2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Morning Edition)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KC stone-faced, not happy whatsoever, taking notes.

Juror cannot dismiss her opinions. Excused.

2vn5jdc.jpg

HHJP doing something on his Blackberry or iPhone.

Watching ICA it seems to me that she has the ability to disassociate herself from so much of the discussion about her.

She appears to react when the charges are being read by the judge but for the most part she also appears to be playing a part.....for example like being a clerk or some part of the defense team. She just doesn't seem to 'get' she is the defendant.

HHJP: juror in seat number 40, juror 3038. Has 3038 arrived?

no

HHJP: any objections to taking this juror out of turn?

no

HHJP: 3206 are you?

yes

HHJP: did you heed? not watch news? not to discuss? not to use the internet or social media?

yes

HHJP: has anything changed since several days ago?

In terms of the issue of hardship?

nothing has changed?

HHJP: would you relate to us what you have heard in as much detail as you can and the source.

the first thing I heard was when the little girl came up missing. there were a lot of reports regarding her mother. the stuff you discussed, I had heard all of that on tv.

HHJP: what did you hear that you did not hear in court. did you hear anything about anything miss anthony may have said or not said. what have you learned other than what I told you in court. what facts do you know.

that she did not report her child missing for a month, and it was her mother who called. I don't understand I would be hysterical, I would want everyone to help me. I watched everything on this case, it was interesting to me. anytime it was on tv I watched.

HHJP: any of the hearings?

I don't think they were televised here. I saw her parents a lot. The odor in the trunk of the car. I heard her mother say it was a dead body in the car but then say it was pizza.

HHJP: did you watch NG?

(JUROR) I believe she is guilty.

HHJP: you know yourself better than we do, some people can lay aside opinions and impressions they have in this case and base whatever decision, only on the evidence given and the law?

I can't picture my opinion changing. I have had the opinion a while now.

HHJP: based on your opinion do you think you can be impartial?

I don't.

HHJP: Excused.

short recess - seems some of the jurors haven't made it to the courthouse yet

I don't care if any of the PJs who've said they think KC is guilty actually mean it. I just love how ticked off KC looks when they say it.

There must have been quite the traffic there. Two jurors not there yet and he mentioned the traffic earlier. ICA and smart attny dishing like a couple of teenagers.

PJ says she thinks ICA is guilty.

More importantly, states she has had that opinion for a VERY long time and has seen NOTHING to change her opinion so does NOT think she can be objective in deciding guilt or innocence!

Has anyone kept "score" on how many PJ's formed an opinion of guilt?

I wonder how this all sinks into ICA's brain???
it doesn't. She don't care - she just thinks "those people" are wrong.

Watching ICA it seems to me that she has the ability to disassociate herself from so much of the discussion about her.

She appears to react when the charges are being read by the judge but for the most part she also appears to be playing a part.....for example like being a clerk or some part of the defense team. She just doesn't seem to 'get' she is the defendant.

I think she thinks they will not find a jury and she will be let go scott free, she seems not to be worried at all

I like the PJ's who say flat out I think she is guilty. I realize it means it will take more time to sit a jury, but it sure brings ICA down to earth and stops all the giggling etc. This is not a social event ICA.

I can't remember the last time I saw ICA so happy! She's downright perky this morning!! :sick:

Has anyone kept "score" on how many PJ's formed an opinion of guilt?

I wonder how this all sinks into ICA's brain???

Watching her...NO...I think it plays into that they can't find an impartial jury--and blaming everyone for it, i.e., parents and media.....never her team....its probably a plus plus....and how unfair everything is....

Is that RB next to KC?

No but that is a good question...no show for 3rd day in a row. I wonder if the DT got rid of her. This is a lawyer from CMs office. She was quite good the other day IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak