2011.05.17 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't happen. No way with the USPTO will allow that trademark.

ETA: There is a lot of case law that prohibits trademarking names etc.

In ICA's jailhouse letters she said that her mother had already done it with her and Caylee's name but I think she used the word "copyright" and ICA stated how betrayed she felt that Cindy would write a book or had taken money for a book - now that could have been a lie by ICA or she could have been misled about the details (hmm Baez?) but it seemed like she thought it was a done deal back then.

Regarding jury selection: 5 more to interview tomorrow and there are 5 peremptory strikes left between the pros (4) and the def (1). Is this correct? SO what happens if they all get shot down?!

Longfellow : "Though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small; Though with patience He stands waiting, with exactness grinds He all."

Thanks Paintr - I was just about to go grab that...

I'm feeling a bit more:

"I have of late--but
wherefore I know not--lost all my mirth, forgone all
custom of exercises; and indeed it goes so heavily
with my disposition that this goodly frame, the
earth, seems to me a sterile promontory..."

and a little of this:

"Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity..." (sorta reminds me of JB)

wonder if they will sue me over my tag line? wonder if they will sue everyone on the internet?
:waitasec:

good luck with that GA and CA... many people have wanted justice for Caylee from the start

oh yeah.. moo quack baaah hee haw, etc

Mark Eiglich on JVM saying that HHJP made a major mistake by not allowing the state to strike 1319. He is being over zealous and needs to slow down. JVM stating HHJP needs to slow down considering all the potential juror issues. Susan (didnt get last name) says HHJP just isnt allowing them to pretrial jurors. she is defending HHJP for the judgement juror saying a call like that isnt something that gets overturned on appeal.

wonder if they will sue me over my tag line? wonder if they will sue everyone on the internet?

good luck with that GA and CA... many people have wanted justice for Caylee from the start

The A's are the only ones I know of that don't want Justice for Caylee.

John Grisham, The Confession, on Grisham's website:

http://www.jgrisham.com/the-confession/

By the sounds of it CM is going to be mailing that book to each of the potential jurors. What a way to put doubt into someone's mind. Luckily no one has answered that they've read it yet and hopefully they won't look it up out of curiosity. It's a sneaky way to ask about their knowledge of the Innocence Project.

Guess I should change my avi nursie - whatcha think?

there is some good info about the trademarking issue in the verified lawyers thread.

cart-before-horse-2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CQ2qS6uG3hA/S_fYmePFUDI/AAAAAAAAEp4/Daq56_bHRwo/s400/cart-before-horse-2.jpg

:saythat:

Hi Everyone,

Really enjoying the discussion; you all are so well-informed.

I didn't follow this case as I normally would have, due to a variety of things going on in life. Trying to catch up now -- and I notice there is a huge uptick in the "number viewing" of these threads.

So, I was wondering, would it be OK to start an ongoing "Newbie thread" where people like me could ask elementary questions (such as "Where would I find a link to video of the jailhouse visits with the parents?" or "Who is Mallory?") that would just be cluttering up the sidebar thread or other threads used by veteran posters? I have to believe a lot of people will be needing the same remedial info as time goes on.

How would one get permission to start such a thread?

Thanks so much! :seeya:

I agree with you more or less. This is probably redundant but I'll say it anyway...the defense team probably does not want Hispanics or many hispanics because ICA was accusing a Hispanic woman of kidnapping.

But... but, the DT have been complaining over and over about not enough minorities in the jury pool. ???

Mark Eiglich on JVM saying that HHJP made a major mistake by not allowing the state to strike 1319. He is being over zealous and needs to slow down. JVM stating HHJP needs to slow down considering all the potential juror issues. Susan (didnt get last name) says HHJP just isnt allowing them to pretrial jurors. she is defending HHJP for the judgement juror saying a call like that isnt something that gets overturned on appeal.

As anxious as I am for this trial to start, I don't think slowing down would be a terribad thing. Just sayin.

Hi Everyone,

Really enjoying the discussion; you all are so well-informed.

I didn't follow this case as I normally would have, due to a variety of things going on in life. Trying to catch up now -- and I notice there is a huge uptick in the "number viewing" of these threads.

So, I was wondering, would it be OK to start an ongoing "Newbie thread" where people like me could ask elementary questions (such as "Where would I find a link to video of the jailhouse visits with the parents?" or "Who is Mallory?") that would just be cluttering up the sidebar thread or other threads used by veteran posters? I have to believe a lot of people will be needing the same remedial info as time goes on.

How would one get permission to start such a thread?

Thanks so much! :seeya:

Excellent idea. Email a mod!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-caylee-tradema20110517,0,5638136.story

George and Cindy Anthony are trade-marking their granddaughter's name so people won't be able to use or sell items in her likeness.

IN my opinion, this announcement to the press was an attempt by Cindy Anthony to divert attention AWAY from the jury selection proceedings where "potential juror" after "potential juror" is stating...."I BELIEVE SHE IS GUILTY!"

I don't like juror 1391 AT ALL. I don't believe her that she can't judge anyone--everyone makes judgments about people all day long whether they realize it or not. I don't believe her religion is a factor--not that I'm saying her religion doesn't preclude her from judging others (that's pretty much a tenet of every religion I'm aware of) I just don't believe her answers. My gut is she wanted on this jury for her own reasons which we'll figure out when all is said and done & I have very good gut instincts. Hate to say it, but me thinks she's the holdout juror. Waste, huge waste.

ITA...something changed her mind from her first initial interview and the time she was called back. Was it the magnitude of the case? Was she seeing $$$$ signs??? Just something hinky about her.

Lost track of another one. Does anyone know what happened to potential juror... a women who worked for phone company? Did she get through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob