2011.05.26 TRIAL Day Three (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Baez really wasn't sure where he was going with his questions...shouldn't have brought up the Lee statement first.

Being disciplined by her father, not sexual abuse....JB still pushing this one....

TL isn't giving him the info he wants ....

Defense opening statement (paraphrased): she was molested from childhood, learned to carry on as if nothing was wrong, desensitized to trauma, lying and acting "normal" became second nature to her. This assertion was impressed on the jury by the infamous/shocking sentence in DT opening.

Given the above, every witness for the State who has testified as to her appearing "normal", happy etc.. every witness who has testified to her lying about something (job, daughter whereabouts, future living conditions) ... all of this testimony (90% of the testimony so far) does nothing to contradict the DT assertion and in fact supports it.

The State had obviously intended to provide a multitude of witnesses to testify that she appeared unaffected by her daughter's death, but the DT shot a hole in that boat before the first witnesses were called. Same with the 31 days, its lost its relevance unless the State can can remove any reasonable doubt from the DT assertion(s) - and that won't be a trivial matter. IMO, there is a difference between no detectable change in behavior whatsoever (what we've heard to date), and small hints of something amiss. The former tends to support the DT story (conditioned to compartmentalize via trauma).

Aside from the effect of the testimony re: her disposition and behavior (neutral at best without anything else) the rest of the testimony from these particular witnesses thus far has additionally elicited that: no one could smell anything like decomp from the trunk, that (for the most part) she was at an attentive and/or loving mother, she was a light drinker, and she kept her relationship with her parents (and brother) as far away as possible from her friends/love interests both in the character of those relationships and the overlap. "Ever met her parents?", "No".

This is the State's case in chief, but its helping build the case for the defense, perhaps moreso than the State's...at least so far.

There is something almost amusing about the claims that both Casey's being unemotional and her courtroom emotions coincide with some undergraduate oversimplification of how sexually abused people act.

Well, there you have it! TL's *secret* is out. LA tried o sexually abuse ICA.

No sexual abuse by GA!:great:
Wouldn't she have mentioned that or has she just tripped over her own lies.:floorlaugh:

Do victims of sexual abuse usually tell boyfriends of less than two months they have been sexually abused??

Sometimes, yes. I had a couple of boyfriends I was very close to and talked to all the time, and I told them within a couple of months. It probably just came up somehow when talking about families.

Tony... definitely was NOT sexual abuse by GA that Casey complained about. Short discussion.

I like TL. I have said that before I know. But he is cute and he is obviously patient. The poor guy has been there since this morning.

And as far as i know the Jury is NOT there for this questioning.

HA! Tony recalls that it was DISCIPLINE from George. DEFINITELY NOT SEXUAL ABUSE!

Do victims of sexual abuse usually tell boyfriends of less than two months they have been sexually abused??

Possibly. She's young and all that. But my guess is that she was just seeking sympathy and attention. Sociopaths are all about the poor pitiful me, I need sympathy, blah, blah, blah.

TL does recall her bringing up being disciplined by her father, but he doesn't remember. To his knowledge, it seemed like discipline to him. It definitely was not sexual abuse. He would recall that. It was definitely a short discussion. He doesn't recall the details. He does recall the word hitting. Nothing else. JB getting TL's transcript.

TonyL:

i do recall her bringing up being disciplined by her father, but i don't recall, it seemed like discipline to me.

JB: can u recall for certain?

TL: i just dont know for sure. definitely not sexual abuse.

a short discussion
i do recall t word hitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members