2011.05.14 - Jury Selection DAY SIX (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AF: even the coldest of murder can have mitigation, do you understand? Alright? Okay?

Alright? Okay? Do you understand that? Maybe if I would ask the question in a normal manner in the first place I wouldn't have to say: do you understand? Alright?

She is still out of breath.

AF: can you concider LWOP as mercy even if the state proves agg circumstances?

no, probably not.

AF: Okay, (quickly onto the next complicated subject and question if you have never heard it before as the juror has not.) I am trying to find out if you would consider mercy...

JA: she has already answered it.

yes, I could go with mercy.

AF: this is a weighing process and not a counting process. you bring your experience to bear. are you an eye for an eye person?

in national things. Osama bin laden.

AF: we are not here for that, thank goodness. do you believe in an eye for an eye?

in a simplistic way, yes. (which side would want this lady, really? )

AF: is there anything about your feelings about the dp that would impare you from concideration such as age?

as age? (long pause) I don't know how to answer that.

AF: as honestly as you can.

blah, blah, blah...

if you are comparing...it is hard to discern which is the more direct penalty...if the crime is heinous then age matters.

AF: sounds like you are weighing age and it is not simple...in your concideration of various aspects in mit factors can age be one of them or are your feelings so strong...

they are not so strong.

JA: I object to the context...three times...

AF: any feelings about the dp that would...

no

AF: a mitigating circ lack of being mature or impulse control...

that goes back to age.

HHJP: will you consider it?

I would not consider the age, maturity when it comes to the dp.

HHJP: remember when I read to you about mit factors: age, charactor, circumstances surrounding...

sound went out for me.

This is ridiculous, the more and more I listen to it, juror after juror, day after day... the juror should be read the law first and then asked the question.

IMO this is why the defense attorneys come back after the defendants are tried and convicted and appeal the cases. Waste HUGE Waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

She's trying hard to say the right thing, IMO. She wants to be on this jury. (Not that I think less of her because of that, just pointing it out)

reflector site just went down for me.. anyone else?

I don't think anyone has understood AF's question on age. Maybe she should start off with abuse because the PJ's just don't get it.

I think EVERY juror so far has been confused over this "would you consider" question. If I understand correctly, he's just asking "would you take it in to account AT ALL, even THINK of it, even if you decide that it has no bearing?" That's what I understand the question to mean. I think it is confusing for the jurors....or maybe I'm the one who has it wrong :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!