2011.05.17 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi long time lurker checking in.

I'm curious, ever since the jury selection has began I get feeling less and less like I can face watching this. I mean some of the people are struck out of whim (I know that's what the strikes are for), I'm sure they have their reasons, like not getting to the magic number 12. :innocent: However it is some like the woman they kept on because of race that said she couldn't make the death penalty decision the prosecution tried to strike. Why is that person on?? Or did I miss and they managed to get rid of her? It was so early how could they cry race when they had no idea if the next 6 chosen would be Hispanic or AA.

I feel more and more what we have down her is a legal system not a justice system. My heart cries out for justice for Caylee but what chance does she have?

I've followed since day 31 and the reason I follow a bit today wan I've been off sick. Yesterday I couldn't bring myself to watch. Does anyone else feel this way? I mean I've got to the point of despair in what is right happening compared to what is legal happening. For example the state was over ruled when the defense said "there may be no crime" excuse me, a child is dead, if only due to neglect and that is a crime!! We are having a trial for a dead baby, there was a crime. OK they may be able to bend time travel trough a wormhole to another universe where Casey didn't do it, but someone is responsible for that babies death!

Sorry about the tirade, it's just I cringe at even following the forums right now. Anyone else like me out there and can anyone convince me there is justice in this somewhere?

Oh I agree it's exhausting. Simply exhausting. It is utterly unfathomable to me to see a group of grown adults basically volunteering to free a child murderer whom they KNOW is guilty.

Factor in the absurdity of ICA pushing this thing all the way to an actual trial and it is obscene. I don't even know how to feel or what could be done, but our system is a joke due to media/fame/money considerations and defense lawyers working "pro bono" simply to get famous.

I'll even say this - I do NOT care if she gets a fair trial or not. I care that she is convicted. That's it.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136462"]Link to our thread about the A's potentially suing over "Justice for Caylee"[/ame]

Lera213 I don't know when you put that pix on your avatar, but I cracked up when I seen that on the other thread.

Had B-Day dinner with son and his wife tonight so I missed the last hour. Still at 11 jurrors I see. Waht happen when ICA and company had closed door/side door meeting?
Thank you Merc posted it and I ran and made it my avatar :floorlaugh:

Oh I agree it's exhausting. Simply exhausting. It is utterly unfathomable to me to see a group of grown adults basically volunteering to free a child murderer whom they KNOW is guilty.

Factor in the absurdity of ICA pushing this thing all the way to an actual trial and it is obscene. I don't even know how to feel or what could be done, but our system is a joke due to media/fame/money considerations and defense lawyers working "pro bono" simply to get famous.

I'll even say this - I do NOT care if she gets a fair trial or not. I care that she is convicted. That's it.
Oh come on don't hold back. *hugs* :rocker:

I'll drink to that!!! :great:

Move over, Horace. I'm right there with you about now. It's time to get this DONE!

Based on the notes in unexcused thread - here is what tomorrow morning will look like HHJP said 5 in the AM the first number he said was 3283? I have not found that one yet. Maybe he transposed the numbers? Here is the rest from 2-5:

#38 #3310 - Male - no hrdshp; no financial, family or medical concerns; only medical is blood pressure meds; no upcoming plans; will be pd by work
IN - ASKED BACK Running total - 55

#39 #3025 - Female - will be pd for 30 days by work & offer up whatever vacation time she needs; very much wants "to do the right thing"; has 3 dogs - needs to board
HELD - Asked to call boarder and see about discount in boarding and report back

#40 - #3016 - Male - no hrdshp; no financial, family, medical hrdshp; is a teacher, has 3 weeks left; under public school contract will be pd and retain job security; 2 dogs w/ neighbor to watch
IN - ASKED BACK Running Total - 56

#41 #3317 - Female - no hrdshp, financial hrdshp, will not be pd by work; would rely on one parent - other parent unemp - lives with parents; HHJP instructs to inquire with temp agency she works for about having a position for her when done; St. Pete College - not in session for next 2 months; had fun stuff for summer planned - cruise, nothing prepaid; very young and articulate girl!
IN - ASKED BACK Running Total - 57

Okay, I found number 3283, he will be first tomorrow (thanks to WiseOldOwl):

56. #3283 - Male - exp financial hrdshp; works in medical industry; will not be pd but not sure how long. Instructed to call emp and ask about pay for extended period.
HELD (instructed to call about compensation)Reported back after lunch and he will be pd by work

The wheels of justice grind slow, but they grind fine.

Can't remember who to attribute this to, but have faith folks! Tomorrow will be a jury of 12.

Longfellow : "Though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small; Though with patience He stands waiting, with exactness grinds He all."

well I don't understand the strike for race either since Justice is blind it is of my opinion that race/sex/gender shouldn't really be a factor. That is just my opinion...yeah strike if they find something about not able to understand lets say high school level thought process, strike if they are totally against DP, strike if they lied on the questionnaire

I agree with you more or less. This is probably redundant but I'll say it anyway...the defense team probably does not want Hispanics or many hispanics because ICA was accusing a Hispanic woman of kidnapping.

That might be it. I just remember he had a low IQ?? I think it was called the innocent man.
Okay, I just checked and I gave my copy of The Chamber away because I couldn't stand it. As I recall, his grandson in the novel went to work for a major law firm (as a stealth lawyer) to get his case assigned to him and have the resources to try to fight it and the grandson did contact the Innocence Project. The main character (Ed Cherry??:waitasec:, IIRC) was a disgusting person- a head Klansman and bombed a legal clinic in the south. I have a feeling this was based in reality. His family ended up paying the price for his crimes and he went to his death never telling on his accomplices.

This has been agony but I know Caylee will get Justice and ICA will get exactly what she deserves.

Thank you! I have admit I don't care if she get's the death penalty only that she pays for what she did. Life in prison getting old and wrinkled would do it.

Are there people that would try so hard to be fair that they would find her innocent just not to be thought of as unfair? That is unfathomable to me but it seems to be what some of the PJs sound like.

Okay, anyone thinking it's a coinkydink that since her parents (really Cindy) tried to see her prior to jury selection and were shut down, there have been a few lawsuits and mentions of lawsuits thrown around? Is there a correlation?

I bet the DT is hoping to get to 3310 tomorrow. They want as many males as possbile. I kind of expect the state to strike someone tomorrow so they can get to the female 3025. I bet the counsler goes tomorrow. In my opionion that first alternate spot is very important. That person will most likely sit on the jury. I expect number 1319 to not last. MOO

Okay, I just checked and I gave my copy away because I couldn't stand it. As I recall, his grandson in the novel went to work for a major law firm (as a stealth lawyer) to get his case assigned to him and have the resources to try to fight it and the grandson did contact the Innocence Project. The main character (Ed Cherry??:waitasec:, IIRC) was a disgusting person- a head Klansman and bombed a legal clinic in the south. I have a feeling this was based in reality. His family ended up paying the price for his crimes and he went to his death never telling on his accomplices.
Nope this was about Ron williamson and i really think he got out. I think it is called the innocent man. It took place in a small town and it was a true story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat