2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't someone say that Judge Strickland used to ask ICA at every hearing if she was happy with her DT? Someone needs to tell Judge Perry to do the same.

HHJP - WE have not time to redact the portions. This is why we have deadlines. You have 5 lawyers.

"Practicing our Craft"
Is that a legitimate legal phrase?? strikes me as interesting.

lol...love it when JP counts the lawyers on the DT...lol.

Five lawyers sitting over there!

HHJP says were moving on.... next witness....

Interesting exchange between HHBP, JB and LDB re: 5-6 hrs of video of jailhouse visits....LDB argue we had a hearing on this ....he has had 3 years to object.....now he objects....JB we can object any time we want.....HHBP did DT have access to video? JB yes we did....week before we went Pinallas county offer to hear any motions a that time....why were no motions filed then.....discovery cutoff all motions must be heard prior to Decemeber 31,2010......JB had to face numerous issues....practice our craft to deal with important issues first ....we didn't pick up on everything.....moment we saw it here....I spoke to LDB .....we haven't been sitting and doing nothing ....litigating for last 3 years....not something we sat on....I became aware and brought up......HHBP Let me get to the Point!.....pretrial order provided all motions w/non-scientific evidence with no testimony....videos speak for themselves should be heard by 12/31/2010....fail to file motion to surpress in timely manner you have waived........we are not going back and forth with objections.....(ie: relevancy) problem you doing this @ this date....there is no time to redact portions.....that is why we have deadlines....you have 5 lawyers sitting over there with ample time since December....we will take a brief look.....you may have waived.......

Return the jury

Well, I'm glad JB said that he has been working on this case for the last 3 years.

Judge is counting up the lawyers on the DT ....5 without Ms. Fennel to prepare DT case. You go Judge.

LDB is absolutely correct in this. JB has had three years to address this issue. We're now in the middle of the trial and THIS should have been addressed long prior to this.

HHBP stating that before going to Pinellas County he gave them an opportunity to present any motions at that time.
I hope HHJP sticks by his word about deadlines. Baez missed the boat. And that's that.

Looks so much like a professor and student who has not met a deadline for a research paper. Maybe JBs dog ate the videos?

Is it possible there is a video visitation never released? That would be fun.

HHJP: Were all these videos made available to the defense and did defense have opportunity to review these?
JB: Yes. Generally speaking, yes. We've had them - that's why I'm raising the objection.
HHJP: We've had numerous hearings - and if memory serves me correctly, the week before we went to Pinnelas County, I offered to hear whatever motions ya'll needed to have heard, and there were motion deadlines -- why were no motions filed objecting to the admissibility -specifically the order provides non-forensic scientific legal motions requiring - there was a discovery cutoff that all motions must be heard I think prior to December 31st 2010.
JB: The answer to that is - in defending this case we have been faced with numerous types of issues - we've had to prioritize those issues and the practice of our craft has been one in which we have addressed more important first and many issues come up at a later time - many things at an initial glance we don't pick up on... the moment I thought there would be an issue - I spoke with LDB - we tried to resolve - I realized we wouldn't have a resolution - we haven't been sitting around doing nothing - litigating tooth and nail for the last 3 years - doing best we can with resources we have - we have not sat on - an issue that has come up - I'm aware of - I brough tit to the proper parties - and I think in a timely fashion. It's not after this evidence has been presented - I don't think it will bre presented for sevearl days off.
HHJP: Let me get to the point. The pretial order specifically provided all motions dealing with non-scientific evidence that required no testimony - these motions should require testimony because videos spoke for themselves should be heard no later than 12-31-10. There are numerous cases stands for the proposition if you fail to provide a motion to suppress in a timely manner you have waived that objection unless there is something you didn't know at that particular time, so.... as always - you can pose an objection - going back & forth for prolonged objections - you can ake your short objection relevancy if you feel it's not relevant or some other thing - but problem with you doing it at this date is simply there is no time to redact the portions that you're talking about. That's why we have deadlines. Ya'll had 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 excluding Ms. Finnell - 5 laywers sitting over there who have had ample time since December - we'll take a brief look at it - but you may have waived any objections - it may not be timely - let's move on. Who is the state's next witness?

of course hes objecting!!! Wouldnt want the jury to see the one where she tells GA what a wonderful father and grandfather he has been! Thatll throw the whole sexual abuse defense right out the window!

JB saying that when you re-watch videos there are things you pick out that you didn't notice previous times (paraphrasing).

In other words since the DT came up with their new "theory" about the drowning and "George is the bad guy" they don't want anything shown that can blow their story out of the water.

JB just got spanked bigtime. Thank goodness.

:waitasec:

It would be great if it was the Jail Video where the body was found near BPark, and the Jail Video when Caylee was found ...

The Jury would get to see the REAL ICA !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela