2011.05.31 TRIAL Day Six (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread is getting too fast for me, so this might have been explained.

The felony convictions (which go to Casey's credibility and believeability) are not admissible generally unless she testified. BUT Baez elicted her statements from Cindy regarding the paternity of Caylee. So she kind of testified through those statements. The state has a case to rely on saying that they can now introduce her felony convictions. What is funny is that is a case that THIS JUDGE was the trial judge on and let in evidence of prior convictions in that case in similar circumstances and he was upheld by two levels of appeallate courts!

I'm confused. Probably because I'm not watching the video lol.

But did Jose introduce these statements of Casey (through Cindy) and suggest that Casey's statements about paternity were TRUE? Because that's the only way I could see that he "opened the door" to impeachment through the felony convictions.

So when he asked Cindy what Casey had said about Caylee's paternity, was Jose suggesting that Casey's answers were TRUE or FALSE? :waitasec: If he was suggesting that Casey was telling the truth, then I think he opened the door and there will be an argument of ineffective assistance of counsel for opening such a big door for no real benefit to Casey at all. If he was suggesting Casey was lying, then I think he did NOT open the door to impeachment, and if HHJP lets the felony convictions in, the defense will have a potential appeal issue.

I'd say JB is like a t-baller.

That's what my law partner said after I described his cross examination the other day and his opening!

He opened the door to Casey's character. So now the State wants to bring in the 6 felonies.

How did JB open the door? Through what testimony, exactly?

Amy looks so pretty. Nice smile. ICA is just sitting there annoyed.

So....................are all of ICA's friends dysfunctional because they believed her lies too??????

Everyone is dysfunctional, stupid or lying according to Jose. Poor Casey was just a victim of everyone else... :banghead:

What again is 403? JB always uses this when he object's to evidence.

Oh man...wait until she testifys to the text about Casey texting away about the stench in her car...

This is THE MOST eye contact I have seen KC make with a witness. And, she looks totally disgusted and very mad.

IMO, it looks like KC is trying to intimidate her. Wow.

I haven't really seen KC in "action," but she is seething right now - or at least it looks that way to me.

Yes ita! You can see the RAGE building up inside of her...........

I think HHJP has just had it with JB. I think JB should keep his seat and fold his hands and wait the rest of today out.

:lol: Mr. George asks Amy a question

She says she doesn't know.

JB objects.

CJBP says - Overruled - She said she didn't know!

:lol:

She was an UNFIT mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ohhhh SNnnnnaaaap this is not good for the DT. You go, Amy.

"Her mom was crazy, she (KC) needed space, and she didn't know why she (CA) didn't understand that."

motive!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members