2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one that said he had tickets to the Lightning kinda crack me up. Who follows hockey in Florida????

bbm
I know, when you think of FL hockey doesn't jump to the forefront..

My family follows hockey...we know many families that do...

.there are a lot of people living in Florida that moved from elsewhere in the US and beyond the US borders...

The face of the homeless shelters has changed greatly since the recession. Many people in these shelters are hard working familes that lost their homes and jobs. They have no choice but to be there. It can happen to any of us.

Yes I know, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply homeless were alcoholics, I meant anybody who has drinking issues.

I'm a little sad that so few people are willing to serve. There was a time when Citizenship and Civic duty trumped everything else.

I totally agree. The more I listen to these people, the sadder I get. Some of them I truly understand but a lot of these situations could be remedied.

I still think it is more unusual if a person CAN serve 2 months, maybe longer, stashed away in another town. JMO.

3288 - woman

has custody of 4, 2, 1 yo grandchildren and tends to their care daily (all go to school), she is self employed (salon and day spa), financially she would lose her business, husband is 59 yo (works for phone services for credit union ) and wouldn't be able to take care of kids very well alone

excused for cause

a 1 yo that goes to school?
Is that common in FL?
maybe she means daycare

A lot of daycares are also pre-schools. I've also heard a lot of people refer to daycare as school.

It's weird how KC keeps sighing like she has something more important to do! I really wonder if it has sunk in how grave her situation is? I wouldn't be able to withstand all this & would have taken the plea deal. But of course, I would never be in this dire situation anyway! I just can't fathom how it must feel.

Most likely KC does not think or feel in the ways that most of us do. For her the whole thing is a game, fun, entertaining, and most of all, all about her. This part of the trial is boring as it is about the jurors, not her.

I'm just waiting to hear CM tell Judge Perry that their perfect juror should be a little taller than KC, brown hair but straightens it, really straight teeth and a "10".

And the family has money so financial hardship is not an issue.

Juror 3288: Woman. Would impose hardship. Has custody of 3 young grandchildren. Self-employed (owns a day spa) and would probably lose her business if she was gone 8 weeks.

Excused for cause being financial hardship and because she has 3 young grandchildren to care after. No objections.

It isn't a crime to be homeless. That is the biggest difference.

I think it would be a postive thing in their lives to sit on a jury. I think it will not only be nice for them to have a nice place to stay, have three full meals, nice trips, movies, video games, etc... I think it will give them a sense of pride they may not have felt for a while.

I was just teasin - I had a warped sense of humour ;)

Happy to know Mr Greens face was shown. Public shaming, even if it takes him awhile to actually feel shame, works for me.

Juror #3081. Male. Hardship - yes. Has 87 yr old mother that he takes care of and runs errands for etc. Also a 33-yr old mentally handicapped son who lives at home, and whom he transports to and from work. Wife can't transport him to and from work. No family in state to assist him and his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cancerkilla