2011.05.14 - Jury Selection DAY SIX (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but they should at least try and show compassion for their client. Regardless of what people might think, everyone including the most horific and evil people in society (and I am not at all convinced that ICA falls into that category) has a right to a decent and effective legal team/advisor.

What's more it is imperative that you build up a rapport with your client so you can effectively communicate and liaise. Showing compassion is a good way to do this.

I don't think I've ever seen a more indulgent hands on (literally) DT, so much so they have managed to alienate the public (the potential jury pool) and people are complaining of over familiarity. Even in English courts touching and rubbing clients is hardly encouraged. At least not when I lived there. I think this degree of comforting does a disservice to the client.

Okay, is it just me or did that comment by AF pee anybody else off? How degrading to Caylee's life!

ha ha ... I think someone told AF what I posted about her voice being so dull and monotone because this is the first time I've heard making an effort into putting some inflection in her speech.

uh-oh .. eye for an eye may do this lady in.

she is confusing this person on the age thing again.....

I am about to blow a gasket

Keep in mind, this juror never heard AF's questions before. We are bored with the same information.

I would love to know what she sees vs. what we see in a "crowed" courtroom.....

Techincally homicide does not automatically mean murder. It means death at the hands of another person. So I am guessing that the defense wants to have room for accidental death, for example...

IMHO, PJ is a good citizen and is thoughtful and intelligent - I think she'd make a good juror.

AF just got the PJ to contemplate the heinousness of the crime vs. the offender's age. Way to plant a seed, AF!

Just to give everybody heads up in case your feed goes out or is bad: Strong storms are rolling through Pinellas.

Ann Finnell does NOT have a southern accent...... IMO

lol I don't think she has one, either. We call it Magnolia Mouth...comes out worse when I have few drinks in me:)

1251-Female-in her 40's-Teacher soon to retire in July-Has a daughter that has a 2 year old child. For the Death Penalty (AF scale 8 out of 10) Spoke on the phone with daughter on Monday during lunch recess and a little conversation revealed she could be a juror for the Casey Anthony case. Daughter lives in NH speaks daily on the phone with her. Is only able to see Grandson aprox 3 times a year.

States she can be fair and not pre-judge ICA. Will not let any other Juror influence her vote in the jury room. A little confused on the aggravating and mitigating circumstances. Mercy is not a factor in her deciding mitigating factor. Changed her mind and said yes she could go for Mercy. (shows her confusion on the Mitigating/Aggravating issues.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360