2011.05.26 TRIAL Day Three (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense opening statement (paraphrased): she was molested from childhood, learned to carry on as if nothing was wrong, desensitized to trauma, lying and acting "normal" became second nature to her. This assertion was impressed on the jury by the infamous/shocking sentence in DT opening.

Given the above, every witness for the State who has testified as to her appearing "normal", happy etc.. every witness who has testified to her lying about something (job, daughter whereabouts, future living conditions) ... all of this testimony (90% of the testimony so far) does nothing to contradict the DT assertion and in fact supports it.

The State had obviously intended to provide a multitude of witnesses to testify that she appeared unaffected by her daughter's death, but the DT shot a hole in that boat before the first witnesses were called. Same with the 31 days, its lost its relevance unless the State can can remove any reasonable doubt from the DT assertion(s) - and that won't be a trivial matter. IMO, there is a difference between no detectable change in behavior whatsoever (what we've heard to date), and small hints of something amiss. The former tends to support the DT story (conditioned to compartmentalize via trauma).

Aside from the effect of the testimony re: her disposition and behavior (neutral at best without anything else) the rest of the testimony from these particular witnesses thus far has additionally elicited that: no one could smell anything like decomp from the trunk, that (for the most part) she was at an attentive and/or loving mother, she was a light drinker, and she kept her relationship with her parents (and brother) as far away as possible from her friends/love interests both in the character of those relationships and the overlap. "Ever met her parents?", "No".

This is the State's case in chief, but its helping build the case for the defense, perhaps moreso than the State's...at least so far.

I respectfully disagree, there is no medical evidence to support those assertions and it will be pointed out that no one had much contact with Caylee, even Casey can keep up the charade for a few hours. Casey lived her life on a stage morphing into whatever character she needed to.

To me, so far, she is a shallow party girl who used her daughter as a prop until she became a burden, an habitual liar who will do anything to live the beautiful life....She was already after her parents house. Nothing she would like better than to walk free and have her parents incarcerated.

CM is wrong. They are not arguing remorse, they are calling her out on her lie to LE saying she was running around in circles all month looking for Caylee.

IMO

but wait isnt' their argument that she's supposed to actual normal????

CM arguing about SA asking witnesses about Casey's demeanor etc. calls it improper.

I don't understand...Are none of the witnesses today subject to recall? Also, why wasn't Chris S allowed to say that she stayed overnight? Didn't Mr. George simply ask how long she stayed?

because he went beyond the question. not asked.

CM says the questioning of friends is improper because it is questioning on the issue of "lack of remorse" and CM will move for a mistrial.

OMG Mason will be moving for a mistrial! based on all ICA's friends testifying that she had no remorse! Mason you can't have it both ways... what was there to have remorse for?

DT wants to move for a mistrial because of the "lack of remorse argument" based on SA's questioning

(((((nurse says: BUNK))))

Sorry folks, I disagree with most. We hear what we want to hear. I heard a young guy scoff at an older gentleman. The jurors don't know who this person and that person is. I think Baez has been trying to elicit a negative reaction and was ineffective. CM got what they were looking for. Jurors don't get tweets and don't get the opportunity to see what the outside followers see. They see what is happening in court. Understand the DT premise and your understand how things are viewed and when an older gentleman is scoffed at in open court it is noted with the jury. Not that I think this testimony matters because I think the detective and expert testimony is most important but CM as an elder got "dissed" to use young person terms.

I believe that deference is appropriate in a social situation, and only if it is deserved. This was not. this was business and I believe they have to argue as equals

Ya know......I'm starting to worry about the jury - dvd's, the hockey game, pretzels, etccccccccccccccccc. lol, I think they are bored alreadyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I'm sure they are ok, just bored in the off hours. They just have very little to do when they go 'home' to their lonely hotel room. I would be bored too.

And here we go....CM threatening the Court Again...he likes to threaten...then he plays the Senior, I can't hear and I am confused card...:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Oh I'll argue for the state on that one! It's easy! Remorse means GUILT! The state hasn't asked a single thing about whether Casey expressed guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove