2011.05.27 Sidebar Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Cindy played a big role in George going to work and not calling LE.IMO, she never really allowed George to Parent...she took control and he would just do what she instructed..even to his better judgment it seems

I totally agree! And I believe this too will come out! As I said earlier, just giving JB the rope!

I'm trying not to make too much of each blip in these early days.

Simon Birch totally rocked. He has no stake in this. He smelled something he recognized, reported it and left it at that.

JA held the defense's holey theory up to the light (if only briefly).

Painful as it is to admit, even I wouldn't believe a lot of what GA says at this point because in his desire to be a jerk to JB, he comes across as evasive. However... the man choked up and almost wept in front of an attorney he's in a pissing contest with when he described his fear in opening the trunk. That is not the act of a man who already knew his grandchild was dead. That is not the demeanor of a man who could hide a dead child and not report it for weeks. That's a man who was bone-deep-scared for his grandchild.

Those are the bright spots I'll take with me today.

One thing I do not understand about the man from the towing yard...why would he not want to make sure there was NOT a dead body in a car that had been sitting in his lot for a while? What if someone had been murdered during those two weeks and put into the trunk? He might have some liability. It seemed that he was willing to let the car go without checking the trunk at all, until George opened it. And then neither one mentioned the overwhelming smell they both recognized other than to say it smelled bad? That seems very strange to me. Not suspicious, on the part of the tow manager, but very odd.

I'm trying not to make too much of each blip in these early days.

Simon Birch totally rocked. He has no stake in this. He smelled something he recognized, reported it and left it at that.

JA held the defense's holey theory up to the light (if only briefly).

Painful as it is to admit, even I wouldn't believe a lot of what GA says at this point because in his desire to be a jerk to JB, he comes across as evasive. However... the man choked up and almost wept in front of an attorney he's in a pissing contest with when he described his fear in opening the trunk. That is not the act of a man who already knew his grandchild was dead. That is not the demeanor of a man who could hide a dead child and not report it for weeks. That's a man who was bone-deep-scared for his grandchild.

Those are the bright spots I'll take with me today.

All in all it was a good day for the SA, IMO. And, quite frankly, I'm getting a little tired of all the pessimism and doomsaying that is showing up on this forum lately.

I just saw the clip where MP breaks down. ICA "wipes" away a non-existent tear. She was trying to act choked up but did not pull it off IMO.

It drives me nuts that the television talking heads seem to accept without question that ICA is "in tears" every time she wipes at a dry cheek.

Who would tell JP about this? I'm interested juror #11 and alternate #16. Only because they are, 1) male and single. Actually I don't if alternate #16 is single, but he is young, around KC age. I wonder what their view is of where KC is sitting?

I know we're not to make snarky comments about looks - so this one is serious: is she really still coming across as the siren or "hot body" she once was? To me she does not look attractive or seductive or flirty or even particularly sympathetic.

Is it just me? Do you think to a man she looks frail or pretty or "hot" still? (asking purely in the jury impression sense...)

i was absolutely convinced she would not testify, till the opening arguments. now, she has to testify. there is no other "evidence" that there was abuse and as Beth K. is so fond of saying, just an accusation of abuse is evidence. plus beth has a VERY TIGHT relationship with Baez, (was telegraphing b4 openings that RK was gonna be fingered,) and she immediately said after the openings that "ICA will testify."

they have no choice.

and its gonna be interesting.

I'm new, what is the "I" in ICA?

Bringing this from the thread just closed :

"I don't know why GA decided to drive home a car that smelled like human death. It's an unmistakable smell; you can't mistake it for garbage or anything else. "

He drove the stinking car rather than allow his mind to accept the reality. I do not know if that is self-preservation, denial, dysfunction or a combination of all that & more. He was also pressed for time to get to his job. I heard him say today, he didn't feel like going to work after retrieving the car, but it was a new job & he had to go.... We all know the Anthonys refused to accept what was obvious to everyone else.

I hope the state addresses this matter to the satisfaction of the jury.

Since Casey was pretty much in constant contact with Cindy, I don't see George's mind leaping to either her nor Caylee being the deceased person who may have been in the car at some point. He had every reason to think they were both still alive and no reason to think Casey would kill Caylee. However, I can see both George and Cindy taking home and cleaning a car that they thought might contain evidence to tie Casey's car to some other possible murder. Remember him yelling, "The body in that trunk was not my granddaughter!"

cluciano63;

No one was thinking about it at the time. After tow yard man saw the news he took appropriate action. It is a tough job, GA came up to him with his sad story, neither clicked it in the head, until the news cast. Both thought could be garbage, don't want to intrude. It really is that simple. But tow yard man kept thinking about it, then the news, then the report.

I have not heard wind of this (that she is bonding with a juror) and all we have are cameras that are placed straight on her face or straight on the witness or the team doing the questioning.

She may have smiled....etc.. but the camera is never on the jury so I would say this is just speculation.

MOO

I sure hope you're right. I have not seen anything either, I have only read it.

I'm late to the party. What? I'm confused. Where did this come from? Please point me in the right direction

In this thread post 401. I just got home to and am trying to sort through the things that went on today.

Sorry but I don't know how to bring post over, but take a look starting from there.

But wait til Cindy gets on the stand. She stated, IIRC, that she told GA to go on to work, he had a new job, and she would take care of it.
I hope the State can sort that out, because it worries me a little. I don't think for a minute GA is guilty of anything other than bad judgment and giving into Cindy, but if I'm a juror who knows next to nothing about their dynamics, I'm thinking: wtf?

The juror flirting, KC flirting thing:

I think someone posted a tweet that said that. I have yet to find the tweet thread, but I don't spend a lot of time looking for it either, so....

I know we're not to make snarky comments about looks - so this one is serious: is she really still coming across as the siren or "hot body" she once was? To me she does not look attractive or seductive or flirty or even particularly sympathetic.

Is it just me? Do you think to a man she looks frail or pretty or "hot" still? (asking purely in the jury impression sense...)

I had the same thought. The Casey we see here doesn't look like the same girl in the hot body contest. She may be smiling & flirting, but that doesn't mean the other party is responding. The severe hair do makes her appear older and harder to me. MOO

Was it ever decided if they will work on Monday (Memorial Day)? I thought HHJP said he would know by today.

One thing I do not understand about the man from the towing yard...why would he not want to make sure there was NOT a dead body in a car that had been sitting in his lot for a while? What if someone had been murdered during those two weeks and put into the trunk? He might have some liability. It seemed that he was willing to let the car go without checking the trunk at all, until George opened it. And then neither one mentioned the overwhelming smell they both recognized other than to say it smelled bad? That seems very strange to me. Not suspicious, on the part of the tow manager, but very odd.

Tow Company owner had no legal standing to call LE . . . morally maybe, but legally, no. He did his job per protocol. As that type of business owner, would YOU want to report it to LE? Would you want that nightmare?

It was not his responsibility to call LE -- it would be the owner of the car.

I apologize if this has been answered, I did not get to watch the trial this afternoon.

Are they going to have trial tomorrow (Sat.) and Monday?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member