2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is a bad thing. Just surprised that so many potential jurors are employed as pet sitters and groomers.

There is a large population of retired folks in the Clearwater area. Additionally.....there are many many condos.

Lot's of folks make great money walking pets for older folks or people that work all day and can't get home.

In my grandmother's condo there were at least 10 people that were coming in and out on a regular basis to walk pets and take care of animals so that the owners wouldn't have to board them at the kennel.

I live in an area where there are 3 very busy pet sitters in my zip code alone. I see two of them in my neighborhood daily.

I liked the female potential juror who stated that although she has a very supportive family she is the mother of the 2 year old. <parapharsed>

I think Casey's female guard looks like she could be B.J. Dunn's sister! :eek:

I liked the female potential juror who stated that although she has a very supportive family she is the mother of the 2 year old. <parapharsed>
I really think some of them were getting their digs in.

Interesting, uk. What can you tell us about the Daily Mail? Is it a respected news source in the UK?

I wouldn't call it respectable lol. From what I understand, Tabloids are slightly more respectable than they are in the US or at least some are (i.e. there is a wider range from "trash"/national enquirer type tabloids to some that are semi-respectable),

IMO: The Daily Mail is at the "respectable" end of the tabloid spectrum and is generally seen as the "tough on crime" paper for the "working" and "middle" classes.

Looking at IS footage again,of ICA crying and noticed no comforting pats on the arm or the back.No concerned looks or even eye contact as she cries. Bet she misses Andrea Lyon.

So we have the guard sitting just behind ICA watching her like a hawk.
She's in a different jail and dealing with new guards. The one in court did not look ,ummm,friendly? kindly? motherly?..........No,she looked like she takes her job of watching an alleged baby killer very seriously.
She didn't even have her mom there today. She may act like she doesn't care,but today she was very alone.
HHJP was pretty tough on JB this morning,also. "Your times up"

Welcome to reality ,Casey Anthony ! It must $#(% to be you.

There is a large population of retired folks in the Clearwater area. Additionally.....there are many many condos.

Lot's of folks make great money walking pets for older folks or people that work all day and can't get home.

In my grandmother's condo there were at least 10 people that were coming in and out on a regular basis to walk pets and take care of animals so that the owners wouldn't have to board them at the kennel.

I live in an area where there are 3 very busy pet sitters in my zip code alone. I see two of them in my neighborhood daily.

Very big in Charleston,also. Doggie Daycares seem to be sprouting up left and right,also. Even in hard economic times,dogs rule :crazy:
I have to say,it was unexpected to hear the woman claim hardship because her dog needed 2 injections a day. I'm guessing diabetes ,but it's just not an excuse you hear about often :waitasec: or at all.:crazy:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone - I was working today so could only occasionally look at this site and try to catch up with what was happening. It does seem like reality is starting to sink in.

Tink

Very big in Charleston,also. Doggie Daycares seem to be sprouting up left and right,also. Even in hard economic times,dogs rule :crazy:
I have to say,it was unexpected to hear the woman claim hardship because her dog needed 2 injections a day. I'm guessing diabetes ,but it's just not an excuse you hear about often :waitasec: or at all.:crazy:

I've had to use that reason turning down out-of-town work trips in the past ... & yep, it was a diabetic cat

Brad Conway on HLN saying ICA will testify, she has nothing to loose. Whoa!

Brad Conway just told JVM that he thinks Casey will be taking the stand before it's all over........

One of the many highlights for me was the whole back and forth with informing the pot. jurors that they would not be on camera. JB seemed more concerned about it then the jurors or HHJP.

I really, really like HHJP.

She really doesn't have anything to lose... I also could see a plea before this is done to save her from the death penalty.

What was the juror number that thought she was guilty?
There were a couple of them right? (I started listening around 1pm so I probably missed a lot) but when I did start listening, a younger sounding male said he had already formed an opinion & feels she's guilty. Did you notice how hard it was for him to say that! I would have felt the same way (I'm sure it was surreal) & she kind of sat there glaring at them.

eta: Mamabear, I love your ava!

One of the many highlights for me was the whole back and forth with informing the pot. jurors that they would not be on camera. JB seemed more concerned about it then the jurors or HHJP.

I really, really like HHJP.

bbm

I keep seeing this, and all I see is "POT Jurors"

:giggle:

Jane VM was harder on Casey today than usual. I know JVM is good friends with Baez so she usually kind of sides with the defense. But today she slammed Casey hard. Talked about her being a pathological liar, who partied while her child was missing, and got the ' beautiful life' tatto, never notified cops her baby was missing. " How is her attorney going to explain that?"

Please No... that will be an absolute nightmare.

Some Defendant's can harm their case by testifying regardless of whether they are guilty or innocent.

IMO Casey Anthony falls squarely into this bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67