2011.05.10 - Jury Selection Day Two

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge is asking if jurors in room earlier this morning mentioned #CaseyAnthony... A dozen raised their hands. #CaseyAnthonyby CFNews13Casey via twitter at 2:02 PM

Well, now all other potential jurors will know exactly how to get out of serving on this jury.

Judge says they are anywhere from a half day to 3 days behind. They will go into Saturday and Monday. But he needs to check w/ Pinellas Co.

According to wesh

JA just cut himself off in midstream, he looked like he was about to "keep it real" with JB and stopped himself in time!

Lady attorney on IS said that all JB had to do was make one phone call to the FBI to get information he needed. She then said he had got the info in 5m minutes so why is all this stalling and whining still going on?

OT: HA HA Everytime my husband and I go out for Asian food and the fortune cookie comes, DH breaks cookie and reads loudly . . . "I peed in your rice!" (just to get a reaction from anyone who can hear him).

OMG too funny !!!!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm seriously wondering if they will EVER find an unbiased jury in Florida?!!!

A juror can be biased (let's face it - it's on the news and the news is inherently biased - right or wrong) as long as they are willing and able to put aside their bias and deliberate ONLY on the evidence that is presented at trial. Obviously they don't want someone who has followed the case or knows too many details.

Not easily done, but it can be done.

As HHJP said, they can't expect to get jurors that are deaf, blind and mute, because the case is so prominent, but that they get jurors that do not have an opinion formed in stone and feel that they can listen to the evidence and go by that.

Did anyone else catch the smirk on JB's face when JP said the prospective jurors where talking about the case while waiting?

Yep, sure did. He got waaaaay too much satisfaction out of that IMO.

From http://www.facebook.com/orlandosentinel

Orlando Sentinel
BREAKING NEWS: Judge Belvin Perry dismisses a group of 50 jurors after they admit to talking about the case with other jurors. He will call in 50 new people tomorrow. Details to come.

I haven't been watching all of this but have heard some of it. I totally think these potential jurors do not want to be a part of this case with the excuses they've been giving. I bet they did it on purpose. JMO

Jose: if it is a matter of contacting ms. wolf. we may have issues with the court having juristiction on which witnesses testify and if they comply with our rules.

JB now saying state relying on study that is FBI's proprietary study - only if the FBI turns over that study will he be satisfied.

JB: issue 90.705 disclosure of facts expert opinion - what looking at here, State is trying to hide the ball - study dr relying on, and FBi will give it to me I will call FBI - think they will turn info to State and not Defense - FBI policy not talk to defense lawyers - point is, this is evidence put forth by state and rules that they turn it over to us - I think we may have issues with court having jurisdiction whether any witness testifies

Did anyone else catch the smirk on JB's face when JP said the prospective jurors where talking about the case while waiting?

YES! I did! He couldnt contain his happiness! He got a potential DELAY!
:banghead:

HHJP now going to explain rules of discovery AGAIN to JB.

HHJP: discovery rules never designed to eliminate investigation by state or defense

Judge looked distraught. What a sad day today.

I cannot take JB's whining and manipulating. I will have to read here to know what happens in trial, and I am sure I will miss some shocking moments given what we have been seeing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13