2011.05.14 - Sidebar Thread (Juror Selection Day Six)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday my DH was tuned in to Fox News Channel, at about the time they were discussing the probable sexual abuse angle that the DT might end up using. He is not a follower of any crime cases but he's heard me mention this case previously and I think (not really sure) he was aware I was following it more closely, again.

Anyway, he yells out to me ... "Did you hear about the defense they are planning on using for that Casey Anthony case?" And of course, I replied, that yes I was aware they are planning on blaming it on her being sexually abused by George and Lee.

My DH is not usually that opinionated, but he then proceeded to espouse in a very disgusted tone of voice about how wicked, evil, cunning, manipulative and many other non-flattering adjectives about the defendant.

This line of defense may end up doing the exact opposite of what the defense team is hoping for! Especially with male jurors, imo!

Good Morning Everyone! Just got to sign on a bit ago after doing some cleaning....started listening just in time to hear HHJBP say, "I'm not going to say that the judge knows best, but I will." and then "Next week we're going on the Perry plan."

I love this man! LOL Is Mason there today or did he take the day off?

IMO Mason is too important and priviledged to have to work on a Saturday. What did he say yesterday- paraphrasing- that he is pro bono and charity only goes 'so far'? Sorry don't have his exact words. He was complaining about yesterday going into the late night...what a baby. Didn't know you could throw "I am doing this pro bono" out there as excuse to get out of late nights and weekends.

Sorry - just noticed you are an Aussie!! Oh what the heck - stay up! I have a feeling we are in for a grand day with HHJP.

Same but family obligation this morning at 1030 and am wondering on how few hours I can survive on - Hmm, you're right what the heck!

SNAP! Jose totally dis'd ICA. turned his back

Well, if Jose is still on the case 'til the end of trial, and KC is convicted, guess what. She will probably write him very long and bizarre letters daily and mail them every stamp opportunity she gets, she will file all the claims she can and he will have to answer to the Courts, she will request a complete copy set of everything (yes, that entire who knows how many thousands pages file) every time she can and he will have to provide it, at his own expense. He is stuck with her for the rest of his life, one way or another, unless he gets off this case somehow very quickly.

Guess ignoring her now is all he has left.

Let me tell you, I can relate to that juror, and what she said was cathartic for me, too. It was like she was speaking for all parents who've lost their beloved children to death. Seeing ICA's response/lack of response only told me what I've known all along.

Exactly. I am in my house listening to this on the internet and I was tearing up. How could anybody sit there and stare at this woman so blankly without any emotion whatsoever. It takes one cold you-know-what.

Thanks for the buffet ynotdivein ... yumm.

Do you think when the DT says can the pot juror consider 'mercy', that they're really asking can you carry on the long tradition of enabling and entitlement that this young thang is used to and is expecting and let her get away with what she has done? I sure bet that was one of the questions that ICA insisted on and demands. :maddening:

That crooking of her little finger infuriates me and the way she saunters around the courtroom like it's hers. Guess what ICA, you're incarcerated. I hope those Pinellas County court guards don't start treating all detainees with such deferance. Ugh ugh ugh. I guess the contrast of this case and what the lady had to go through with the loss of her child just gets to me big time. :(

I know this has been asked before but can anyone tell me how to keep the window open that has the live video while doing other work in background? Thanks

Shrink the video home page, put the video in your upper left, and slightly resize the page you are working on, works like a charm.
Or use two browsers and do pretty much the same thing.

It's been a while since something with this case has made me angry. It's gotten to the point that I brush most of it off, instead of allowing it to eat at me. However, with the juror who lost her son...Casey's stare at her just set me off!

If she acts like this in court, especially to witness tears, and there are sure to be many of them, including some of her friends who knew Caylee, have held Caylee, have smelled Caylee...she is certain to be on death row.

Cindy and George will cry and she will look at them in the very same way that she looked at this juror. Cold and heartless! How dare they grieve for anyone other than her? She's the one who's life needs to be saved..why can't they allow the dead ones to remain dead?

That face she showed today is exactly the reason why I found her guilty on day 32! No remorse and no concern over her own child, or obviously anyone else child nor their grief.

I know this has been asked before but can anyone tell me how to keep the window open that has the live video while doing other work in background? Thanks

Not sure I understand your ? exactly, but if you are talking about how to keep both the video and WS visible at the same time - I don't know. My video window auto minimizes when I click on the WS page. I have to toggle between the 2 open windows.

Mott the Hoople . . . OMG! Loved that album . . . (showing our ages dear) and you have me singing. At least I can sing while unpacking for the next hour.
All the way from Memphis was a better song. :floorlaugh:

IMO Mason is too important and priviledged to have to work on a Saturday. What did he say yesterday- paraphrasing- that he is pro bono and charity only goes 'so far'? Sorry don't have his exact words. He was complaining about yesterday going into the late night...what a baby. Didn't know you could throw "I am doing this pro bono" out there as excuse to get out of late nights and weekends.

Last I checked, Mr. Mason, there were about 400 of us here doing "Pro Bono" as well . . . Justice for Caylee Marie (a sweet child who deserved so much better than what she experienced in her short little life).

Let me tell you, I can relate to that juror, and what she said was cathartic for me, too. It was like she was speaking for all parents who've lost their beloved children to death. Seeing ICA's response/lack of response only told me what I've known all along.

Well, if Jose is still on the case 'til the end of trial, and KC is convicted, guess what. She will probably write him very long and bizarre letters daily and mail them every stamp opportunity she gets, she will file all the claims she can and he will have to answer to the Courts, she will request a complete copy set of everything (yes, that entire who knows how many thousands pages file) every time she can and he will have to provide it, at his own expense. He is stuck with her for the rest of his life, one way or another, unless he gets off this case somehow very quickly.

Guess ignoring her now is all he has left.

Oh Merc well said - how fitting they are tied to each other for all time, poetic or what.

Shrink the video home page, put the video in your upper left, and slightly resize the page you are working on, works like a charm.
Or use two browsers and do pretty much the same thing.

TY! I'm gonna try this.

When you say 2 browsers, do you mean tabs? :waitasec:

I am SO non-techy. :iamashamed:

Out of thousands of posts, articles, and media interviews I read or watch each year containing hundreds of thousands of words, occasionally there are words so powerful that I will never be able to forget their message.

"I believe that to lose a child is the worst thing on earth, it is out of the natural order of things"

I will remember this lady's candor and pain, always.

Carried over from the last thread:

I don't think it was a waste at all. I'm guessing it felt really good for her to be able to express her opinion and distaste for ICA - very cathartic. And she did it in such an extremely eloquent manner while giving her a grand slap in the face at the same time. Awesome.

As one who lost a daughter, I'm in tears for her. I applaud and admire her. Blessings to her.

I think you may have misconceived my post. (I am very empathetic for that PJ and for you, as well. My deepest sympathies for your (and the pj's) loss.)

I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't cathartic for her, at all. I'm very glad she got to voice that in front of the defendant. And, I'm sure it was cathartic. I just wish it could have happened (for her sake) on day 1, so that she didn't have to waste almost five days sitting in court, waiting.

Truly, no offense intended her or you, or to anyone else who has lost a child.

But as it turns out, I'm glad she was the final prospective juror to be heard from before the break, as this might (kinda doubt it, but might) give Ms. Anthony some things to think about for an hour and a half.

All I can say is....

Why the he77 did HHJP not charge this man with contempt for posting the rules, talking about it, and making jokes about a book deal....yet he charged that Publix guy for just trying to get out of jury duty.

Seriously...that guy needed to be taught a lesson.

I'm running chrome and explorer. The hearing and WS are on explorer and chrome is playing games while I listen. I'm good as long as I don't hit the wrong "X" and :panic:

All I can say is....

Why the he77 did HHJP not charge this man with contempt for posting the rules, talking about it, and making jokes about a book deal....yet he charged that Publix guy for just trying to get out of jury duty.

Seriously...that guy needed to be taught a lesson.

I totally agree!

Perhaps his book can be called "I'm lucky I didn't get a contempt charge!"

Yesterday my DH was tuned in to Fox News Channel, at about the time they were discussing the probable sexual abuse angle that the DT might end up using. He is not a follower of any crime cases but he's heard me mention this case previously and I think (not really sure) he was aware I was following it more closely, again.

Anyway, he yells out to me ... "Did you hear about the defense they are planning on using for that Casey Anthony case?" And of course, I replied, that yes I was aware they are planning on blaming it on her being sexually abused by George and Lee.

My DH is not usually that opinionated, but he then proceeded to espouse in a very disgusted tone of voice about how wicked, evil, cunning, manipulative and many other non-flattering adjectives about the defendant.

This line of defense may end up doing the exact opposite of what the defense team is hoping for! Especially with male jurors, imo!

And in the back of every male's mind is that not an issue that they consider when they date someone. Maybe they don't think about it but wouldn't that be a consideration as to how they would feel if someone falsely accused them. I mean, really, she has already lied about her daughter to LE when Caylee should have been the most important thing in her life. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member