2011.05.14 - Jury Selection DAY SIX (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This witness is confused on mitigating and aggravating the SA should respond after AF is done with this to the POT. Would you consider age, blah blah blah if the Judge and the Law instructed you that you must consider them?

"alleged" murder for sure; "alleged" victim, I still don't quite get that one!

I take your point. I think the problem is that it hasn't been proven that she is the victim of any crime charged on the indictment or a crime at all. Further, it has not been established in court how she died or that she died of any form of accident.

I am unsure if every person who dies can be referred to as "victim". Therefore, I think even if just to err on the side of caution JP was right in that regard.

However, I am not too sure if the DT want to come across that cold to the Jury/Potentials. I think as long as they exclude reference to murder that should be good enough. Dunno, its a balancing judgement on that point perhaps.

We have a thunderstorm moving through here .. raining hard at my house and rumbling ..

Just to give everybody heads up in case your feed goes out or is bad: Strong storms are rolling through Pinellas.

Thanks...just lost myfoxorlando

someone hit the plug?

Just to give everybody heads up in case your feed goes out or is bad: Strong storms are rolling through Pinellas.

Thanks. Mine fluttered then went totally dead. Tried another and can't get that one either.

It's back on!

what I do not understand is this:

the judge already asked her if she could consider the law, age, etc as mitigation and she said yes..

than AF comes along and confuses her and tries to sneakily find out how the juror would weigh it...

state needs to object and the judge needs to interject!!!!!!!

moo

Victim Impact statement...not an aggravator - we''re back to AFs early routine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!