2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
language barrier?, doesn't understand what hardship is, wife is disabled

Seems like if the court would just hire a person to go from home to home taking care of pets, we would be able to sit a jury before Friday.

One of yesterdays excused Jurors was a pet sitter - maybe she should have hung around and got some business :great:

juror # 133 white man in his 70's (don't think this is accurate for obvious reasons!)

eta..sorry I take that back

I really feel for some of these people. As someone posted before, I'm counting my blessings.

Just noticed, CMason doesn't ask questions of male jurors just the females..It appears they want more males on this jury...

I'm sure they think all the females would be totally jealous of their pretty, young, white, murdering client.

3211: Hardship? Yes sir. I don't understand what is a hardship?

HHJP: any major problems with finances, family or other to be taken to Orlando.

my wife is very sick. my wife needs my assistance. three months ago she was in the hospital. twice she almost died close to me. she went into convulsions. she has other problem. sometimes I don't understand the words they are using in the court. my language, native is Spanish. Been speaking english for 11 years. Understands english fine but not the technical terms(some of them) being used.

HHJP: you are the only one responsible for your wife?

yes sir. the only one in the house.

HHJP: step outside and we will get back to you. Excused for cause.

3211 male

hardship, wife is sick with fibromyalgia and mental hospital and had convulsions almost died, doesn't understand english very well, native spanish speaker

excused for cause

Juror 122: Male in his 70's. Wife is sick, he needs to be close to her. Sole caregiver for his wife. Native language is Spanish. Doesn't understand some English words. Speaking English for 11 years. Has problems understanding some legal terms (like "hardship").

Excused for cause for medical issues w/his wife and language barriers.

My take is that maybe they have no doubt that women will find this monster guilty. Men could be iffy.

Of course the DT wants men, so they can fall in love with Casey and have dreams up being with her when she gets out. :floorlaugh:

Excused...Excused...Excused. Good! Great! At this rate we will still be at jury selection around summer of 2013!

Of course you have no questions Mr Mason...he is a Male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member