2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! No questions from either side on the death penalty issue!

Wow, JP is really trying to save this guy! hee hee, JP said "Hell"

HHJP seems to be asking a lot more voir dire questions from this GC juror. I hope this means he is trying to cut Ms Finnell off from her long questioning.

Has no problem recommending life in prison but not sure about recommending death. Personally I didn't like his wishy washy answer that he might be able to consider death. He's another one that thinks that death is not something he should decide IMO. Knows that he would have to decide between life and death (if it came to that) and that it would be difficult for him to do. Would not let his views on the death penalty impair his ability as to the defendants guilt or innocence.

When he hears all the evidence, that duct tape and those 31 days might turn his attitude around...he seems to be a keeper...JMHO

Chiquita, thank you so much for the running update of what is being said in the courtroom. Very helpful for those of us who are at work and can't listen or view feeds! I really appreciate it!

I like him. He's honest. I would feel much better if ALL the jurors wrestled with the question as much

JMO, of course.

Look, I'm as much in favor as everyone else is in assembling a jury now, so we can get on with the trial.

Problem is, I'm not so sure this guy is being honest. His life seems too devoid of human complexity. Something is not being divulged.

state wont be able to strike him for cause though, because they failed to ask any mitigation questions. They would have to use a preemptary....

not sure yet whether i think they should strike him yet or not.

Is it just me or does ICA seem bored this monring? Sighing a lot, no major facial expressions, just kind of vague to me today,like she has so many other things she could be doing:rolleyes:

Has an uncle that was in the FBI, retired now (about 5 yrs)

Uncle retired from the FBI - uh oh - Baez may strike?

Really likin this guy so far........smart - and seems able to make balanced judgements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand