2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does CM miss every single question that is already asked and answered?

Wait....that's a rhetorical question isn't it?

This is the worst time of the year for a trial. Graduations, weddings, vacations.

3158 - male

probably get paid, does little league and is scheduled for tournaments (he umpires), sleep apnea/narcolepsy (says there is possibility he may miss out on something imp) although last episode was a year ago while driving

CM: vacation in NC

asked to return

3158: Hardship? and inconvenience and a hardship. I do little league baseball.

HHJP: is it possible for someone else to step in?

yes.

HHJP: your job would pay you?

yes.

HHJP: any family or medical considerations?

sleep apnea.

HHJP: would it help you if you were getting sleepy to stand up?

standing up helps, yeah.

HHJP: we will work nine to five and if you were feeling sleepy you could stand up?

I hope so.

HHJP: would your sleepyness cause you to miss out on information?

It could, I hope not. I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea...I have fallen asleep at stop lights...I have not done that in a while, I have been tested. I was driving, I have no medication.

HHJP: what time did you get here this morning? Have you drifted off to sleep?

no adrineline has kept me awake.

I am going on vacation and have baseball turneys. I nod off after sitting down for periods of time. nothing I can predict or do anything about. I catch it when I can. when I catch myself I wake up automatically. We have a graduation for a girlfriend's grand son.

HHJP: ask that you go to home or work. we will bring you back for a second round of questioning either Thursday or Friday.

I don't get the medical excuses without doctor's letters.

Hardship - my girlfriend's grandson is graduating....

give me a break

I think it would play a large factor, people who vote seem to be more responsible, aware, involved citizens.

I did not realize jury pools were picked from a driver's license data base until this case. I thought it was always voter registration like it is in my area. I learned something new!

Voting records yes, but I also wonder if what party someone lists on their registration counts.

They wouldn't do well to use voter registration because as I learned in registering people to vote at the last elections, SO SO many adults of all ages aren't registered at all and never have been.

1 hour mark - 15 interviews (that's 1.5 faster than yesterday's 10 per hour)

:twocents: HECK, listening to certain Esquires would POSSIBLY put ANYBODY to sleep, or at least "drift off"!

Been at MORE than a few trials where the jury members have "drifted off" during scientific/financial testimony ...............NEVER mine, of course!:floorlaugh: 'cause I'm always animated and will STOP speaking if I notice the "drifter". Don't ignore this girl~:innocent:

After judge informs she'll be called back, wants to talk to the judge about a personal matter regarding some type of medication she's on.

Actually it's not that unusual. At both trials I was in jury selection for (one criminal, one civil, the civil ended up being where I served) the judges in both cases stated that if anyone wanted to approach with a personal problem or question they could. She might be on an anti-depressant and not want anyone to know.

Being on jury duty for a trial that will last this long, do you get to go home every night and have weekends free? I am just confused as to why so many reasons that are holding people back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove