2011.05.10 - Jury Selection Day Two

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just you watch. After they read here tonight, ICA will come in tomorrow with some elaborate Princess-Leia-buns-on-the-sides-of-the-head hairdo to cover up those Spock-like ears! They wouldn't want us idiot bloggers to decode their "strategery" by reading her ear-signs! :great::floorlaugh::great:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: This is the first time that I have actually "belly laughed" in a long time..............thanks!

A 15 yr old "honor" student left alone with his "immature" 29 yr old brother for 2 months is a BIG joke? A GOOD thing even? Maybe I'm just not getting it CM!

eta..forget the pool, the kid may not be the SAME when mom gets back.

I hope she informs the local LE to do drive bys of her house.

What 29 year old says AWESOME.....about getting to go stay at mom's for 8 weeks?

I thought it was the 15 yr old that said that. Know my son would love it!!!

Well, thinking back to when my 25 year old son was at home...I VERY much understand that! I still hear stories of a party that happened when I went off for a weekend.
Oh I hear you, I called LE on my brother once when our house was arocking, Mom had gone away for the weekend.

Oh oh - a plastic keyboard cover is on the essential list for necessary equipment needed for ICA's trial coverage.

Whew. Talk about an instant heart attack. But things seem to be working ok.

Uh oh. This guy is predisposed to prosecution side.

Wow--wants to be far away from violence and crime after growing up in Colombia! Take that, KC.

I thought this was a public hearing... I think the mics should be turned on and the attorneys use some self control. jmo

Yes proceedings are public and the public should be entitled to hear the public proceedings.

The Problem is the Defense - and indeed the Prosecution - are entitled to confer in confidence with one another.

There is a balance

Sounds like he is talking about the Columbian cartels in the 80's and 90's. Caused massive amounts of violence in Florida during that time. There was a Times article written about Miami called "Paradise Lost." It was a very hard time because of all the violence. I sympathize with him.

I swear she said she mentioned it to her older son when discussing him having to come babysit his brother and that he said AWESOME. She was trying to give a picture of him as immature.

I could be wrong.

Yes proceedings are public and the public should be entitled to hear the public proceedings.

The Problem is the Defense - and indeed the Prosecution - are entitled to confer in confidence with one another.

There is a balance

Gee where's Judith Mercier to file a motion to keep the proceeding microphones open??

She'll file one to get advance notice of jury location...this would be a SLAM dunk for her.

Anyone got her number??

Juror # 1305
Male
Yes hardship - not good for this, crime in life, losing brother, came to usa from Columbia - wanted to be away from all that - not sure English good enough to understand every detail
HHJP: can you be fair
Juror: doesn't think he would be good for this
Excused

What 15 yr old wouldn't? That's the problem & I'll be very surprised if JP allows his Mom to leave this 15 yr old kid without her supervision for at least 8 weeks..What IF something bad were to happen? Who would be to blame?

This one really bothers me as you can see. lol

Seriously, I think JP should've 'over-ruled' & dismissed her right then.

What 15 yr old wouldn't? That's the problem & I'll be very surprised if JP allows his Mom to leave this 15 yr old kid without her supervision for at least 8 weeks..What IF something bad were to happen? Who would really be to blame?
It would have been a big - HUGE - mistake for either of my parents to leave me alone for weeks at a time when I was 15, lol. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela