2011.05.14 - Sidebar Thread (Juror Selection Day Six)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFL BeanE--the one whose iPhone accidentally tapped into the DT's unsecured wi-fi!!!! :floorlaugh:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing this. You are providing a great service and a lot of giggles for your fellow Sleuthers! :hug:

Baez has an extremely convoluted way of speaking - I've often wondered if it is a window into his disorganised mind. Baez better pick up his game for the trial but personally I think he's incapable of doing it - he's not an articulate guy and is in fact an incredibly poor orator.

Yes and no - he's asking open ended deliberately ambiguous questions to get them to drop a nugget or two. It works a good bit of the time

Thanks for the mimosa! Yummmmmmmm....

I'm watching, reading, and making my grocery list. I want to thank everybody for posting, it's been a help when I was working and missing the action. You guys are the best!

Mr Cherry - "they're still at it on a Saturday?" I must make him something good tonight for dinner I guess.

He was the musician/maintenance newly retired guy who had a DUI a few years ago, did community service but did not report it on form. Also writes crime reviews and has bought a bit of crime memorabilia on ebay. He actually sounded like an interesting guy - recently retired. Baez had a field day with him.

DT tried to strike him for cause , HHJP denied
DT used their preemptary strike on him though .... so he is out

It think Baez is trying every dirty tactic to try and trip people up.

I really hate what the defense is doing in trying to lay traps for the jurors re the age/mitigation question. No wonder Judge Perry had to intervene to point out what the law required, but the defense already knew this had tried it before and is still trying to do it....very dirty.

I think Baez will be a "dirty as possible" He reminds me of the person is such a hurry that cuts off the road when lanes are merging....

I loved loved loved the way HHJP kept pointing out the jurors who said they think ICA is guilty are the ones the DT wanted back on recall. That was too funny!
At least I didn't need to get up and start my lunges yet while Finnell was up. But I suppose we will have time for that - sigh.

oh funny, you're going to do lunges and I'm just about to tuck into some oven fries...lol

Baez wants to get rid of the two who had a previous run in with the law but failed to put it on their questionnaire. Whoopee! I disagree with that. BOTH these PJ's answered truthfully when asked and I didn't hear any hesitations. His own client has never admitted even the slightest hint at being responsible for her own child's death. Does he think SHE would be 'honest' and write it down?

IMO, JB wants to get rid of two of the best jurors possible that might be willing to cut his client some slack. I really don't think that guy yesterday from WV was lying, outright about his criminal record. I think he misunderstood. Afterall they are probably in the courtroom that he had to go to for his DUI, and he can't be that stupid as to think with all these lawyers, no one would check for criminal records.

I also don't believe that PJ was into crime memorabilia, as JB tried very hard to imply. He had reviewed ONE movie, that was based on crimes that occured in the town in WV that the PJ lived in,l prior to moving to FL.

Baez wants to get rid of the two who had a previous run in with the law but failed to put it on their questionnaire. Whoopee! I disagree with that. BOTH these PJ's answered truthfully when asked and I didn't hear any hesitations. His own client has never admitted even the slightest hint at being responsible for her own child's death. Does he think SHE would be 'honest' and write it down?

You mean like how honest she was in her written statement? :rolleyes:

Lunchtime buffet:

DSC01508.JPG

http://www.avontuur.nl/foto%27s/catering/DSC01508.JPG

And bevvies:

full-bar.jpg

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/2a/0b/50/full-bar.jpg

Morning everyone
DH is home today, I cant just sit on the puter all day

I did hear the poor lady who lost her son, so so sad!!! And she never even blinked an eye!

I really have been careful with my list because I've had a lot of medical issues that involve memory problems and brain FOG so I have to keep notes to remember. My words tend to also get mixed up too. I apologize but that jury who posted on facebook about book deal was no where on my list and I stayed up, held my bladder to not miss ONE dang pot.

oh funny, you're going to do lunges and I'm just about to tuck into some oven fries...lol

At the time I wrote that it was before 7am my time - lol - too early for fries for me but why do you think I have to do lunges? :great:

scamperoo,

reply to your post, I didn't really think hard on it but the way you stated, I have to agree with you.

O/T Mods with my apologies - a very dear friend called me last night just before midnight to tell me her husband, who I am also close to - (these are the kind of friends you go to Thanksgiving dinner with, have over on Boxing day, etc., dear friends) called to say her husband who has been having medical problems has been given two to six months to live. So very sad. That means with that news and less than five hours sleep, I may be" off point" today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360