2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Morning Edition)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure how some can say that this is going to be a hung jury when no evidence has even been presented to the jury yet. The case hasn't even been tried yet. Anyone of these jurors could cause a hung jury so to put this off solely on the shoulders of the one juror just isn't right in my opinion.

Whatever happened to remaining optimistic?

Since Mr. Baez appears to be a fan of the Holy Scripture, perhaps he would be well served to absorb the words and meaning of what has been my Internet signature for many years.

should have kept a lot of the folks they struck... they are going to use all their strikes and will get what they get!!!

moo

Okay...which one of you has been talking to this PJ? :floorlaugh:

What would make sense to you?
PJ: Certain connections . . . obviously leads to guilt

This PJ just stated that to him, what he's heard so far, there are too many connections to KC that it just makes sense that she is guilty.

Aside: KC much more reserved than earlier, no expression on face, taking copious notes.

He works in a mall. The television is on at the mall. he heard that it was taking forever to decide who was going to be on it and who wasn't.

HHJP: anything about what you heard affected you?

no

HHJP: have you done any internet searches? twitter or facebook?

no

HHJP: prior to coming to jury selection had you heard anything about this case in the past?

yes

HHJP: when and what is the source?

about a year ago I was working with a lady who kept up with the news. she was chatty and this trial was a source of her upsettness and she thought it took too long and her views on it.

HHJP: what views did she express.

why was it taking so long, it was one sided information. it shouldn't have been a long trial but short and quick and should be done.

HHJP: did she think ICA was guilty or innocent?

she said all evidence pointed to casey being guilty. she talked about the disapearance...about where she was found...a theme park...something with that...something about her being wrapped, the remains were found wrapped, she was hooping and hollering one morning...that didn't make sense.

HHJP: news?

no I don't watch the news.

HHJP: Nancy Grace? GR? 48 hours?

nope.

HHJP: as a result of your co worker expressing opinions to you and what you have learned from media accounts, have you formed any opinions?

honestly yes, certain things just make sense. enough connections that it is obvious there is guilt.

Now, if someone is so obviously guilty that no one can see them as innocent...do we have to start letting super guilty people FREE because there cannot be a trial?

I sincerely believe that PJ1319, clearly, will NOT be able to understand any of the forensics persented..over her head.. this should be reason enough!

Between PJ1319 asnd the one yesterday that knew ALL about the case, the jury room will be a "zoo"..IMHO

I am totally disgusted!!!

So now the state must use a challenge on the juror if they don't want her prior to being sworn - is that correct?

My interpretation (and I am not an attorney) No, LDB was objecting to the judge not allowing them to use a peremptory strike. JB basically used a loophole of law about race to object and demand the state show cause that was not based on race at the time. At the time, the judge felt the state had not shown cause so by the law he overrode the strike.

IMHO the state failed to ask enough questions because they knew right away they were willing to use a strike. This is the price of rushing (or feeling rushed) voir dire yet I don't think if the judge didn't keep them to task, it would take a year

You never know, that juror may get sick and have to leave so an alternate will come in for her. Since can't judge others, she might find the trial so sickening that she might not make it through

33joil5.jpg

rut ro - he can't put aside his opinions

NEXT!!!!

Juror "to be perfectly honest" he cannot set aside his beliefs that there are too many connections that tie Caylee's death to KC.

SA and DT no inquiries. Will be excused.

The jury won't be able to agree in totality on ICA's guilt or innocence, so the trial will have to be done all over again. She won't walk, but the trial will be a total waste of time and tax payer money. The state will try her again, but who knows how long that will take.

But... let's pray we're all wrong and once this juror sees the horror of what ICA did to beautiful Caylee she will be more than able to sit in judgement of another human being.

~ Frightening thought isn't it?

Thanks so much!

CJBP: At the time they gave their reasons, the State did not express their concern about that juror hanging the panel. That juror was never asked what led her to change her response. There was no additional questioning, and the questioning of that juror was quite short. Mr. Baez has a point, I'm not going to let this be argued over and over and over again.

Rightfully or wrongly I did what I did, and I stand by my prior ruling.

Yeah , doesn't make any sense to me..."hanging the jury", the Prosecution never mentioned this before...I sure hope The Judge knows what he is doing!

casey sure did BRIGHTEN UP !...

IMO
The FIRST very bad decision made thus far in this case.

The DT should be very weary of this juror....she is now forced to sit in judgment and they may not like the result.

:twocents:

I got the impression that HHJP is perhaps not as comfortable now with his denial of the state motion to strike this juror. I think he is aware that mistakes may have been made by all but feels his hands are somewhat tied now.

My Opinions Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member