2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Morning Edition)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is talking about the juror who would not feel comfortable about judging someone...

I wish LDB was talking into a mic so I could understand what her objection is. Somebody does not feel comfortable doing something but what???

Is this the woman the SA tried to strike before and were denied? Or am I confused?

LDB is trying to fight the unstruck Strike That could Not Be, isnt she? I was hoping all week that they could find a way around that juror. I knew if anyone could do it, twas LDB and JA.

GO LDB! I really hope this PJ is excused now that the state has come up with another way to present it. This is about the AA woman that says she can't impose the dp and she doesn't like to judge people. (in short, the woman we were all worried about hanging the jury)

LDB is reading the transcript from the lady they tried to strike last week.

The african american juror 1319 that the Judge denied preemptive strike, LDB is arguing something they must have on her to have her excused.

Does not seem that this juror would be Death Qualified in this case. Seems on these grounds she would have to be excused.

I wish LDB was talking into a mic so I could understand what her objection is. Somebody does not feel comfortable doing something but what???

The lady who doesn't like to sit in judgement of others. Juror with strong religious convictions.
The one who doesn't like to judge someone based on what someone else said.

Question?? If the State would drop the death penalty, would finding a jury be easier than what we have now

Is this the AA woman that the DT accused JB of being racist (in so many words) over

So the endless hours of first run questioning of these jurors didn't do the trick? And here we are with none left to question? At some point ICA is entitled to a jury of her peers, not the jury perfect for her.

please HHJP please please listen to the state, we ALL had the same bad feeling about this juror...

LOL I muted it because I'm afraid of a smackdown by HHJP and I forgot I have IS on. I hope he grants a strike for cause!

O/T -- the buffering and timing out is driving me batty lol. Anyone have a fix or is it the site I'm using? I'm on clickorlando TIA

LDB: the juror gave info in a more "dramatic way"...when asked if it would impose a hardship the juror indicated yes when asked why he said well I just hope I can judge people....religion...someone somewhere I should not do.

there was some other discussion...when the court asked direct questions about family...she said "I just don't feel I will be comfortable doing that sitting" the court told her we would get to that at the appropriate juncture..."yes sir true" and the court asked and that would cause you to in some ways to just not do that? the juror said "correct" the juror was excused and mr george had indicated no sir...CM was asked and at that time he objected....following her own religion...but I don't think its a cause challenge I object....

she was expressing concerns not being able to sit in judgement of others....five days into the second inquiry....is that personal or religious...the juror said a little bit of both...juror said I don't like to judge someone on what someone said. the judge asked and the juror responded "no." the court asked can you sit and listen to the law and all I tell you? the juror did say yes sir I have no problem with that which is conflicting. mr. ashton at some point asked you say you don't like to judge people on what others say, correct.

so there are some conflicts in her answers. and based on that we did not persue...the case law I have presented to the court...that is a case from 1992...(citing case law)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi