2011.05.14 - Jury Selection DAY SIX (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "mercy" question is a tricky one because it's difficult to understand...

I think so, too. From her questioning, alone, to me it implies an emotional component, or personally held belief removed from the testimony, evidence and instructions. I'm not sure what she is expecting at all.

ICA slight nod in agreement when he said if he was on the other side of the courtroom he would want to be presumed innocent too.

and yet no acknowledgment of the PJ who'd lost a child.

sorry yall, I cant get over that, I've been thinking about it all day. both the wonderful juror with the tragedy and with ICA staring at her blankly.

getting the storm over on the East coast of Florida now, wow the winds are rough.

If I am looking at the person I am giving up 2-3 months of my life for in the name of civic duty and saw a mature 20’s person vs a 12-14 y/o being tried as an adult … then perhaps as a PT, I may have answered differently … regarding age … but not in ICA’s case.
Which is exactly what this PT is being questioned about … the defendant sitting in front of him. Not a minor by any definition.

OH MY GOSH she just said that they don't have enough time....and state didn't object to that comment she slipped in??? WOW

Sure the jury will show mercy to Casey after she killed her 2yo kid in cold blood just like the jaguars will still be playing in Jacksonville in 2014.

i just flicked on TV and VPolitan is on, says JA gave HHJP case law today that would let the can of carpet smell come in...:great:
The lady lawyer on his panel says she has no doubt it should come in,no different to going to a crime scene, examining autopsy pictures.

I wonder why they can't have Dr Vass bring ( graphic warning here) some samples from a recently decomposed corpse and just let the jurors compare the smells, since DT are going to say Jurors don't know decomposition from kitchen garbage....?

WFTV is going to have a special on tonight at 7pm if anyone is interested.

Last round!

IceShotsPyramidLG.jpg

http://www.icesculptingtools.com/IceShotsPyramidLG.jpg

your too good to us! Thank you!

43 married 21 years 2 kids 16 and 7 two girls.....truck driver, boat trailer manufacture.

I think the defense will use a strike on this guy.

Many of these PJs sound to me like they have gone home and watched the previous jurors on the news. They have pat answers and seem to almost anticipate what will be asked. I also can not believe so few of these PJs do "not" watch the news, read papers or see internet news. So many PJs have said they have Yahoo, AOL or MSN as home pages and these pages SCREAM CA headlines.

A truck driver. I would have never guessed that. Nothing wrong with it, just not what I was thinking.

It appears this guy has spent the last week doing alot of soul searching..however..I think the understands NOW the responsibility of what it all entails now....

Having said that tho..I dont think he would have any problem finding for death after he hears all the evidence in this case:innocent:

I also like his sense of humor...LOL

His experience of it hitting him after hearing the judge at the beginning is EXACTLY my experience when I was a pot jurror once. I was really struck by the instructions. I found myself listening to the judge, understanding the stuff he read and said to us, and following instructions and it gave me great respect for the process.

Probably why I am still interested in this stuff today.

I also tell people it is not as hard as you might think because the judge tells you what you need to do to find someone guilty or not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly