2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say after watching Vinnie this evening one caller called in. She made a statement that is really ringing true with me and since I've not followed the case since a 1 1/2 to trial it may have been said. so here is what she said in my summation: Why kill the child at two years old? Could it be because at two or three years old, children are able to converse and say things like how school was that day or daycare.

So let's suppose that Casey thought she had to keep Caylee away from her parents until this accident that ICA is most likely responsible for was because she knew that at one time CA could say "Mommy put me in the trunk last night" or "Mommy left me in the car with my babydoll and there were bright lights." I haven't heard it but it makes the most sense to me.

We had many posts previously about how Caylee was becoming more and more verbal....she was able to communicate with her family members and CA and GA had been asking Caylee about Zach, Annabelle and someone's dog.....also KC had a parenting book open in her room with a section on tantrums was displayed.....Caylee was also hitting that stage of development when they begin to individuate from their care-provider and begin to go out on their own to successfully negotiate tasks...(ie: walking a little farther from parents at the mall to explore the environment)_ I believe that once Caylee had become more than a little doll to dress up and show off but became more independent in her voice and behaviors, kc did not want to parent this child anymore (if she ever did).....she especially didn't want her Mother to win custody .... it was more important to use the tool of keeping Caylee from CA that was the best reward kc got in this (that and witnessing her parent's pain) IMO

I came here after hearing about Dick Tracy Orlando on HLN. lol

It doesn't look good for Casey, Baez should tell her to plead guilty now!
Wonder if she can do that at this point. :liar:

Happy I found websleuths.:seeya: Must run for now.

One thing Baez has to explain is: did the abuse precede the lies, or is the abuse the result of a lie. Which came first , the chicken or the egg???? But, first he has to offer some proof there WAS any abuse.

I am thoroughly convinced that ICA is a liar, and also convinced that the abuse is just another in a long list of lies that she has told for her own purposes.

Amy and Yuri were great!!!! Blessings to GA , CA, and LA.

The whole thing about how Casey's bags were packed is just silly. I am a terrible packer - very inclined to just throw stuff in the bag and hang it up and iron if needed once I get to the hotel. BUT - if I am on a road trip, stopping at a different hotel each night, and going to be living out of my suitcase, THEN I pack neatly and carefully. From everything I've heard, Casey was basically living out of her duffle bag while moving from friend to boyfriend, and so it makes sense to me that she'd pack more neatly for that situation.

Tink

The thing on this subject with me was: Why would it matter who packed the bag as long as the receipts found inside belonged to Casey, which I think that it's already been proven that they were. Follow the receipts, follow the security cameras. Yep, that's ICA. What else was he trying to prove with his questioning? Was something else in the bag other than the receipts going to be brought up in testimony or is JB trying to suggest that Caylee's things were not in the bag because TL packed the bags? Or that TL put the receipts in the bag to try and frame ICA?

I've got a question...

I was telling my teenage daughter about this case today. We don't have TV, cable, etc., so she's only ever heard of KC and Caylee from a cnn headline a couple of years ago. In telling her about the defense strategy she asked me this:

Are we supposed to believe that ICA's pretend world *was real to her*? Did she temporarily believe there was a nanny, her daughter was alive and well and touring Florida and that a cast of loving characters was joining her here and there? In other words - did she supposedly in the defense theory *not know that she was lying?*

No....they are not saying it was 'real' to her. They are saying she used it as a coping mechanism to function in life, due to the way she was treated, the abuse she endured, the dysfunction in her family, and it was the only way she could exist - to save herself by compartmentalizing and used to going on in her life - that it was normal for her to endure horrible abuse one moment then go about her life, like go to school and act as if nothing happened.... living a lie, a dysfunctional lie.

...just for clarification..it's still faulty reasoning, and won't fly...i'm just sayin', that's what they are trying to "prove".

;)

I heard this lady and I totally agree. I was going to post this myself but glad you did. I have struggled with why why why and I think this lady has come up with the answer. She had to get rid of CA or she would be found out and her whole make believe world would be gone. tia

I don't actually believe she kept Caylee in the trunk of the car (there were no indications of drugs found in the autopsy) but I do think it was the fact that Caylee was more verbal that led to her death at this time. I think she was getting to a point where she could tell her grandparents about being in bed with Casey's various boyfriends, or being dragged along to a party with Casey when Casey was supposedly at work. That's what could have gotten Casey in trouble, in my opinion, and that's why she felt Caylee had to go.

Tink

I have been trying to "catch up" on all the threads since I got home from work. I have a question (that may have already been addressed). Were CA and GA there in court today? All day? If they weren't why? Thanks!!

The defense has nothing to fight back with, all they have in their bag now is tricks. Sleazy lawyer tricks. Since they "think" they've explained away Caylee's death as an "accident," they can act like creeps. Where's that barf icon?

Caylee, we love you, justice is coming.

You all are cracking me up today. Thanks for the laughs!

:eek:kay:

Enough of my sarcastic ramblings. I am going to turn on CALM Radio and listen and try to forget anything Jose had to say today.

Thank you to everyone who posted. Who could have known WS would blow up like that? I got booted off for a while but still managed to get a few posts in. Thanks to the Mods for all the hard work. :tyou:

What was most amazing for me today was CM arguing that Casey was this poor intimidated creature following the whims of the big bad uniformed officers that were responding to her mother's desperate call(s) for help to find her missing granddaughter.

What is CM thinking? Does he really see it this way? Of all the things the defense is making up, it is rather obvious that Cindy called 911 and requested law enforcement. The "truth" had come out that Caylee was "not with" Casey i.e. missing: and whether the defense story about an accidental drowning is true or not...there is no reason Casey should have been upset about the officers that responded. IMHO.

This is so true and CM is forgetting that HHJP's Father was an honorable LE officer. :(

I don't actually believe she kept Caylee in the trunk of the car (there were no indications of drugs found in the autopsy) but I do think it was the fact that Caylee was more verbal that led to her death at this time. I think she was getting to a point where she could tell her grandparents about being in bed with Casey's various boyfriends, or being dragged along to a party with Casey when Casey was supposedly at work. That's what could have gotten Casey in trouble, in my opinion, and that's why she felt Caylee had to go.

Tink

I totally agree. I am sure there were places ICA could take CA while she went out. There are day cares that stay open all night, etc. I would like to believe that CA's death was accidental and I hope we find that out during the trial. I would hate not ever knowing the truth.jmo

I have been trying to "catch up" on all the threads since I got home from work. I have a question (that may have already been addressed). Were CA and GA there in court today? All day? If they weren't why? Thanks!!

No, GA and CA were not there. Today it was a bit of Amy if I recall, Lee and the officers involved at the beginning of the investigation, focusing in on Meli Yuri. It seems like they will keep bringing back CA and GA when they think they are needed.

Yes and so was Lee. :)

1. Doesn't the State have to offer her a plea deal? She already turned down two: Once before they found Caylee's remains. (She would have gotten 10 years).

2. When JP asked her how she pleads, she could have plead guilty right then and there.

At this Point, IF the State offered her a plea deal...... I would be wondering why they did it.

I believe it is way tooooooo late for Casey! I just don't see the state agreeing to have her plead, when it is 100% in their favor. (I could be wrong).

I will be shocked if Casey is offered a plea and she does end up pleading.

My husband has not followed this case at all these past few years. I've told him things, but to be honest, I think it went in one ear and out the other. He worked from home last week and wound up watching the trial with me. He went to work for the first time today and as soon as he got home he asked what had happened today...

When he first saw the opening statements, he thought maybe the DT stood a chance... Now, a week later, he thinks they're sunk and that Baez is an <unusual person> that needs to look into a new line of "work".

GA and LA were there, but I did not see Cindy. Probably couldn't stand to come back today after yesterday. Needed a break. I know I would. jmo

No, GA and CA were not there. Today it was a bit of Amy if I recall, Lee and the officers involved at the beginning of the investigation, focusing in on Meli Yuri. It seems like they will keep bringing back CA and GA when they think they are needed.

They were sitting in the back...

Welcome, Fern and Sally!

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

:welcome3:

We don't know him. Swearz. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member