2011.05.12 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day FOUR)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped

Your not salty at all. We ALL are. Nearly 3 years and it is still going to take forever.

Let us all keep in mind, there is only 1 shot at this. It must be done correctly. (Unless some complications arise, which they will, but not enough to stop this trial and begin again, I beg......)

Maybe that's what it is-after all this time, my patience is wearing sooooo thin.

Is feed down? cnn.live just showing Sixth Judicial Court emblem. ):

Bringing this over from the other thread:

As far as I recall, this woman did not say she had smelled the bodies during the unpleasant stages of decomp, rather viewed and prepared the bodies. She corrected LDB about smelling them. jmo

I heard someone (I thought HHJP) say "He's eating too" That's all I could make out.

So....does anyone know what JB was asking the judge about before he got up and walked away?

no idea, mine cut out while JB was asking a question..then when I got it back.. JA was asking Judge about bringing a guy back (but that person was eating right now) then I got the shield.

Is the video on delay since it wasn't gone long enough to miss this juror being sent out & mention of this dinner break

So....does anyone know what JB was asking the judge about before he got up and walked away?

The next potential juror is one who didn't believe that he could get paid time off, but the DT wanted him to find out for sure. JA asked JB if they were going to strike him, and JB replied 'yes.' JA then brought it up to HHJP, and HHJP will hear none of it. I'm sure he's making them rethink their dawdling on the questioning today. (In the meantime AF went storming up to JB at the podium and said, quite gruffly IMHO, "We are NOT withdrawing.") JB then started backpedalling at the podium but HHJP had heard enough and said that that potential juror was eating as well and this would all be dealt with later.

Anyone know how many strikes the lawyers get in the final round?? I've been trying to google it but found nothing concrete. If its 10 they only need 39 in the jury pool for the final round.

Maybe a legal eagle could confirm or deny this..but it is my understanding that 3rd round includes mostly striking or accepting, and IF striking needs to give "Cause" of some sort, then its JP who accepts or deny's..especially if the stiking includes certain things..It's my understanding both side have a boatload of stikes available, however, they have to show "Just Cause" for doing so..Am I wrong on that?.. TYIA

I would love to know. Anyone get it?

There was a discussion between JA, JB and HHJP about a potential juror that was going to ask his employer if he would be reimbursed for jury duty. JA and JB asked the judge if they could find out now. HHJP replied, he is eating too and we will find out in due time. There was mention by JA that he thought the DT was going to withdraw their objection, but then JB corrected him and said no, they just wanted to know what the PJ found out.

As far as I recall, this woman did not say she had smelled the bodies during the unpleasant stages of decomp, rather viewed and prepared the bodies. She corrected LDB about smelling them. jmo

LDB asked her if she had smelled decomp before and she said yes. Maybe she corrected it later and I missed it.

Correct. She did not say decomp.

The recently deceased quickly gain an odor, but not full decomp yet. It does not take long though, hence our methods of, uh, well you know.

You know it's bad when you live in the mountain time zone, but find yourself on an eastern time zone eating schedule. I've been watching way too much of this....:)

babe....I am on GMT. I saw another poster from my side of town too so it's really late here! at least we have time to do our laundry in the am though :D

IIRC, HHJS had KC examined very early on. No issues that we know of, certainly none that caused the defense to seek an insanity plea.

There's a description for her brain dysfunction, though it's not clinical-Spoiled, entitled, never told to get off her arse, didn't want to be a mom, resentful, narcissistic, trampy murderer.
Wait wait. Leave out the trampy part, lest the defense goes and finds the tree-hugger lady that educated us in how we always convict loose girls.
Sorry to be so salty lately, but this whole thing is getting ridiculous and it makes me mad for Caylee.

Ooooh - I forgot about her, lol!!! :floorlaugh:

Ah, good times....

If justice prevails the jury will smell the interior of the car from within...no carpet samples, ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak