2011.05.11 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day 3 )

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just for *****s and giggles I looked up how long the OJ trial lasted...

37 weeks

wow

The good news about that is KC is no celebrity AND Caylee was not an adult who could have disappered or been harmed by someone else without anyone knowing for 31 days. She is a minor, last seen with her mother who never reported her missing and made up fictional nanny. Not to mention that her car smelled like a dead body had been in the back of it.

And lastly, JB et al, sure as heck are no Johnny Cochran. I am just sayin....

I wonder what the average length of time, per juror, is for voir dire. Somehow I could see them only getting through 3 or so people a day, with this group...

Casey requested the seating change?

Respectfully snipped.

Casey most likely did not request this. She sends too many longing glances for attention over to JB. When she does not receive attention she glances with anger daggers at JB.

Probably the team decided it is best to keep her between two women due to all of the touching comments and concerns, and the microphones.

Just My Opinion
something is not right. ICA has an "aide" to watch and care for her. The DT is acting really ODD. HHJBP sure it won't go into AUG.
JVM having someone on tonight close to case to discuss a "theory"
CM" jaws will drop"
LENNY P "the world will be shocked"

HEE BEEE GEEE WILIKERS!!!

Agree with you, something is happening behind the scenes that we do not now about yet.

Just My Opinion
something is not right. ICA has an "aide" to watch and care for her. The DT is acting really ODD. HHJBP sure it won't go into AUG.
CM" jaws will drop"

Hang onto your hat, George.

mo

Just My Opinion
CM" jaws will drop"

LOL well, if lenny says so then it must be EARTH SHATTERING! Actually, we tore that up quite a bit last night on the last of yesterday's sidebar thread.

Most of this is just media spin (see lenny above)

KC is being held in a medical ward in Pinellas, correct? Does anyone know why?
Details Of Casey's Incarceration In Pinellas County
Casey Anthony is in "Protective Custody" in the Healthcare Division of the jail. This means she is being housed in a single cell and is monitored 24/7. Her cell has a toilet and sink; and is 130 square feet (roughly 10X130
http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/27832849/detail.html

Good Morning everyone! I'm just getting online for the day - it's 9:45am here in California.

I skimmed through the first few pages of the "Jury Selection - Day Three" thread and saw the picture of KC with her hair cut, with long bangs.

I missed the morning session. Can anyone give a brief summary of what's happened so far today?

Just My Opinion
CM" jaws will drop"

You know what will make my jaw drop and be shocked?

When media like IS, JVM, NG, etc..... report accurately AND in a nonbiased manner.

THAT will shock me.

Does anyone wonder if Cindy and/or George or even Lee are watching the jury selection on IS or live webstream? I'm actually a bit surprised that Casey's parents aren't in the courtroom.

just for *****s and giggles I looked up how long the OJ trial lasted...

37 weeks

wow

Yes, but let's face it - that trial was an uncontrolled mess! I still shudder when I think about Judge Ito, Marcia Clark and Clarence what's his name.

I have never thought the trial would last 6 - 8 weeks.

The prosecution estimated 3-4 weeks for their case. The Defense also estimated 3-4 weeks, thus the 6 - 8 week estimate.

I just don't see a defense case, as in the SP trial.

5 maybe 6 weeks tops. IMO

Yes, but let's face it - that trial was an uncontrolled mess! I still shudder when I think about Judge Ito, Marcia Clark and Clarence what's his name.

I was just curious as to how long it was.... I forgot how very long it was! And the jury was sequestered! We were stationed in germany at the time so we had to watch taped coverage of it...

the jury was only out two days though...

I have never thought the trial would last 6 - 8 weeks.

The prosecution estimated 3-4 weeks for their case. The Defense also estimated 3-4 weeks, thus the 6 - 8 week estimate.

I just don't see a defense case, as in the SP trial.

5 maybe 6 weeks tops. IMO

Are you watching the same stuff? JB cannot ask a direct and succinct question. He must rephrase at least 15 times before he stops, and then come up with some other inane babble. I don't think it will be done in 8 weeks, lol!

I wonder what the average length of time, per juror, is for voir dire. Somehow I could see them only getting through 3 or so people a day, with this group...

I believe I heard judge say 20 or so minutes per person, is figuring 5 an hour, some faster, some slower... I can't remember exactly tho.

What is the average length of a death penalty trial?
Here in my town about 2 weeks tops.

InSession showing a pix of ICA snubbing/pouting JB then coming in and sitting by JB.........

It's May in Illinois and the air conditioner got put in last night, it's abnormally hot here. However I'm sure I will be thanking my husband later as this trial is going to make my temps fly skyward anyway.

I know there were some questions about transplant and labs - before and after transplant that's the routine for the rest of your life. Prior especially because they have to be absolutely sure you've got no infections, they won't transplant if you have elevated wonky labs or even a slightly abnormal pap smear. I know, TMI - but I have a friend who is a recipient of the greatest gift (kidney in her case) and know a wee bit about it all. Afterwards the labs are for your levels, plus you are on all those anti-rejection meds. Just gotta be positive everything is working the way it should!

Just My Opinion
CM" jaws will drop"

What is your theories on this?? What are your thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky