2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One person on In Session said she felt Judge Perry was harsh.

Some people on In Session / Court TV were skeptical of the guilt of OJ Simpson and Phil Spector, and continue to openly idolize Johnny Cochran and Linda Kenney Baden.

OMG! This man is willing to skip his nephew's wedding. :eek:

3185 - male

takes care of stroke patient but can make it work, nephew also getting married next week

CM: calendar(wedding sat may 21 indiana - no vacation), finaicial (no problem)

asked to return

From Twitter:

NancyGraceHLN Nancy Grace
EXCLUSIVE: The juror who reportedly inadvertently tainted an entire jury pool by discussing the case joins Nancy LIVE tonight at 8 PM ET!

OMG I just predicted that! :great: Did juror from yesterday that got the pool dismissed get bumped by the contempt juror? Is she paying him so he can pay his fine?

Am I the only one that thinks the HHJP's idea about screening the homeless shelter is a good one? The state is ALREADY paying for the shelter. It might actually save the state money and provide more space for others needing shelter to have the ones in sound mind and body, willing and able to serve, serve. They have the time, won't be a issue of financial hardship, why not? THey would get 3 hot meals, $30 a day, a nice hotel, entertainment...might come out of this refreshed and prepared to start anew.

Plus, they are homeless and prob jobless. Which would be very close to KC's situation. I think it's a excellent idea.

I made almost the same comment #1493, I agree with you 100% excellent Idea from HHJP.

I think jury duty should be changed. I think the court should allow parents with children under the age of 5 (school age) to stay with them in the hotel or at least visit more than once a week. I also think they should provide child care during the trial at the court and as needed a long the way. Parents neeeding this could forgo the $30 a day which would cover the cost of childcare.

That way these parents could serve AND parents would have a mental break from the case on off hours. Just my opinion.

From Twitter:

EXCLUSIVE: The juror who reportedly inadvertently tainted an entire jury pool by discussing the case joins Nancy LIVE tonight at 8 PM ET!

Someone so called that one.Forgive me for not remembering who it was!

ETA: I see it was twall~!!

I was just catching up on my DVR what the heck is going on? A potential juror was talking to a in session producer on how to get out of jury duty? $450 fine. Judge Perry is going to the homeless shelter to find potential minority jurors? This was really a bad time because a lot of people have vacation plans. Another thing he is promising the potential jurors that the trial will be over by July, he is going to have to stay on a strict schedule. Well gotta go back out talk later.

From Twitter:

Well, of course! Someone upthread predicted it...LOL...

This lady is a mother of a single mother with a 3yr. old. They live with her!

It would be difficult for her to get away.

She is trying to help her daughter get on her feet!

WOW. Hear that Casey. Single mom going to college and working.

We NEED this lady! She helps take care of her daughters 3 yr old. Her daughter is a single mother. I think she wouldn't take kindly to miss inmate.

my gosh, this lady is perfect! Did you hear that ICA, her daughter actually GOES to college!

Another CA! Goodness how I wish they could sit on the jury!

Problem with using the homeless is many of them suffer from drug/alchol abuse or have mental issues.
Proberly won't be a smart idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member