2011.05.14 - Jury Selection DAY SIX (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first day I'm actually listening/watching live and now I can certainly see why it's taking so long............talk a little faster, and less questions please!!

But it was the state that said "alleged"?

Exactly. That was what AF objected to when they went to sidebar. When JA came back, he re-worded his question and omitted the "victim" reference.

how come AF can refer to Miss Anthony, but Caylee can't be referred to as a victim?
grrr

Made me sick and mad and angry and disgusted!! She wants on this jury soooo bad! OMG

:mad::curses::no:

Really do you think she does? Her daughter lives in New Hampshire and she lives in Florida = she probably talks to both her daughter and her grand daughter almost everyday on the phone, but she actually only sees her "live" two or three times a year. She works full time as a teacher...

Sorry but the Defendant (no matter who she/he is) is entitled to a presumption of innocence. The Prosecution must prove their case BARD. The Prosecution I am almost certain bear the burden of showing that a crime was committed since I don't understand the Defence to have conceded this.

Therefore, for the purposes of court proceedings at least, this remains an "alleged murder" at the current time.

"alleged" murder for sure; "alleged" victim, I still don't quite get that one!

Questioning about "life changing event" if placed on the jury...

Seeing her grandchild infrequently is not unusual! She lives in New Hampshire.

I know that. I guess, for this woman, absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder!! :sick:

Seeing the remains of a 2 yr. old.....hearing horrific facts of how Caylee likely died.....won't bother her that much because, after all, she only sees her granddaughter a couple of times a year! :banghead:

I took PJ's remark regarding only seeing her granddaughter twice a year as meaning it would not be difficult for her, as it might be for a grandparent who saw/lived with a grandchild on a daily basis and had to continuously compartmentalize or block visions of similarities - but that's just my take.

"alleged" murder for sure; "alleged" victim, I still don't quite get that one!

Maybe because this is ICA's trial, they have to say "alleged murder" and therefore ICA's "alleged victim"? Since she hasn't been convicted of this murder she can't have a victim?

JA: what I am getting at is, the fact that the alleged victim is of tender years and you have a grandchild of tender years will that cause you to have a problem?

the ages are a coincidence and I only see my granddaughter a few times a year. (sorry folks, but what does that matter? IMHO!?)

JA: do you have any doubt in your mind, that you can take the responsibilty?

I think I could take that responsibilty and take it seriously.

(THINK?)

AF: CART BEFORE the HORSE. speech.

AF: the law requires that we do this, Miss A has entered a plea of not guilty, you heard the response to that plea. Before we would even get to a penalty phase she would have to be found guilty, does that make sense?

yes. (IMHO: this pot juror won't like AF )

AF: do you understand in FL that a person who is convicted of LWOP or DP that is what they get?

I understand that.

AF: you sat on the panel and heard the judge read the indictment is there anything you heard that would keep you from voting for LWOP if that was the appropriate sentince?

No, no the answer here is: I would follow the instructions given me and there is nothing that would make me not consider LWOP.

Everything would have to be considered.

AF: okay. You said you did not oppose the DP. on a scale of one to ten where do you see yourself on that scale?

an eight.

AF: in reaching your thoughts about the death penalty? is that thought about for years or only when faced with it on monday morning?

I THINK I have thought about it.

AF: there are no right or wrong. just be candid. did you talk to friends or clergy?

I haven't really had that discussion. the first time we visited st augustine and one of the sites was the old jail and it made an impression and the fact that they had the electric chair...

(IMHO: are you kidding me?!!!)

but I don't have a feeling about that.

AF: any religious reasons?

no

AF: you decision is an individual one...the jury will talk about the facts with other jurors and the verdict is the jury as a whole(why is af out of breath?) :rolleyes: The penalty phase is different than that, it is yours and yours alone. Get that?

Um, yeah I could make a decision based on what I am presented with and based on my beliefs.

AF: your commons sense and life experience. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?!!!!!

yes

AF: if someone disagreed with you would you relinquish your opinion?

I don't know or think that I would...

AF: would you do that to someone else?

I would have to be pushed really hard. no I am not like that.

AF: this room is covered in media and the court of public opinion out there. ( :luv: you too Ann! :blowkiss: ) Any issues?

no

AF: interviews with the media after the trial, writting a book, do you think about anything like that and would it influence whether a person should live or die?

NO.

AF: agg circumstances to the exclusion of a reasonable doubt before you could recommend death. those have to be proven, would you hold the state to that burden of proof. (southern accent? I don't think so... :nono: )

general voir dire up next - if AF finally finishes beating that dead horse in front of the cart

I know that. I guess, for this woman, absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder!! :sick:

Seeing the remains of a 2 yr. old.....hearing horrific facts of how Caylee likely died.....won't bother her that much because, after all, she only sees her granddaughter a couple of times a year! :banghead:

I disagree. Just because she don't see her grandkids much don't mean she don't love them any less. My grandmother lives in Jacksonville and can only come see her when I'm on break from college and I really do care about her about the same way if I lived close to her.

Think I would be voted off the island if I answered DP question ... something like this..

I will probably be long gone (if and when defendant is found guilty) and DP is is sentence ..cause in Fla it takes forever to execute the DP sentence with all the appeals ... so no it will not weigh on my heart about the DP..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member