2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE MORNING SESSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that while it is necessary to qualify a DP juror I can understand why defense teams feel that the client loses the presumption of innocnce.

Listening to voir dire in a DP case really stirs up strong emotions for prospective jurors and does in a way,"plant a seed" regarding guilt. It is unavoidable based on the requirements, but it dos give us something to think about.

I won't turn this into a DP debate...

I was thinking that way myself--you stated it much clearer.....

I think she knows a lot more about the case than she is saying.

I did love the "I rarely read the newspaper" and the turn around "I read that the jury was going to be selected here in the paper on Saturday"

I know there was specualtion over the weekend but does anyone know what the paper said on Sat? I think I need to go find it. :waitasec:

So do they not have to read the charges against Casey today? Presumably because these potential jurors have already heard the charges yesterday?

No, this juror as well as any of the other jurors coming in for Q & A have already heard the charges.

It's been asked a couple times and I haven't seen an answer. I could have missed it though...

Are time restrictions going to be enforced today? Anyone know??

KC while JA is talking about the victim being a child.

kc15.jpg

It's been asked a couple times and I haven't seen an answer. I could have missed it though...

Are time restrictions going to be enforced today? Anyone know??

I believe I heard 30 minutes, but that only applies to the General voir dire part, not the publicity & DP parts.

Just got here and camera scanned defense table...

KC DEFINITELY looks under the influence of a sedative today, imo

JA up - questions regarding the DP, penalty phase, circumstances of this case (murdered child), and what the Juror's "job" will be

Aside: KC gave him a not-so-kind glance. Very calm today, paying close attention to Jurors/what is being said.

JA states many times "child" and "murder of a child". Wow. Very effective.

Juror believes that she would be able to "handle" the circumstances - murder of a child, imposing the DP, etc. IF the facts point to this is what happened (murder of a child).

AF up.

Ok, maybe websleuths time is an hour behind me? If so, I have never noticed that before. My comment shows time as 7:57 and it was 8:57 when I posted. I thought maybe something was wrong with the board updating.

Sorry for the off topic.

depends on your time zone---I'm pacific--and seems like Webslueths is central?????

If the DP is applicable, does it have to be a unanimous vote?

Things seem to be moving along a bit faster today. Hopefully this will continue!!

I think she knows a lot more about the case than she is saying.

I did love the "I rarely read the newspaper" and the turn around "I read that the jury was going to be selected here in the paper on Saturday"

I know there was specualtion over the weekend but does anyone know what the paper said on Sat? I think I need to go find it. :waitasec:

She also said she thinks there is more to this than we know...to make that statement one assumes she has something to base it on....yet she says she knows nothing about the case.

I'm so tired of hearing about the cart before the horse over and over again. The cart is before the horse because the horse has died from a prolonged beating. :deadhorse:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member