2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this guy sounds like a good juror. Guessing that he will be stricken by DT that knew it about 30 minutes ago. Wasted hour or two once that decision gets made.

But because they are allowed to backstrike, we may see them accept at this point.

I had to step away before the first juror was finished being interviewed - was he selected for jury duty or was there a decision made? Thanks

I'm sorry but if I was a potential juror on this case,with the amount of questioning,I would have to stand up and say "Thanks but no Thanks" let me out of here,I'm gone JMHO:snooty: :hand:

Why are they spending so much time on this one guy?? If they have concerns, dismiss him and get on with it....this is ridiculous!

I think it is important to question - it sounds like this juror is answering questions based on what HE thinks THEY want to hear. He wants to be on the jury.

LDB: asking what happened to the person who killed his friend.

He was convicted and deported. No new information was available. Same info: he had been tried and found guilty. That was pretty much the end of anything.

LDB: do you believe anything about that would affect your ability to listen to this case?

That was more personal, my objectivity was skewed...this is not personal and being objective will be more easily obtained.

LDB: Do you know of anyone who has been the victim of a sexual assult?

Not that I am aware of.

LDB: Anyone who has been accused of a crime?

I have a cousin who has a DUI.

LDB: anything that enters your mind.

that's all I can think of

LDB: sexual assult?

no

LDB: have you been in litigation?

no ma'am

LDB: pets?

Black lab

Great student......but didn't graduate
Great employee .........but didn't work

Ok we'll just take your word for it......:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You forgot "great mother...though her daughter is dead."

Why are they spending so much time on this one guy?? If they have concerns, dismiss him and get on with it....this is ridiculous!

LDB is asking questions from SA and DT viewpoint so they can't come back later and say he had bias. She is several paces ahead of the DT on everything and as usual, meticulous.

Do you know of anyone who has been accused of a sexual assault?

Even if they did not go to the police??

covering all the bases the DT will put out there...JMHO

Well I can tell you two clips the DT will play at trial: "I am absolutely petrified" and "don't worry I haven't said anything."

GMAB. Is this where we are all going to understand?

I had to step away before the first juror was finished being interviewed - was he selected for jury duty or was there a decision made? Thanks

Don't know yet, he is still being questioned!

She's attacking the defense's stradegy... lol

Wanting to know how he feels about sexual assaults/abuse. Asking him if someone he knows has ever been accused... etc...

now asking about police dogs

he says he has a black lab

says he had a friend that had a flunked out rescue dog

As a scapegoat for parental misconduct.

I'm thinking something like, ICA is such a disagreeable child and causes so many problems at home it is no wonder I had an affair, that sort of parental misconduct and blaming the child. I'm guessing.

Or her parents told everyone she was a horrible problematic child even though she wasn't. Or maybe she was problematic. I know for me I used to sit there and think what did I do wrong as my mom would be on the phone running down a list of crap I did that was completely untrue, to excuse why she couldn't go somewhere or something. The reality was she was too hungover and I had nothing to do with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth