2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the medical excuses without doctor's letters.

I've never had to provide a doctor's note. I fill out my medical issues on the summons and send it in. Usually get a call within 24 hours that I don't even need to make the trip.

A White woman in her 60's - Catholic.

Asking if she could go to church while sequestered.

Judge Perry telling her that there is a church close by, and provisions would be made on Sundays.

W.T.H???

She cant get on her knees and pray??????????????????????

Sweet JESUS.

I'm a Catholic and I attend Mass every day.

Man, I never thought of that one. These people are pulling out every excuse in the book, and those not in the book.

:banghead:

This juror goes to mass every morning and takes holy communion.

2 x breast cancer survivor.

I don't see her being death qualified.

If I was a power person in Milwaukee, I would make sure this guy had better tickets than he has now and free hotel rooms for a game after the trial. Great public relations. We would want him on the morning tv shows. Of course, all contingent on his service on the jury!!

God Bless you lady...cancer survivor

I am catholic...you can pray at St James in downtown Orlando or go to the Basilica of the Ntl Shrine of Mary.

She is using religion to get out of jury duty...I am sure the Priest will forgive her for not attending Mass daily.

the DT will want her.

She DOES NOT want to be on the Jury...

Devout Catholic - no doubt against the death penalty. I don't think she'll make it.

I've never had to provide a doctor's note. I fill out my medical issues on the summons and send it in. Usually get a call within 24 hours that I don't even need to make the trip.

I find it odd they just take people's word for it.

She said she needs to attend daily sacrament. JJHP is asking her if they can accomodate her. She's saying it's essential that she be at church every day.

Juror 3385: White woman in her 60's. Would impose a hardship. 2 time cancer survivor. Catholic who attends daily mass. Not being able to attend daily mass would be a hardship.

Judge says there's a Catholic church 2 blocks away she could go to during lunch break. Court can also arrange for a priest to come to her, if needed. Will also arrange for a private place to pray, if she wants.

She says wouldn't be the same as attending daily mass. It's "essential" for her to be there every day.

Excused due to cause being her religious needs/beliefs/requirements.

Defense objects.-Says court can make necessary religious accommodations.

Judge overrules- She's excused.

Well alrighty then. It's gotta be HER church. It's essential.

once again I think this one would have better luck simply saying she is anti DP in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand