2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to go HHJP, There are a lot of homeless people out there ATM with time to sit this trial, in need of a place to stay and probably in need of three squares. Didn't Baez sat he wanted a more ethnic selection to choose from...Nothing wrong with people down on their luck getting some help and benefiting the community at the same time.

They proberly would make some money with some sort of book deal (pretty much like most juries of high profile cases).

This lady says she doesn't have any hardships, but she sure doesn't sound like she wants to serve.

3042 - woman

job pays, no hardship, not known medical or family probelms

CM: children (age 22), calendar (end of May go to Philadelphia but OK), not a caretaker, no required medical treatment

asked to return

Female up - no financial hardship - would continue to get paid, no family or medical problems - hooray. Of course Mr. Mason stands up - child 22 sir, sigh - any calendar problems - plans for the end of May - wanted to travel to Philadelphia - will not cause anxiety if she misses it. Mason is getting all "no" answers sir. She is a keeper!

I'm seriously trying to figure out how in the world Mason can get away with his line of questioning potential jurors without HHJP putting a smack down on him? HH JUST asked all of these questions. :crazy:

That woman was NOT amused with CM's questioning.

Did she just say "great" when the judge said she was coming back??

Am I the only one that thinks the HHJP's idea about screening the homeless shelter is a good one? The state is ALREADY paying for the shelter. It might actually save the state money and provide more space for others needing shelter to have the ones in sound mind and body, willing and able to serve, serve. They have the time, won't be a issue of financial hardship, why not? THey would get 3 hot meals, $30 a day, a nice hotel, entertainment...might come out of this refreshed and prepared to start anew.

Plus, they are homeless and prob jobless. Which would be very close to KC's situation. I think it's a excellent idea.

Nervous guy. They really should let this guy go. He's only got 1 shot left in this two year span to take that law-related (sorry, forget what it is) test. His main concern is not to recoup money for his 1st anniversary trip, but passing this test. Seems DT is ok with letting him go, but the state really wants him.

Maybe he should really think the whole lawyer thing. The lawyers want the potential newbie on the case. ODD that he wants off.
IMO

Working and can do visual, thanks for the great great post!

HOLY SMOKES!

HHJP - "Why shouldn't you be sentenced?"

Juror - "I didn't know it was a crime."

HHJP - "What was your reason?"

Juror - "I was trying to get out of jury duty."

He's so getting the hammer....

Gawd - Mason so clearly does not want women on this jury - so badly that I expect to hear him inquire about their menstrual cycles in addition to their calendars any time now!

OHHH a grandma!

Female up - no financial hardship - would continue to get paid, no family or medical problems - hooray. Of course Mr. Mason stands up - child 22 sir, sigh - any calendar problems - plans for the end of May - wanted to travel to Philadelphia - will not cause anxiety if she misses it. Mason is getting all "no" answers sir. She is a keeper!

Interesting that CM didn't seem to want her..............

3042 - woman

job pays, no hardship, not known medical or family probelms

CM: children (age 22), calendar (end of May go to Philadelphia but OK), not a caretaker, no required medical treatment

asked to return

I was late posting it..this is a AA woman in her 40's

This juror babysits for her grandson, he is 3. From 8:30-6:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member