2011.05.28 Cindy Anthony testimony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wasn't there some point, really early, maybe even the first 400 pages, where it was stated that she and GA were standing in the driveway looking at the car after they brought it home and CA asked GA, something like "It was the Pizza, wasn't it." and he said yes and then went to work. Does anyone else remember that?

ETA: I always thought that she knew then and that he was just saying that to make her feel better until they could find out what was going on. I also figured that after he saw that they weren't in the trunk, his mind raced all the way home and he remembered that they have had contact with KC, and that he thought that she had a dead body in the car and was in some type of trouble, but that it couldn't be Caylee, because what daughter wouldn't tell something that big.

I remember this, and I always thought that it was GA's way of protecting CA from further anxiety. At that point, they had been hearing from KC every day through calls or text messages. KC almost always said something like, "Caylee is at the beach with Zanny" or "Caylee went to the park today." GA may have recognized the smell, but he didn't have reason to jump to the conclusion that either KC or Caylee were deceased.

GA was probably trying to think of other possibilities like..........did KC loan her car to someone who was involved in a crime and used her car to transport a body? GA didn't know at that point and decided not to make Cindy worry until they talked to KC.

I don't understand why this would be considered prior bad acts if the check fraud occurred during the time of Caylee's disappearance. Doesn't prior bad acts mean acts that occurred prior to Casey being arrested for lying to law enforcement or taken into custody or what?

Especially now that the defense has admitted she was never "missing". She was deceased on 6/16/2008, so they weren't "prior" bad acts.

Cindy's reaction on the stand today, with all that was said and played, was IMHO gutwrenching. I have heard those tapes many times and today I cried like a baby. I'm still in a lousy mood as a matter of fact. So look out, lol. My kids are shying from me even.

What I witnessed today will stay in my mind forever, me thinks. Reminding me SILENTLY to keep steady with my kids. It's the most lonely, thankless, but excellent, most important job out there - being a good Mom - and keep on keeping on 'cause you don't want to turn out an I C A

Praying for you, Caylee, and proud that CC and GG are trying to find their way to you through TRUTH. No matter what.

Jeez, I just don't know what to think about Cindy's meltdown today.
She acted like it was the first time she heard the 911 tapes, that have been playing for three years. She acted like Caylee died yesterday.
She had less emotion at the memorial service.

I feel like I'm watching a movie with a twist at the end, I didn't see coming.
Waiting for Lee .......
IMO

ETA: Thanks to the mod that fixed the blown margins on this thread.

I heard somewhere on the TV over the weekend something that might explain CA's emotions today. I honestly do believe that it has only been 6 weeks since CA stopped looking for Zany. I don't believe that CA truly thought it was Caylee they were memorializing. CA counted Caylee's teeth over and over and CA said Caylee had 18 teeth. There were 20 teeth collected with Caylee's body and CA brain told her it couldn't be CA. Don't throw rocks at me, honestly this is what I heard on the TV somewhere and I have no clue where. I was busy in the kitchen at the time and was only listening to the TV, not actually watching who stated this info.

I heard somewhere on the TV over the weekend something that might explain CA's emotions today. I honestly do believe that it has only been 6 weeks since CA stopped looking for Zany. I don't believe that CA truly thought it was Caylee they were memorializing. CA counted Caylee's teeth over and over and CA said Caylee had 18 teeth. There were 20 teeth collected with Caylee's body and CA brain told her it couldn't be CA. Don't throw rocks at me, honestly this is what I heard on the TV somewhere and I have no clue where. I was busy in the kitchen at the time and was only listening to the TV, not actually watching who stated this info.
It was nancy grace

I see motive through CA's testimony in court. Yes, I feel compassion for this woman. I know some don't. That's up to them. But even though I feel compassion, what I am seeing on the other side of the courtroom is showing me that ICA IS jealous of CA. She was jealous of her the day Caylee was born. From what I understand in the other threads, it's been reported that CA was the first to hold Caylee the day she was born. ICA was jealous of that. On one of the 911 calls, I believe the first one when CA took ICA to the police station and it was closed, you can hear CA say to ICA, if this is the way you want to play it, we'll just get her, or vice versa. I don't think that was the first time she had ever heard that from CA. The threat of CA taking custody was not to be tolerated by ICA in my estimation. How would that look? Where would she go?

What I am seeing with the seething looks from ICA towards her mother and verbally saying things about her mother's reactions in court to her attorneys is showing me that she took Caylee out of the equation because she was soooooo jealous of CA's and Caylee's relationship AND EVEN CONTINUES TO BE!! I think that was her motive. That being said, IF there actually was a fight the night before, that just seals it for me anyway.

BBM

I've long thought that when KC was killing Caylee it was her mother's face she saw. Caylee was becoming a ball and chain and rather than let her mother take her she decided to kill her. JMO

If there was a fight on June 15th, why lie about it?
I'm sure the neighbors heard lots of fights...why not admit to it, if there had been one?
Did Cindy just trap herself early on by denying there was one and couldn't ever admit it, even to herself, after that?
A family fight is not that rare...surely Cindy wasn't already thinking "motive" in the early days?

BBM

Because it can help supply motive. If KC left very angry that night because of something her mother said it might lead a lot of people to extrapolate a motive. JMO

BBM =KC is a pathelogical liar. It is going to be really hard to swallow the molestation allegations. KC=Susan Smith in my book.

I think that's an excellent analogy. IIRC, TL didn't think it was a good idea to have Caylee hanging around with his roommates who were smoking pot and doing the average college guy type things. I also seem to remember he wouldn't let Caylee spend the night. JMO

I posted this in another thread but it goes here...

On a side note, when JB was cross examining her today and she kept looking down folding the napkin or whatever she was doing. IMO, she kept looking down because all these stories she was recounting, made her look stupid. I don't think it was denial so much as sticking her head in sand, and if that is what she has done all ICA life, fine. But that should have stopped once Caylee came into the picture. It's really not about her being a negligent mother, its about her being a negligent grandmother. And Im sorry little Caylee had to pay for CA covering the sunshine with one finger and saying it isn't there.

I see motive through CA's testimony in court. Yes, I feel compassion for this woman. I know some don't. That's up to them. But even though I feel compassion, what I am seeing on the other side of the courtroom is showing me that ICA IS jealous of CA. She was jealous of her the day Caylee was born. From what I understand in the other threads, it's been reported that CA was the first to hold Caylee the day she was born. ICA was jealous of that. On one of the 911 calls, I believe the first one when CA took ICA to the police station and it was closed, you can hear CA say to ICA, if this is the way you want to play it, we'll just get her, or vice versa. I don't think that was the first time she had ever heard that from CA. The threat of CA taking custody was not to be tolerated by ICA in my estimation. How would that look? Where would she go?

What I am seeing with the seething looks from ICA towards her mother and verbally saying things about her mother's reactions in court to her attorneys is showing me that she took Caylee out of the equation because she was soooooo jealous of CA's and Caylee's relationship AND EVEN CONTINUES TO BE!! I think that was her motive. That being said, IF there actually was a fight the night before, that just seals it for me anyway.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

CA testimony about the odor in the trunk was interesting. I wonder which way the jury will lean after hearing that testimony in regards to the odor in the trunk.

Cindy also testified that she did NOT clean the trunk, she picked up a couple pieces of debris and sprayed about a whole can of Febreze. IIRC LE picked up their vacuum cleaners and bags etc., and found nothing. So it seems she is telling the truth about that.

It seems that no one actually thought the odor in the trunk was the smell of human decomp until the police officer took the magic stick in the trunk, and discovered a blue light special, that they thought was probably human decomp. From that point on, the odor suddenly became the smell of death. The car was taken in, and again IIRC was initially cleared by the orange county forensic dude, that checked the car out. Meanwhile, the press had gotten wind of the smell of death and ran with it. With the media's emphasis on the smell of death, the police department couldn't be satisfied with the initial findings of their forensic dude. So they scraped, and vacuumed and cut pieces of this and that and even took an air sample to send to the wonderful wizard named Vass. They also found a few hairs and miraculously found a hair that belonged to either KC, CA or Caylee, and since it had the death band on it, it could not have been KC or CA's, according to some reports. A bit of butric acid, a little alleged adipocere, an amazingly high chloroform reading, and some telltale maggots later, and the smell of death is allegedly confirmed. I would ask what happened to all the decomp fluids that were causing this awful smell, but I guess the maggots did a mindboggling job of eating it all except for that bit of butric acid.

I think CA and GA were both coached very well on how to act and respond respectfully to the questioning. However, something tells me they are not being completely truthful. I don't trust either of them. I do however believe they both deeply loved Caylee.

As always my entire post is my opinion only.

The only person responsible for Caylee's demise was ICA. MOO

hi guys.. havent been around in a while but ive been reading again lately since the trial started. hope everyone is well.

just wondering if there is a transcription of CAs testimony today like there has been for witnesses the past few days- i cant find it.

thx :)

It seems that no one actually thought the odor in the trunk was the smell of human decomp until the police officer took the magic stick in the trunk, and discovered a blue light special, that they thought was probably human decomp. From that point on, the odor suddenly became the smell of death. The car was taken in, and again IIRC was initially cleared by the orange county forensic dude, that checked the car out. Meanwhile, the press had gotten wind of the smell of death and ran with it. With the media's emphasis on the smell of death, the police department couldn't be satisfied with the initial findings of their forensic dude. So they scraped, and vacuumed and cut pieces of this and that and even took an air sample to send to the wonderful wizard named Vass. They also found a few hairs and miraculously found a hair that belonged to either KC, CA or Caylee, and since it had the death band on it, it could not have been KC or CA's, according to some reports. A bit of butric acid, a little alleged adipocere, an amazingly high chloroform reading, and some telltale maggots later, and the smell of death is allegedly confirmed. I would ask what happened to all the decomp fluids that were causing this awful smell, but I guess the maggots did a mindboggling job of eating it all except for that bit of butric acid.

I think CA and GA were both coached very well on how to act and respond respectfully to the questioning. However, something tells me they are not being completely truthful. I don't trust either of them. I do however believe they both deeply loved Caylee.

RBBM thedeviled.... I respectfully disagree. I think GA and CA and LA all knew what that smell was. CA even said it to the 911 dispatcher. GA drove home with the windows down. LA said he couldn't stand in the garage with that car reeking as it did. CA said she wiped Mama Doll's face and hands with a Clorox wipe and sprayed her with Fabreeze.

These folks may not have wanted to believe their senses (and after CA's heartbreaking testimony today I believe this more than ever though I never expected to).

But I do not think they WANTED to believe their senses. I will not discount the defendant's capacity for lying, nor will I discount her family's human capacity to fool themselves into thinking something is true that isn't.

After today's testimony, the defendant is looking like one cool, sharp customer. But we shall see what tomorrow brings.

RBBM thedeviled.... I respectfully disagree. I think GA and CA and LA all knew what that smell was. CA even said it to the 911 dispatcher. GA drove home with the windows down. LA said he couldn't stand in the garage with that car reeking as it did. CA said she wiped Mama Doll's face and hands with a Clorox wipe and sprayed her with Fabreeze.

These folks may not have wanted to believe their senses (and after CA's heartbreaking testimony today I believe this more than ever though I never expected to).

But I do not think they WANTED to believe their senses. I will not discount the defendant's capacity for lying, nor will I discount her family's human capacity to fool themselves into thinking something is true that isn't.

After today's testimony, the defendant is looking like one cool, sharp customer. But we shall see what tomorrow brings.

I respect your opinion as well. I really do think CA was struggling with herself about the 911 call and saying it smelled like there was a dead body in the car, but I think she was struggling because she wants to think it was trash, but she isn't sure one way or the other.

I bet if you made a poll only thread THE ODOR IN THE CAR WAS CAUSED BY

human decompostion
contents of white trash bag

that 99% of the members here would choose human decomposition. I don't think very many on here would agree with me that it was caused from the contents of the white trash bag. I know what all the contents were, and I know that there was allegedly no foodstuffs left in any of the containers, but I also know the only trace of human decomp was a bit of butric acid, and that is enough for me to have a reasonable doubt as to the smell being caused by human decomposition, when there was a white trash bag in the trunk.

Oh, heard you on the radio that was too cool!!!!

CA testimony about the odor in the trunk was interesting. I wonder which way the jury will lean after hearing that testimony in regards to the odor in the trunk.

Cindy also testified that she did NOT clean the trunk, she picked up a couple pieces of debris and sprayed about a whole can of Febreze. IIRC LE picked up their vacuum cleaners and bags etc., and found nothing. So it seems she is telling the truth about that.

In addition to the 911 call made by CA stating that it smells like there's been a dead body in the **** car....

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/110608georgeanthony/indexGallery.htm

I'm sorry I don't have time to find the exact page but above is a link to GA's interview by FBI on July 24, 2008 where he describes that he had the experience of smelling human decomp previously and states so in this interview.

Simon B. testified that he smelled human decomp coming from the car in an interview on July 24, 2008 as well.
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/092608simonburch/indexGallery.htm
(I'm sorry I don't have time to find the exact page).

There are numerous threads here discussing this but they are buried deep in this subforum.

You posted:

The car was taken in, and again IIRC was initially cleared by the orange county forensic dude, that checked the car out.

It's been 3 years and I don't remember the chain of events happening this way. Could you please provide a link so I can see as well? Thank you.

I know this is totally off topic, but it's 3:15 am and I'm listening to an interview that was on youtube of Joyce and Bailey Dickens from 7/22/2008 and they are sitting there telling the interviewer about the very place where Caylee's body was found. They were told about the place by Kio and encouraged her to call the detectives but Kio didn't know if she would.

Now, I'm sure there are millions of you who already know this, but I didn't know Kio had talked about it to anyone that early on. I always thought she brought it up much later. I just found it kinda interesting.

They also talk about CA and GA pushing the stroller up and down the street but KC never did.

BBM - "no one actually thought the odor in the trunk was the smell of human decomp"??? Really???

Devil, I highly doubt that anyone with a nose that is familiar with this odor has been incorrect in their determination on human decomp. in the trunk of ICA's car. As far as the body fluids go, something made a stain in that trunk and it didn't come from the air and no amount of scrubbing can completely erase the tell-tale signs of it ever being there. I'm placing my bet they will prove it and I'm waiting for testimony from Yuri, Vass and LA to confirm this.

It took a while, but being rejected for 3 years and barred from visiting her..
why should they look out for such a lying mean killer anyway?

Jeez, I just don't know what to think about Cindy's meltdown today.
She acted like it was the first time she heard the 911 tapes, that have been playing for three years. She acted like Caylee died yesterday.
She had less emotion at the memorial service.

I feel like I'm watching a movie with a twist at the end, I didn't see coming.
Waiting for Lee .......
IMO

ETA: Thanks to the mod that fixed the blown margins on this thread.

Try to remember if you can that to CA, Caylee's death was/is like yesterday. It always will be. At the time of the memorial service. She didn't really believe deep down they were celebrating Caylee's service. She had always counted Caylee's teeth which at last count were 18 so when they found Caylee's remains, they found 20 teeth. (I would venture to say, those other two teeth were just below the gum line and had not come in yet).

To CA, that wasn't Caylee. Whether it was something she needed to believe to keep going in life or just couldn't face the reality, I don't know but, that would explain the demeanor at the service and the demeanor you see now. Not to mention, 6 weeks ago she found out that her daughter knew from DAY ONE Caylee was dead and had put her family through all this, was now going to blame her parents and brother for all her inadequacies. I just think that pushed her over the deep end.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back