2011.05.11 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day 3 )

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't surprise me in the least. In fact, I guess I'm surprised she wasn't on last night.
Not really surprised here either. But this woman is on the witness list. Can she do this interview? I thought they were instructed not to talk to the media or talk to anyone really about the case. Maybe they took her off the witness list last night.

I am shocked by Jean C. pounding on the point that she has never seen a defendant more distraught than CA...? Really?

ISS- Vinnie showing the video of ICA reacting to HHJP reading the indictment again this am. She put her head down, licked her lips and shook her head.
He showed this scene twice..
JCasarez says in all the years she has covered trials she has never seen a defendant this distraught, this depressed, she is distraught!

It has to be for the spin of things, just has to be. Because to me it is all such a put on. It is just so fake and so very not real. ICA has no real feelings. I just do not get how the media can not see that. How they can keep on with the charade that is ICA. Help someone explain this to me.

omg... I just read on NG FB that the juror who tainted the pool yesterday will be on her show today.

:lol:

Brave woman! I can just hear NG now - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??

The guards in Pinellas do seem to be running a very tight ship and making their presence known. ICA's petite but ever watchful guard just tickles me-she doesn't miss anything-not even a bang swipe!!:floorlaugh:

That's "Scrappy." Love her! :great:

I know we're about to go back, but HHJPs talk of "good corporate citizens" has me wondering:

What is your work place's policy? I know back in the day we were compensated (though I do not know for what time period, I'm sure there was a limit - two weeks rings a bell), but we turned in our daily stipend to corporate.

Yes I know that but my question was a general question about Scientology.

Aaaaack!! Many apologies to you!! Thats what I get from not reading the full post and not paying attention even when I DO!!!

Again...so sorry, Marple..

The guards in Pinellas do seem to be running a very tight ship and making their presence known. ICA's petite but ever watchful guard just tickles me-she doesn't miss anything-not even a bang swipe!!:floorlaugh:

They even appear to object if she touches or pushes in a chair...they also don't like the dawdle when its time to go.....ICA doesn't like "scrappy".....[

Question: is she not allowed to touch anything?????

My thoughts are just the opposite. I think this is going to last 12 to 16 weeks. How many times have we heard Baez say, "Briefly, Judge...." and then ramble on for half an hour. Over nonsense.

IMO, Baez and Co. will drag out every cross-examination, and when it is their turn, we will hear HHJP admonish repeatedly to save it for the close.

I also do not believe ICA will testify.

I do not believe she will testify either. However, I do believe the time HHJP is right about the time of this case. Baez has no defense for Casey. The witnesses themselves have all made him out to look dumb as dirt. I imagine that he will back down after the 2nd or 3rd witness makes him look incompetent in his profession. I personally see it lasting less than 6 weeks.

NG that is low IMO, to have witness (tainted the jury) on TV..................wait til trial is over!

I know we're about to go back, but HHJPs talk of "good corporate citizens" has me wondering:

What is your work place's policy? I know back in the day we were compensated (though I do not know for what time period, I'm sure there was a limit - two weeks rings a bell), but we turned in our daily stipend to corporate.

I think this subject would make a good topic for a thread.

Judges have to give way to the defense as far as allowing them leeway in rambling, etc. more so on DP trials than other trials, I believe. No one wants a verdict to be overturned in this kind of case. I do think it will last more than two months, from whatever date it begins. I have doubts about next Tuesday.

Those tears didnt have anything to do with the indictment or Caylee....that was her moment/opportunity to let out all the disappointment and disbelief she had pent up once she realized Baez wasnt playing with her today. A woman scorned....

omg... I just read on NG FB that the juror who tainted the pool yesterday will be on her show today.

I have never called into a show, but this tempt's me. I have a few choice words for her and the stunt she pulled yesterday. And let's not forget she is still a witness for the defense, right?

Just checked my jury duty policy

ACME Co will pay the difference between the amount the employee
receives for jury duty and the employee's salary. This benefit is limited to up to five working days per year.

It has to be for the spin of things, just has to be. Because to me it is all such a put on. It is just so fake and so very not real. ICA has no real feelings. I just do not get how the media can not see that. How they can keep on with the charade that is ICA. Help someone explain this to me.

Really they should have stopped talking a loooooonnnnggg time ago and went to no comment. However, they cannot just say "I think my client is guilty, we will do our best to mitigate the sentence." So, they have to posture, say she is innocent, you will figure it out in the first 3 minutes.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beth C on HLN says if she keeps crying during the trial she may gain sympathy from the jury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because she is a young, pretty girl:banghead:

IMO, her "breaking down" and shaking her head during the reading of the indictment was just a display for the potential jury.

I think this subject would make a good topic for a thread.

Daisy, I can start a thread but I don't know how to pull this quote across, I can cut and paste it? LOL I'll strike out on my own and try...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove