2011.05.11 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day 3 )

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
15 min. til court comes back on...........break time
I'll have to leave for 3 hours.............it will kill me!

With all the dates thrown around....I can't help but wonder if this will end up a bench trial and the jurors will be for the sole purpose of penalty phase.

It would fit no???

No way on earth this will ever be a bench trial, Sots.

Here's what gets me. When all the pot. juror's are in the room ICA cries, but when they are questioned individually she is totally calm and collected. I would think that the pot. juror's would notice this.

They even appear to object if she touches or pushes in a chair...they also don't like the dawdle when its time to go.....ICA doesn't like "scrappy".....[

Question: is she not allowed to touch anything?????/COLOR]

I think Pinellas wants to make sure Prisoner Anthony leaves the county in the same shape she came in!! After all they know the world is watching-their reputation is on the line!:waitasec:

How was she allowed to cut her hair?? I wouldn't think she'd have easy access to scissors....

Here's what gets me. When all the pot. juror's are in the room ICA cries, but when they are questioned individually she is totally calm and collected. I would think that the pot. juror's would notice this.

BBM
Sometimes even smiling and laughing too.

I think she cried when it was read aloud what she was indicted for... not so much the jurors

moo

I would be to nervous to see that. I don't know why but LE, courts etc make me a nervous wreck and I have never been in trouble.
My best friend is a lawyer.......LOL

Did Jean C not see Susan Smith? IIRC she was a big ole mess.

My work allowed for two weeks, and I had to pay back what the court paid me, which was $10 a day. I got to keep my mileage.

I think we have to remember that they are getting a high number of alternates for this trial, very smart on HHJP's part. If the trial did happen to run over what he's estimating then the gal with the Brit vacation will still get to go, and they'll have an alternate slip into her place.

I know we're about to go back, but HHJPs talk of "good corporate citizens" has me wondering:

What is your work place's policy? I know back in the day we were compensated (though I do not know for what time period, I'm sure there was a limit - two weeks rings a bell), but we turned in our daily stipend to corporate.

I would not get paid by my employer as I work on tips and tips alone. We also have to tip our barbacks. $10.00 a shift is the minimum, but we usually give them more if they do a good job. I am considered an "independent contractor" and I have an accountant that keeps track of everything because I am really bad at handling that aspect of things. I pay my taxes quarterly so I don't get hit with a huge bill at the end of the year. I did that once and will never do it again.

I would have no problem taking two months off though! I would love a good excuse to take a long vacation off from working. :crazy:

I know we're about to go back, but HHJPs talk of "good corporate citizens" has me wondering:

What is your work place's policy? I know back in the day we were compensated (though I do not know for what time period, I'm sure there was a limit - two weeks rings a bell), but we turned in our daily stipend to corporate.

First 2 weeks full pay.......after that corp. pays the difference between jury pay and salary........unlimited. I think larger corps are better positioned to offer that than small if for no other reason than resources to cover the persons duties.

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beth C on HLN says if she keeps crying during the trial she may gain sympathy from the jury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because she is a young, pretty girl:banghead:

Not the least bit worried!! All the jurors need to hear is what "young, pretty girl" did for 31 days and how she lied to LE after the 31 days and then there's the car!!:twocents:

IMOO ~ the Jurors are talking/being asked about themselves, so no need for KC to bother herself. She seems only to be affected when SHE'S the topic. Doesn't even shed a tear when her daughter is mentioned. :maddening:

ISS- Vinnie showing the video of ICA reacting to HHJP reading the indictment again this am. She put her head down, licked her lips and shook her head.
He showed this scene twice..
JCasarez says in all the years she has covered trials she has never seen a defendant this distraught, this depressed, she is distraught!

BBM
I do not believe her.:twocents:

IMO Casey was NOT distraught...she cried..Yes... she was upset...Sure.

Distraught... Frantic or hysterical.... IMO..NO she was not.

I just want to say that while the Kabuki theatre happening at the defense table is entertaining I am most impressed by style and tone of the prosecution. No theatrics, no games, no nonsense. Perhaps because of my job I have developed the ability to quickly assess non-verbal language in everyday interactions. However, I don’t think it’s special to me, other than I recognize it to make adjustments in my communication style. I believe most people can - on a subconscious level - sense when something is not right. It resonates along the lines of “I can’t quite put my finger on it”, and makes one feel uncomfortable and highly suspicious.

Wow, Beth K. say general voir dire may not begin until after the next phases, which include death penalty qualifying and publicty on the case. She is surprised they are not covering these two areas in this part. She says it could take 2-3 weeks to get a DP jury.

BBM
I do not believe her.:twocents:

IMO Casey was NOT distraught...she cried..Yes... she was upset...Sure.

Distraught... Frantic or hysterical.... IMO..NO she was not.

I was thinking she was MAD at Caylee for being found---along with parents for actually calling --- for LE for not believing her lies.....more mad than distrught

I think Pinellas wants to make sure Prisoner Anthony leaves the county in the same shape she came in!! After all they know the world is watching-their reputation is on the line!:waitasec:

I wish Scrappy could go back to Orlando with Casey and sit in as her babysitter for the entire trial. :floorlaugh: I think Casey is intimidated by her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove