2011.05.10 - Jury Selection Day Two

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if I cross examine a dr. I have his file, I have emails I have journals and articles he relied on. I was not given those docs by the fbi, I couldn't look at them...I only had a hour and a half and couldn't make notes. there is no reason for us not to have this.

HHJP: response

JA: this info is not in the hands of the state of fl. the fbi has this, I continue to rise and defend the fbi because it has gone above and beyond in trying to give the defense what they need. to determine whether human hair exposed can show decomp...etc. thusfar they have not seen what the expert trained in the area would call post mortum hair banding...the fbi offered to send the information to the field office so that it is still with the fbi. they will let her look at anything she wants...

600 of the 700 photos are of the hair before anything was done to it. mr potrancko who has not been listed wants to look at that and if he wants to testify bring him on and we will cross. the fbi has done all they can do...

OMG, did he just reference Petranco? The expert the DT is no longer using? ROFL!

WHOAH!!! I went away to try and get some work done for like an hour and now this!

Update please:
1.) What happened with the Juror who was a potential witness? How on earth did she get in? What happened to rectify her blabbing?

2.) When did the new Frye issue come up? I take it a few minutes ago?

June 16 - 27 is NOT 9 days. It is 11. Color me confused. :waitasec:

He is bad at math - but note that June 16th - to June 24th (gas can return date and altercation with GA) is 8 days - following day the 25th is the day I think Caylee was dumped which is the 9th day.

Lol. Judge asking if this is "on going research."

Simms: I believe it is.

Smack down coming!

You can't hold every trial until all research on all scientific issues is completed!
Get real, defense. Bring it up at appeal.

So, the skinny on this study is that it's an ongoing study, not even PUBLISHED yet. OMG. Sims finally admits it with HHJP pushing her, that she knows it is ongoing.

I feel a denied coming on...

why is something that is "ongoing research" even allowed to be discussed in court?

JA: I did ask on the defense's behalf, if they could send it to the field office in new jersey...they couldn't. they are being fair...I don't believe a motion to compel is not taken and you can't make the state produce something they do not have access to.

HHJP: would you agree this is on going research by the fbi.

DSimms: I thought this was to be done for the month of may. the material that has been gathered is exculpatory whether the fbi is done with it or not.

HHJP: is this an ongoing research project?

at this time yes.

HHJP: you are saying is blue they are saying something is grey. if it is an ongoing project I can't say yes or no. if you are serious then arrange for your witness to testify by phone. if mr ashton is correct that it is an ongoing investigation then it is your burden to prove why it is exculpatory. research goes on everyday of the week. ongoing projects everywhere...when dna first came out they had only one type of dna analysis. your burden and i can't say whether you met it or not. two attorneys passionately arguing their position. we can have phone testimony but if it is ongoing investigation then it is your burden to prove this is not a fishing expedition. no record of evidence to base this on other than two attys passionately arguing and all I can't say yes and I can't say no.

They should know by now they can't get "fishing expeditions" past this judge. Ain't going to happen. It is getting old.

Is the defense going to try and prove the hair was not Caylee's? IIRC it was only tested for mtDNA so they will argue it could be CA or ICA's.

If it is ongoing as JA says then it can't be recognized. I am going with what JA said.

She has no proof if FBI won't release documents..............right?
fishing expedition?

Mods -- I hope this is okay.

snipped from : http://www.cfnews13.com/

Casey Anthony: 49 'tainted' jurors sent home for talking about case
By Jacqueline Fell and Adam Longo, Team Coverage
Last Updated: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:16 PM

According to Judge Perry, a Texas Equusearch volunteer whose name is on the witness list was called to jury duty Tuesday at the Pinellas County Courthouse, and talked to Tuesday's jury pool about the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018