that he was going to ask everyone individually. A plan to go through 65 today and the rest tomorrow.

No the State did not provide details of that question. One of our "know mores" said this is a routine question the Judge asks at the beginning of these proceedings. It was a quick question and just as quickly was declined.

Are you sure that HHJP was just checking with ICA that she wanted to maintain her plea of Not Guilty?

That is different to the state offering a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member