2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@bobkealing
bob kealing
#caseyAnthony State preparing to Play Lee's videotaped jail visit with Casey.

@bobkealing
bob kealing
#caseyAnthony Followers asking if Casey alleges Lee tried to Molest her why is she smiling at him?

can they declare LA a hostile witness if he continues to not recall and keep needing to show him his depo, not being cooperative to anything? Then I know they can ask leading questions of him.

Right - think I have it now....ICA is NOT happy with Lee's testimony so this is not going the way the defense team planned. just my take.
But Beaz and ICA are NOT happy at all.

LA seems to have a bad memory. Alot of "I don't recalls" If I were a witness that had already given a deposition, I would review it prior to testifying.

Could some one be kind enough to post the link to the chat room for me please?
TYIA

FG: Do you recall giving taped interview with Corporal Edwards on 7-29-2008.
LA: Yes
FG: Do your recall telling him what your sister said to you?
LA: No
FG: (refers to deposition)
DS: Object. May we approach?
HHJP: Not at this point. He's just asking to refresh his memory. If it goes beyond that we can approach?
FG: Do you recall what you said to Det. Edwards?
DS: Objection
HHJP: Let's approach - since I don't have the statement.

This will go on FOREVER if Lee keeps saying he "does not recall" every question Mr. George is asking him. Can't figure out why he is doing this.

"I don't recall", "Objection", "I don't recall", "Objection"...lather rinse repeat.

I'm close to pulling my hair out at this point.

No Ms Simms the witness is just refreshing his memory - if he answers the question you may object. You may not approach - oh - you may approach.
So now we see how the morning will go - maybe it really is time for my shower.

Okay, these sidebars are getting a little ridiculous!

Oh Holy mother of God, here we go Sims, the only one who can make me actually turn off the computer. Please no, not a do over of the Frye hearing...please no!!!!!!

I can't say I blame LA not being able to recall every comment he made to ICA/CA or LE during that time period, but if I was going to testify I would have read back over my statements to refresh my own memory...

My opinion about LA testimony is that he is trying to be very careful with his answers. He does not want to give the DT any reason to come back at him for something he says on the stand. I think LA is broken and knows in his heart what happened to his niece but still does not want Casey to be given the death penalty.

I really think someone else should be questioning LA I don't think this prosecutor is doing such a good job. DT is full of objections this morning. I wonder if that is their new game plan object to everything.

I think DS? is doing better with objections than JB does.

A HUGE FAVOR PLEASE....

When closing the trial threads...can we get about 3 minutes after break is called for last minute posts?? Daily, I get screen caps before the cameras go to Eagle....but by the time I hit post after uploading them...the thread is closed...

that said....

HHJP was reading a note...
View attachment 16016

then he was showing it to the DT before the camera cut to Eagle.

some of the best pics are in that few minutes after the break is called.

I agree with the leeway before slamming the door. But, if anyone has written a post and when you hit post it locks you out, just hit your computer's back button and the post should be there. Copy it and then paste it into the "post reply" box in new thread. It will copy the quotes and everything.

I think the note probably had to do with the jury, something they need, or whatever.

This is the first time I've seen the state seem...disjointed. Normally, I find their questioning to have a story like flow. Today, everything seems "off" to me.

Am I the only one feeling this?

No, but Mr. George often flounders, IMO. He is not as experienced.

SA needs to get JA up there.

If they switch the lawyers out right now, it would be a HUGE blow to Mr. George and unless the state is really rattled, I doubt they would do it.

KC seems happy and very proud of herself smiled at Lee and within seconds is crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny