2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Morning Edition)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would still be hard because of all of the pretrial publicity however from what I understand in some ways it would be easier because the jury wouldn't also have to be death qualified so the process of selection would go a little faster without all of the death qualification questioning.

Non DP cases also usually have fewer peremptory challenges, as well, so I do believe we would be seated and moving along already. But the State has the right to seek the justice they feel is necessary for the victim, and, in this case, they seem to really want the DP.

LDB pointing out the other juror in similar situation that the DT objected to and CJBP allowed them to be struck.

Are you referring to the catholic lady who goes to church every morning?
I agree..this AA lady should be dismissed
JBP dismissed one for religious beliefs already.

Something about the jurors inability to sit in the guilt phase. SA's concern is that when the juror gets in the juror gets in the juror room -- and I can't get anymore. Judge Perry interrupting - what reasons were indicated at the time for issuing the preemptory challenge, you said something that was a little different that was not said. Something about concern that this juror will hang a jury.

LDB is concerned this woman could hang the jury

HHJP saying that was not articulated the day this all happened.

State still trying to get the older AA woman who does not like/want to judge people due to her religious beliefs off the jury..
I totally agree...I feel the DT and JBP are being very very insensitive to her..

This woman may have a breakdown if Forced to be on this jury panel and have to hear and endure the evidence when it is presented...
OR
Because she is forced to sit in judgment...she may judge very harshly once she hears and sees the evidence about the death of a 2.5 yr old child.
:twocents:

I like Judge Perry, but I have to agree with you. The woman SHOULD NOT be on the jury for any reason.

They are trying to re-argue and the judge will only hear argument on the initial argument at the time they requested a preemptive strike.

HHJP pointing out they never said anything about that possibility at the time, that the jury could be hung.

LBD apologizing for not articulating that they feel that this juror would hang the juror. HHJP says you didnt say that during original argument...."go on"

you know what... I think both sides really screwed up with 1319..... they didn't even question her at all....

they majorly messed up imhoo...

Exactly why I could never be a Judge or an attorney.

If I were, I would seen be a defendant awaiting a Capital Murder trial.

:banghead:

I was a little late tuning in this morning. I actually had to fight tears when I signed on and caught up with all your posts and the back strikes during the last break. I'm drained. :truce:

I think that she is absolutely right in her argument about this. I hope HHJP veiws it like I do.

LB seems tired today. She's usually much stronger and articulate.

moo

LDB saying the hardship she expressed wasn't financial it was religious - sitting in judgment of another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem